• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Siberian Weirdness

fnordish

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
im sure someone must have posted this before, but i searched and coundnt find anything, so please excuse if this topic already exists.
does anyone have any thoughts on this article:

.nexusmagazine.com/articles/i ... tion1.html
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060615072447/http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/installation1.html

the gist of it is something about a valley in siberia with remnants of some ancient technological society, including what are possibly nuclear missile silos or something. my first instinct is to dismiss it, because i would think something like that would be getting a lot more attention than it is, and i cant find any mention of it outside of this one highly suspect "weird stuff" magazine site. but then, the area is so remote that i can barely find any mention of it at all. the geography is at least accurate, as i was even able to find the area on google earth:
link
thats the river valley in question. check it out, its kinda pretty. but im inclined to think this is just someones overactive imagination at work. but then my own overactive imagination kicks in, and i realize that part of me really likes the story, and it doesnt particularly conflict with my peculiar take on human history. so in the end, im pretty befuddled. i like it and want to believe it, but im very skeptical of "paranormal" websites and magazines (FT being the exception because it doesnt claim to have detailed inside knowledge of how bin laden hired ronald reagan to create the aids virus for their zionist alien masters, who subsequently took it back in time to strengthen their army of trans-dimensional egyptian chupacabras, so they can build the pyramids to the exact specifications of lord cthulhu - okay, thats kinda extreme, but i stand by my point)
so anyway, thoughts? ideas? is this definitely all total crap, or can anyone find anything at all to support it?

edited by TheQuixote: created hyperlink to stop page break

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a few thoughts:

1. Nexus has a bit of a reputation - think a sack of badgers and double it.

2. When you look for inforaiton on this online you only seem to find pages pointing back to that article.

3. Given all the things claimed there is actually very little solid evidence presented - a lot of pencil sketches and the like.

Now this isn't evidence its cobblers but it'd be enough to make me suspicious.

I'd keep an eye out for independent information on this before getting too excited about the find. I epxect the next thing will be a book on the area with a lot of wild claims and little to back it up but who know?

That said if Valery Uvarov wants to bung me a plane ticket I'd be more than happy to give it a look (not right now as I bet it is vile out there with the melting and the insects but later in the year - autumn perhaps).

yeah, i suppose thats pretty much my feelings about it. its a damn entertaining story, if nothing else. these things bother me a lot because i have a tremendous inkling that our (humans) history is so much more interesting that we even suspect, but its all as of yet lost to us. so these things offer tantalizing possibilities, but i want to know the real story!

double a sack of badgers, eh? hmmm.... i kinda figured the site was shady, but thats sounds a bit.... i dont even know what that sounds like.....

Ok, I am a sucker when it comes to stuff like that. I like Erich von Daeniken and Graham Hancock etc... don't you think that at least on of them would have picked up on this if it was real?
I mean if any of the article was true, you'd expect a lot of scientists to go there. And how did this person hear about it but the likes of D & H have not?

Just to be fair [and to keep but a faint glimmer of hope]. Could it be that because it is in such a remote area in the former USSR, that it was maybe kept secret and the story has only just emerged?
It would be good to find out if at least the old folk tales might be true. Are there bloggers in the Ukraine that could be asked?

If there was any thruth in it, again it would be one of THE most significant archaeological finds in history. Someone please go there and have a look... ;)

Ancient relics shooting down asteroids which are about to impact the earth (Tungusta etc)

nexusmagazine.com/articles/installation2.html
Lnk is dead. No archived version found.

I think they have been watching too much stargate or rehashing star trek (TOS) story lines. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang about, things get odder and odder...

Tunguska.2.jpg

Bob Rickard, Grand High FT Wizard

RRickard01.jpg

Leonid Kulik, the first researcher into the Tunguska explosion.

Draw your own conclusions people...

Didn't this idea run in UFO Mag for a bit - I have vague inkling that their dear departed leader was actually invited to go out on an expedition (pre-death of course). I no longer have any copies of those mags, but I'm sure someone here on the FT forum can find the references. However, I don't think it will add any more knowledge to the debate.

Perhaps a little OT, but it does apply to Siberia. A few years ago I found a strange story on Farshores.org about an expidition that uncovered a giant slab of some strange metal. Apparently the Russian military got in on it but all I really recall is that the strange heiroglyphs that were on the slab somehow indicated that to open it would end all life on earth. I think there may have been strange caves aswell.

Now I take Farshores with the same tiny grain of salt that I do Pravda.ru, and I think this article may actually have been taken from their site, but I found the story most fascinating and have yet been unable to find it again.

If anyone recalls this, just so I don't think I imagined the whole damned thing, or if anyone knows where I can find the original story, please post a link.

Thanks.

MercuryCrest said:
Perhaps a little OT, but it does apply to Siberia. A few years ago I found a strange story on http://www.Farshores.org about an expidition that uncovered a giant slab of some strange metal. Apparently the Russian military got in on it but all I really recall is that the strange heiroglyphs that were on the slab somehow indicated that to open it would end all life on earth. I think there may have been strange caves as well.
Sounds uncannily like an alternative plot synopsis for Lost.

I think it might be the plot for a Dan Brown novel that I can't remember the name of.

ok. im determined to find something definitive on this matter. the article mentions the yakut epic Olonkho Bootur, which turns out to be real. usually it seems to be just called the Olonkho. problem is, im having a damnable time finding a written copy, let alone in english. anyone feel like helping me search? i dont expect to find anything relevant to this story (who knows, though, i suppose), but its inspired for me a serious interest in siberia, and id like to read the yakuts major contribution to world mythology.

Earth Mysteries

Gadafiduck has it right, it was in UFO Mag. first and I think I still have it somewhere if anyone wants a copy. As I recall though he is again right in saying that it will add nothing to the Nexus article.
While on the subject of Russia, (slightly off topic) there was some stuff on the Internet about six years ago; a Russian scientist was doing research on interplanetary discharges ala Velikovsky. He had travelled the world to collect witness testimonies on big bolts of lightening. I think it was some kind of conference? I recorded it on CD at the time, but the disk went tits up and I could never find it again. Anyone know anything about this?

Now that I think was in Nexus. But I have further vague memories of something else.....allow me some thinking time - as you can see (I hope) I will get back if the old memory starts to work :D

Also, vague memory...that just before G.Birdsall died (rip) said ruski wrote into UFO inviting a team over to come and visit the area in Siberia 0 I also believe ruski claimed to only answer to the president (or one step below president) thus 'cementing' his credentials (sigh) Anyhoo,....I believe that this was in one ofthe last 5 or so editions. Sorry I can't be more precise, but evil ex binned all mags while I was at UNI. :cry:

im sure someone must have posted this before, but i searched and coundnt find anything, so please excuse if this topic already exists. does anyone have any thoughts on this article:
.nexusmagazine.com/articles/i ... tion1.html
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060615072447/http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/installation1.html

This story refers to the so-called Siberian Cauldrons:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/siberian-cauldrons.48937/

Back