• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I took this photo in Ribby Hall Village (holiday park place near Blackpool) in 2018. It shows me and my daughter, Freya. I always meant to send it in to the magazine but never got around to it. I promise this hasn’t been photoshopped or anything, this was a genuine tree within the park (although we visited again this year and it’s kinda fallen apart now).
You can clearly see an old man’s face, AND a big hand. It’s almost an Ent!
To me, it’s a druid and his hand, and what makes it all the more amazing (to me) is the fact I had an illustrator draw some promotional sketches for me to promote my new (at the time) book The Druid in which his hand is just like that (he did the drawing before I visited Ribby Hall and took this photo).

Obviously, the druid in my book illustration hasn't got a big bushy beard, but can you even get clean-shaven trees? :thought:

The Joker is lurking all around us...
kOBROTdTWWQQMucimm9wYY17-QXZMAZfydLCF4jCVAQ.jpg

https://v2.nl/events/museumnacht010-at-v2_-pareidolia

In the artwork Pareidolia* facial detection is applied to grains of sand from the island of Texel. A fully automated robot search engine examines grains of sand in situ. When the machine finds a face in one of the grains, the portrait is photographed and displayed on a large screen..

* Pareidolia is an illusion in which the observer perceives something recognisable in something it is not.

pareidolia01.jpgpareidolia02.jpgpareidolia03.jpgpareidolia04.jpgpareidolia05.jpg

Just remembered I had this photo that I took on a beach in Wales. I thought it looked a like a rhinoceros. My wife was deeply unimpressed when I ran back to her on the beach and showed her the picture.

Attachments

• 2BFC60B2-FA7D-44FC-B5AF-9708BBE835A4.jpeg
    2BFC60B2-FA7D-44FC-B5AF-9708BBE835A4.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 39
IMG_20200421_230807.jpg

It came from 9gag.

Back