• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
This picture is in the Guardian today and is of a book burning in Berlin in 1933.

I'm just wondering if other people see what I see. It's from Getty and I don't think it's edited. It freaks me out and I can't see anything else...

View attachment 42374
No...I'm hard pressed to see a representation of Satan in this image.

What I do see is an obscenity...but no devil.

This is one unhappy courgette - or zucchini if you're in the USA, Australia and presumably Italy...

No photoshop or cheating involved. I think a little bit of onion just attached itself.

IMG_3588 copy.jpg

Explosion at Bayer Leverkusen - do you see what I think to see?
1627498523490.png
Of course I meant the whole thing, but later a 9gagger found this detail:
Clipboard-1.jpg

Last edited:
Explosion at Bayer Leverkusen - do you see what I think to see?
View attachment 42769
Of course I meant the whole thing, but later a 9gagger found this detail:
View attachment 42770

To me, It resembles something vaguely sexual - which just goes to show that the mind and its perceptions are an odd thing at the best of times...Your perception will vary.

A wind-eroded calf in the mountains of the Sinai Peninsula, taken by me, last week.
Oddly enough, it is located only a five minute drive from the base of Mount Sinai, AKA Mount Moses, where apparently Moses received the Ten Commandments. ...
Anyway, what do you reckon? Worth submitting to the mag? Or is it ridiculously famous already and I just missed it?
This 'Golden Calf' simulacrum is known (famed?) enough to be listed among the attractions at the St. Catherine Monastery / Mount Sinai tourist site:
The Golden Calf
In Wadi el Dir, the short valley leading to the Monastery, you can see a rock formation what locals believe is the mould which was used to make the Golden Calf.
SOURCE: http://discoversinai.net/english/places-of-interest/st-catherine-and-mt-sinai

This is linked to a set of photos / slideshow of the golden calf simulacrum and its surroundings:

http://sinaitrekkingandsafari.com/photoarchive/index.php?/tags/517-golden_calf

Here's a pretty good cloudl simulacrum of a face witnessed on Oz.

Cloud-Face-NSW-2111.jpeg

NSW woman 'shocked' to see man's face in the clouds

When Shaquira Hobbs looked up to the sky on Sunday night, she couldn't believe her eyes.

In a serendipitous moment for the photographer, she saw a detailed formation of a man's face in the clouds from her backyard in the New South Wales suburb of Booragul, in Lake Macquarie. ...

"I was shocked, it had eyelids and everything." ...

Ms Hobbs said the formation of the man's face only lasted for about 30 seconds.
FULL STORY: https://www.9news.com.au/national/n...macquire/7a8e5b09-4897-4582-b384-fc725e9921ea

I just looked up Harry Potter mandrake toys.

They have an obvious plush texture / look. I think the pic is of a real plant .

I just looked up Harry Potter mandrake toys.
They have an obvious plush texture / look. I think the pic is of a real plant .

I think this is a crafted figurine. Pictures of this very specimen posted on Pinterest attribute it to Spanish doll artist Sandra Arteaga.

Similar figurines and instructions for how to make them can be found online.

Back