Simulacra

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
The sinister gods of the mineral water bottles.
Brilliant! I'm tempted to think too good to be true, simply because I wonder why they were photographing a dull scene of bottle-caps. :thought:

If they had just noticed the effect and taken a picture, I'm sure the lighting would have taken some arranging, at the very least!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Fish with human head. Might be old. Has it been posted already?
https://9gag.com/gag/abrVVjB
A very similar, if not the same, fish was reported with photos back in January 2005 (within this same Simulacra thread). In that case, the fish was in Chongju.

The photos and most instances of the news story are MIA, and the Wayback Machine hasn't archived any of the examples I tracked down.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
A very similar, if not the same, fish was reported with photos back in January 2005 (within this same Simulacra thread). In that case, the fish was in Chongju.

The photos and most instances of the news story are MIA, and the Wayback Machine hasn't archived any of the examples I tracked down.
Chongju, North Korea?
Or Cheongju, South Korea?

EnolaGaia

Staff member

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Here's a photo and some text from a 3rd party site (date unknown) that seems to match the 2005 story ...

In South Korea, two hybrid fish from a pond in a personal house in the town Chongju have developed patterns on their bodies that resemble the human face. The owner of the two fish said that their faces have begun to look more and more human over the last couple of years.
fish-with-human-face-video-images-xl.jpg

SOURCE: https://www.thegreenhead.com/2005/01/fish-with-human-face-video-images.php