• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

I know a guy from the All Seeing I (who happened to play on Britney Spear's 1st album, tho never met her)

I know a guy who was at a party and spent the evening with (and I know others who know) Jarvis Cocker, and Jarvis knows Michael Jackson (hahaha) and he knows Uri Gellar... Gellar in 3? good, eh? From Jackson - THE WORLD!!

I know a guy who was in a band with Russel Senior from Pulp.

My Mum used to know Peter Stringfellow vaguely

I know(ish) Phil (Human League) Oakey's son

I can get to the Bee Gees and Lulu through relations (yes, I'm kind of related to the Brothers Gibb, though marriage)

The woman who used to live in our house went to school with phil middlemiss, AKA Des Barbes from Coronation St

My mate recently played support for Super Furry Animals, and he's also played with Soulwax

I know a guy who used to manage Primal Scream

Me Bro has interviewed a few celebs and interesting people

I know Alicia (one of the finalists) off Channel4's Model Behaviour, and she met Huey from Fun Loving Criminals on the show

I must know pretty much every celebrity within a couple of steps!

JackSkellington said:
I can get to the Bee Gees and Lulu through relations
That sounds rather sinister... like you're planning to have them 'done away with'...

My present BF, when a callow youth of 18, took his 16 year old GF to a Status Quo gig, and she ran off backstage with the band...

Ooer, does all this remind anyone of those early 80s TV ads warning about AIDS, when they showed a couple in bed, and all the people SHE'D been with, and all the ones HE'D been with, all in one bed....?
I used to think there'd come a point where someone'd be unsure of which side of the bed to go to. Sort of, 'Are you bride's side or groom's?' but with a wholly sinister and macabre twist!

Think that's my bus outside ...

Hey Iggy, I know who your cousin is. Muahahahaha. Next time you see her give her a hug from me. And ask if she remembers me, I've left a few messages for her on the Bulletin Board.

Don't worry, I aint telling. :D

Actually that I've talked to her, isn't that showing the whole Six Degrees thing?

Anyway, tell her I would love to be "alone on a desert island" with her :)

My mum met, and shook hands with, Richard Branson when he landed his helicopter in the grounds of the restaurant she was head chef at, and made a sandwich for Willy somethingorother, famous snooker player.

I met Darth Vader when I was 4 at my local supermarket, and was scared shitless.

I shared a train carriage with Ricky Tomlinson last year, though didn't speak to him.

A bloke I used to work with snogged Clare Grogan at a party, and failed to remember her number.

My sister met failed boyband, Let Loose, and my auntie interviewed Peter Andre (yeuch!!) for Radio Trent.

I walked past Peter Davidson in London, and saw Bob 'Blockbusters' Holness on the same day.

My sisters ex-boyfriend upset Les Dennis in a restaurant, much to my sisters mortification.

My Ex-girlfriend knew Jarvis Cocker, and hated him.

My uncle met Paul Daniels, and my dad went out drinking with that bloke that played the singing detective (I think it was that bloke, it was definitely someone who played a detective on telly).

Some bloke I used to now, borrowed some money from a guy, who knew someone, who once worked for a company owned by Keyser Sozey.

Sorry, got carried away.

TB

Oh and I was once in the audience for a late night TV show for ITV called Late and Loud, a kind of debate thingy Hosted by Nicky Campbell. I had long hair a beard, and wore tartan trousers. Kate Copstick was on it too.

Aah, showbiz.....

rynner said:
Still can't, but he held (perhaps still does hold) a batting record of several hundred runs in one innings. (It wasn't 666 was it? - no, must be thinking of something else entirely there...)

Later: A bit of Googling reminded me that it was Brian Lara - details here

Ah, you mean the batsman who made the highest test innings and county innings in the entire history of cricket then.:cool:

And as for you, Escargot, SHAME! No amount of alcohol should be enough to get someone to .....urgh I can't even say it..:cross eye

I've just noticed most of my star-studded links are to various crap footballers. And I'm a Spurs fan. It all makes sense now

Hmmm. My dad...:
Was on first name terms with Richard Branson...
Flew the Spice Girls in his hot air balloon for their first TV interview...
Has a good friend (Ken McGrath, the Director) who not only was a good buddy of Peter Sellers (and the rest of the Goons) but has a son who is/was Dan The Soundman, one of whatisface - Ginger - TFI Friday - youknowwho - Chris Evan's clique.
Has a cousin, David Mckale, who is the tubby Coroner in ITV's "A Touch Of Frost".
...and traveled the Hip circles during the 60's.

I once told Danny Baker that his career would recover (I lied).

(scrapes barrel bottom)
My Uncle is Nigel Calder, Science Writer and once editor of New Scientist.
My cousin is Simon Calder, Travel Columnist for the Indipendent on Saturday...

I could continue but my brain is going "Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Niles "Showbiz" Calder

My bosses ex-girlfriend's brother played guitar in the band 'Balaam and the Angel' kind of Fortean, no?

My mate collects 'handshakes' he has shaken hands with people who have, through no more that 3 degrees of separation shaken hands with such as Nelson Mandela etc. As I have shaken hands with him, then I am within 4 degree of separation from Billy Connoly, Clive Sinclair, Chloda Rogers, Isla Blair, Keith Chegwin... the list goes on and on. (Mainly c-list celebs.)

And by association, you lot are within 5 degrees.

Just to let you know,my cousin did not have a major role in neighbours,was just someones friend or something(I never watch the show).

She did have a major role in the second series of the Aussie kids show Oceangirl though.

Oooh

I literally bumped into the guy who played Brian Tilsley from Corrie in the 80's. He was turning on the Xmas lights or somthing, he told me to "watch where I was f**king going". No wonder they killed him off - miserable little git!

Met David Icke at an Animal Rights festival, very charismatic.

Knew a girl whose boyfriends sister was going out with the bloke from Black, a pop duet from the 80's.

Met a guy at a party who had been shortlisted to go into space (can't remember which mission).

Spoke to Timothy Good on the phone about Alien Abduction (for a project, not a groupie!)

Ex husbands Auntie used to go out with the lead singer of The Sweet.

Worked with a girl whose Uncle in law (or some relation in law) was Roger Hargreaves son, writer of Mister Men.

Currently attend Uni with the great (great?) grandaughter of George Formby.

Wow, there's loads when you think about it!

My Aunt by marriage is the daughter of Clive Sinclair.

A friend of a friend caught the Backstreet Boys having a sneaky smoke in the hotel toilets where he worked.

My uncle was head chef at a Hotel on the island of Nevis, and served Princess Diana there.

My old headmaster wrote John Major's biography.

I once said good morning to Richard Branson (um, yeah).

I went to school with the son of the aide to the Sultan of Bruneigh (sp?)

My friend's father has met the Queen. Can't remember why, but the rest of the family laugh about it for some reason...

and finally, the same friend once climbed on stage with Fatboy Slim, helped him out with his "decks", and kept drinking his vodka when he wasn't looking :D

MY FATHER :
Went to school ( same class ) with Ray Brooks (Actor )
Knows John Michel , teaches famous people's kids eg Roosevelt's son , knows other people , dunno . Was on 'Woman's Hour '
Had a book published
MY MOTHER :
Went out with the ( insane artist ) grandson of the man who designed Central Park NY , could have gone out with Darth Vader ,
( apparently didn't 'cause he was geeky ) , met Acker Bilk .
My parent's best man was Tony Bullimore's friend .
My mother nearly got a cleaning job for Ranulf Feinnes' brother Twistleton .
My sister is a friend of Helen Chamberlain ( SKY2 sports )
Another sister nursed the man who played batman's butler .
Yet another sister lived in a flat formerly occupied by Ben Kingsly.
A neighbour went to acting school with Sean Bean

Oh , there is probably more butu I have my heating turned up too high and it is frying my brain ,
Marion

escargot said:
For goodness sake, you'll get the men going again!!!

Heh heh heh

Well, to equal things out, how about this:

My brother used to be an actor. He's even been in a Hollywood film. He's worked loads of really famous people, the most impressive (to me anyway) of whom are Colin Firth, Hugh Grant and...wait for it...Mike 'Runaround' Reid. He polished David Bowie's shoes once.

:cool:

I notice there's been several mentions of Richard Branson. I've met him, too. Blimey he gets about.

Iggy, you're forgetting to mention your cousin will also soon be "Coming to a cinema near you". She's done a cinema movie now which will be out in june this year. Since my calendar says december, something must be wrong.

Who was that actor... you know.... Lew... Stu...
Oh yes,
Hugh Grant
....... on the tip of my tongue!

Fame

My aunt used to go out with the brother of the man who banged the gong at the start of J Arthur Rank films.

I wish I'd made that up....

For myself, the best I can do is that I was once in the same taxi as Brian May - not, unfortunately, at the same time, though.

My gf will next semester be teachers assistant for Nicola Tesla's great niece. My brother-in-law's surname is Kepler and he's distantly descended from Johannes Kepler. And I've never ridden in a taxi.

My boyfriends uncle used to clean Alec Guiness's windows.
My ex boyfriend once stood at the urinal next to Robet Powell
I sat in Maureen Lipmans hat.
I've been round Alan Ayckbourn's house for tea.
I once shared a cake with Bill Treacher ( Arthur in Eastenders)
Tracey Shaw from Corrie made me a cup of tea when we were at the same drama school.
A friend of mine is the son of one of the regular cast of the "Carry on Films" and is also good friends with Peter Davidson (Who btw goes on the Dr Who message board under an assumed name!)
I used to share a flat with the son of John (?) Colicos who was in Battlestar Galactica and The Wrath of Khan.

And of course I was through the Arched window in Playschool!

Xanatic,can you let us know who you think my cousin is?I really don't mind if you post her name,I'm just dying to know if your right.Thanks.

!!!!!

I used to work with a bloke who went to a dinner party where Henry Kissenger was one of the other guests. So that connects us with just about everyone in politics.

My Mum trained to be a nurse with a woman who was later a Playschool presenter.

My girlfriend's mate sh***ed Lee Sharpe of Man United.

An ex girlfriend of mine once claimed to have sh***ed Lenny Kravitz.

Once made coffee for a woman who was married to a bloke who used to be married to Marilyn.

Anna Friel and Michelle Williams filmed a scene of Me Without You outside my building.

My Dad went to school with George Melly and Peregrine Worsthorne

My Mum's got a bookcase which used to belong to Geoffrey Howe's wife

George Best signed my autograph book in the BankOE social club when I was about 8. If autographs count then ditto Colin Cowdrey, Kevin Keegan, John Inman and Arthur English!

The two best ones I can't tell (because I'd have to kill you all)!

ADDITION

Oh yes. I used to vaguely know a bloke who was Aleistar Crowley's nephew. And we often see Norman Wisdom around and about because he lives near us.

'Fraid so. It happened. I wuh thur. Sithy, si this enjun, ah bilt this missen from't scrap yerd. It wer nowt but lumpser scrap befow I rebilt it...

Lard said:
'Fraid so. It happened. I wuh thur. Sithy, si this enjun, ah bilt this missen from't scrap yerd. It wer nowt but lumpser scrap befow I rebilt it...
Any of our American cousins understand this, if so could you explain it to me.:p

p.younger said:
Any of our American cousins understand this, if so could you explain it to me.:p

I imagine the Americans are even more confused than you, PY - that was a rendition of Dibnah-speak! A Northern (not Yorkie, not Geordie) accent...

PS:
I lived in Bognor when Tony Hancock made the Punch and Judy man there, and was going to try for a part as an Extra, but when I got to the place there was a queue a mile long so I didn't bother... Hmmm, I don't suppose that's within six degrees, is it?

I think this is getting a bit tenuous... Either it's "know" someone or "Have met" someone... if it's "have met" I believe it! Most of us seem to be linked in a couple of steps. No doubt some of us *could* have met before (whether we remember or not is a different matter tho)... In fact that thoughts beginning to scare me :eek:

Oh, and I live very near Bobby Knutt (who???)

My mate's inside the cover of the first Travis album (the guy holding the cine camera if u want to try and spot him)

A very famous poet used to regularly visit my uncle, but I forget who! (some guy who was at Hull University)

My godmother had lunch once with Patrick Stewart - when he had hair!

One of my sister's friends, who I know well, is related to the girl who played Zoe in Coronation St

My mum met Acker Bilk, Frankie Vaughn, Cliff Richard etc in the 60s...

It IS getting tenuous...

Back