• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
DSC01568.JPG

An interesting tree at Petworth.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it resemble?

What do you see?

I spy, with my little eye....

[SPOILER="I see a descending koi fish in the middle, (dark dot is eye). I also see, diagonally up & to the right from the "eye", is a miniature bald head with a big mustache. "[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
An unhappy male figure with bird feet (gargoyle style) carrying a heavy beam on its head and almost collapsing under the load.

A venerable tree which - having tasted the fruit from the Human of Knowledge of Good and Evil - finds itself ashamed and is covering its nakedness.

I suppose now that I look at it again, I can see 2 figures waving their arms in the air - dancing?

Nobody sees the spooning? Is this one of those Rorschach tests?

Yes, yes ... But a spooned couple isn't all that funny a theory ... :evillaugh:

That one has been faked up to create a mirror image.
Duly noted that the 'Daily Mail' featured this in an article, reporting, "Meanwhile, photographer, Angel Febrero, captured a pair of trees in his native Spain that resemble spiders.

The manipulated symmetrical snaps were taken on the island of Extremadura, with the extended branches on either side much like the insect's legs as it preys on its victims".

I'm not sure what this means - were there two similar trees and what was 'manipulated'?

Well spotted though!

... The manipulated symmetrical snaps were taken on the island of Extremadura, with the extended branches on either side much like the insect's legs as it preys on its victims".

I'm not sure what this means - were there two similar trees and what was 'manipulated'? ...

No, there was only one tree, and you're seeing 2 copies of half of it.

You take any photo, and select a line (in this case, a vertical line) to serve as the axis of symmetry.

You delete everything else in the photo on the side of that line you don't want.

Copy the remainder, and reverse it (in this case, horizontally).

Paste the reversed partial image alongside the original partial image and carefully align them along the designated axis of symmetry.

No, there was only one tree, and you're seeing 2 copies of half of it.

You take any photo, and select a line (in this case, a vertical line) to serve as the axis of symmetry.

You delete everything else in the photo on the side of that line you don't want.

Copy the remainder, and reverse it (in this case, horizontally).

Paste the reversed partial image alongside the original partial image and carefully align them along the designated axis of symmetry.
I do not have a degree in physics, you know... OK, I think I get this. :nods:

Back