• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Aww how cute! I've seen tomatoes with one 'pointy bit', but not two.

I always think the Moslems have an advantage over the other religions when it comes to 'messages' in fruit and veg, etc, 'cause the cursive Arabic writing is more easily imitated by nature than our Roman letters.

Carole

Okay, best place I can find for Simulacra is this thread, but even then this picture is kinda a reverse Simulacra. It's from an article about a man beating the world record for clothes pegs on his face :rolleyes:

But anyway, I saw this picture and my immediate thought was of the striking similarities between it and the Green Men/Jack in the Green carvings festooning churchs, pagan sites and other locations resplendant with old english folklore.

I could be severly wrong, and it's kinda irrelevant, but I had to point it out to someone. I guess it isn't really that worthy of comment but there it is anyway...

Here's a photo I took recently. I didn't think it was worth sending in properly, because (a) it's not amazingly interesting, and (b) I sense that most people are probably going to be bored by *another* "rock face". But there you go.

what exactly am i supposed to be seeing in the moutain? a gorilla? homer simpson?

synthwerk said:
what exactly am i supposed to be seeing in the moutain? a gorilla? homer simpson?

Here's what went on in my head:

Actually, to me the profile looks like Matt Groening's rendition of Richard Nixon to me, slightly pouty, high forhead and bushy eyebrows.

I think it looks like Jimmy Somerville.

(going down the hill, there's a tuft of vegetation for his hair, then a large, rounded forehead and then a little button nose).

Carole

The top half of the slope looks like that famous caricuture of Hitchcock to me...

Der-da-da-, da-da, da-der...:D

Yeah, pouty flat gorilla! Nice pic! (Or is it John Prescott?)

Faggus said:

It's "space monkeys", not "space monkey's". I win! :blah:

Oh, unless you meant a fly belonging to a space monkey.

oh, I get it now!

on a related note, all my sea monkeys died for no reason :(

do they even work? i thought it was a scam, you know

Heh, Faggus!!!! I know we talked about this in chat, but I (like so many others) had seamonkeys but they died. I kept them alive for over a year, and I was sooo proud when they had babies.

I loved them dearly. Just not enough to buy the pipette thing and clean out their water.

Darrenxyz said:
I loved them dearly. Just not enough to buy the pipette thing and clean out their water.

Agreed, why shell out for special cleaning equipment when you can just let them die and buy a new packet for 50p? ;)

OK, maybe that's being a bit harsh on the little things. (On another unrelated note: My cousin once ate some of their food, and I convinced him he'd eaten the eggs, which was fun.)

...or a rock

hey, what does a sea monkey look like up REALLY close?

They're shrimps, Faggus. That's what they'd look like.

i wonder if they make for a good seasoning...the sea monkeys, not the rocks. lol

Fireworks Images

I took some pics at a local firework show yesterday, and two have interesting-looking images in the smoke. Just tricks of the light, of course, but here they are!!!

Darrenxyz --
took some pics at a local firework show yesterday, and two have interesting-looking images in the smoke. Just tricks of the light, of course, but here they are!!!

The second one looks like Osama Bin Laden... or the devil! :rolleyes:

I used the "Simulacra Enhance" tool in Photoshop to make the image a bit clearer, with shocking results:

Dull book Simulacra

I recently borrowed a book from the school Library simply because, apparently, it had been kicking round since the early 70s and no one had taken it out. Its name is Photomicrographs of the non-flowering plant.
Anyhow, I came upon three Images in a row that entertain me quite a bit (dryopterys filix-mas) as they seem to show little men. Am I just being all too silly or do you see them too? BTW the .gif formatting has really fucked with the colours

Back