• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
With the wax properly buffed, dust won't stick easily.
Wax is better than varnish in that respect - if you applied varnish, dust might stick to it permanently if you're not careful.
Suggest Danish Oil - it's one of the finishes I prefer to use on woodcarvings, along with Beeswax, but although Beeswax is good when freshly applied, and polished up, it can dull-down after some time and become an attraction to dust, it has to be periodically re-buffed to keep it looking as good.

Suggest Danish Oil - it's one of the finishes I prefer to use on woodcarvings, along with Beeswax, but although Beeswax is good when freshly applied, and polished up, it can dull-down after some time and become an attraction to dust, it has to be periodically re-buffed to keep it looking as good.
Danish oil is a good suggestion, yes.

My mate got given this beetroot today

abeet001.jpg

abeet002.jpg

(on the off chance FT magazine fancy publishing these pics, it's highly unlikely she'd want any payment, she'd just like that they got in your magazine so I can send your details on to her)

Last edited:
Woman claims she was shocked to see her take away curry bore a resemblance to SHREK. Personally I can’t see it.

View attachment 59699

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/20047271/shrek-face-takeaway-chicken-green-curry/#
If it was a takeaway curry, then surely its shape is dependent on the way she turned it out onto the plate - ie, she may (consciously or unconsciously) have formed it that way herself. If it had been delivered to her on a plate that way - that would be a true simulacrum. I think when it's been tiddled with, it should be exempt.

If it was a takeaway curry, then surely its shape is dependent on the way she turned it out onto the plate - ie, she may (consciously or unconsciously) have formed it that way herself. If it had been delivered to her on a plate that way - that would be a true simulacrum. I think when it's been tiddled with, it should be exempt.
Quite right too . . . "Tiddled" indeed?

That Turin Kit Kat's excellent (unless it's shopped).
Yes, it's one of my favourites, but I do suspect shop; it's just that little bit too Turin-like, IMHO!

Edit; The angles also seem a little off now I'm looking at it more closely

Please could someone shrink these?
Taken in a weird old property in the beams and doors - the first reminds me of a man or owl.
The second a Cambrian sea creature (with eye).

View attachment 63493

View attachment 63494
Well, I say, I can certainly see these :chuckle:. Sorry, no help here. I'm crap at images and computery stuff.

I like the face in the first. The second, I see the sea creature and see the hole (I think it's a hole in the wood) as its eye, with the yellowier area above looking like a moon.

Back