• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

Alright Iggy, if you don't mind. Though I thought the "alone on a desert island" showed it. Your cousin is Lauren Hewett, who I think could compete with Kylie for best aussie babe.

My great grandfather was the brother of the Danish PM. I think that is about the closest I get to a good celebrity link. And standing next to Camilla Martin in an airport, she is the world champion in Badminton. Oh, and I was in the paper once. Sitting on a table in a diaper, that was a long time ago, don't worry.

Just remembered a few more!

My mums friend went out with Paul McCartney

My ex G/F's dad used to teach Carole Vorderman maths

umm, there were a few more but I forgot em :eek:

A very famous poet used to regularly visit my uncle, but I forget who! (some guy who was at Hull University)

Possibly Philip Larkin. I think that he was a librarian at the University library in Hull for many years.

Oh, I forgot:

My dad has tripped over Gordon Brown.

I've met Supergran!!!!! Yus!!!!!!

I've not only met Sir Alec Rose, I have also skippered his boat, 'Lively Lady', a few times.

I came round the corner of Mill Lane in Cambridge a few years ago & there was Steven Hawkins, with electric wheel chair & nurse crossing the road & heading across the Cam.

If my brakes had been bad he might have ended up publishing a few less books!!!! :eek:

Ph, wow, you lot are all DEAD FAMOUS!!!

My little lot looks quite pathetic in comparison.

I've stood next to Eric Sykes in a London pub.

My husband has been in the loo in Jersey airport at the same time as Gary Lineker (and G Lineker didn't wash his hands afterwards, so don't let him offer you any Walker's Crisps!)

The Queen Mother has waved at me.

My brother in law has played cricket with Hugh Grant

My husband's friend used to be in Chris Rea's backing group.

My husband has also seen Poly Styrene of X Ray Spex backstage in the nude (not a pretty sight, he told me)

My mother used to work in Marks & Spencer and has served George Chisholm (jazz trombonist)

My dad knew Brian Clough.

And - my piece de resistance - I had my photo in the paper when I was 3, with Terry Hall and Lenny the Lion (and I was TERRIFIED)

Carole

No carole, you've got it wrong.

I would have been infamous if I'd run Prof. Hawkins over!!!

BUT he would have been the one who was dead!!!:D

my friend onece did a prank fone call on Charlotte Church does that count? i also saw Little John from Robbin Hood Prince of thieves on the tube he complain to us cos we had to get transfered and linford christe now livesi n my town and one of my great grans was cook to lord kitchener and even greater gran was burnt at the stake as a witch

oh i was interviewed on the news once and i could list a lot more

if you look at it its a lot more than just 6 links

Your cousin is Lauren Hewett
Wow,your right.I just find it surprising cause over here she's not very well known.Wouldn't even call her a celebrity.Well I'll be...

HEY!Thats my cousin your talking about there.Show some respect.:eek!!!!:

Oh come on, she is "cwoarr". I remember when I first saw that b/w picture of her. I hadn't seen her that age before, only as a 13 year old or so. I almost choked on my cola :)

The reasons I know her is because I have been watching the OG series. And then watched some of the other movies she's made cos she was in them. Nothing obsessive, just for fun.

Eeeek

Today I've been nursing someone whose son-in-law's sister's husband worked with Dr Shipman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Iggy...erm... does this mean you have periodic access to her underwear drawer....?

Don't be greedy, Capt B, you already have Kylie's knickers!

Carole

JackSkellington said:
My mum met Acker Bilk, Frankie Vaughn, Cliff Richard etc in the 60s...

It IS getting tenuous...

There you go , my Mother knew Acker Bilk too , when she was a teenager in the early 60s , she said he always wore a horrible greasy hat and was really lecherous . They both went to the same club .

Edit - horrible feeling it was Adge Cutler who was the lecherous greasy hatted one - she knew both . Sorry Acker !

More stuff -my Mother was in a skiffle group that was judged by Jim Dale in a Competition at the Coulston Hall, Bristol . She lost ( she claims she was the only person who could play )

A good friend of a good friend was having a crap day - the final straw came when he was battling through the tube crowds at rush hour and Mr Blobby appeared on the escalator , the foaf gave him a good punch in his pink spotty gut and carried on his way - it was on the news that night , Mr Blobby attacked by mystery assailant ! Cool ,
Marion

Just thought of two more, under the sub-heading: Sailing - people I have raced against:-

Ted Heath

Admiral Woodward (of Falklands War fame)
(Click here for Reviews of his book about it, on Amazon.)

I've met a few famous folks personally, but the only "six degrees" I can think of off the top of my head are:

Brad Pitt used to play basketball with my boss--they were neighbors in school.

Squeakie Fromm, who was the girlfriend of Charles Manson and tried to assassinate Gerald Ford, stayed a few days at a commune my mother's girlfriend lived at back in the hippie days.

Now, that's just creepy!

For UK celebs, I'd have to ask my sister whom she or her husband have met. She used to work for a charity in London as a PR person, so I think she's met at least a couple. I was always like, "Tell Rik Mayall hi for me," because he was about the only non-007 or -Star Wars celebrity from the UK I'd heard of at that point.

rynner said:
Sailing - people I have raced against:-

Ted Heath

Err... my boss at work used to 'drive' the IOW ferry and almost squashed Ted Heath and Morning Cloud. Steam gives way to sail unless steam is undertaking a hazardous manouevre and sail is pissing about in the water and skippered by a drunk...

I've met Alan Cummings (goldeneye, bernard and the genie, Flintstones viva rock vegas) a not vey well known actor, at a London music festival.

My friend from high school met Britney Spears who told him to stop staring at her breasts before going on to explain that the were '100%' real. thankyouverymuch.

My mate from college met a very drunk Dawn French in Blackpool.
(i was so jealous cause i love her)

and....

I nearly tripped John Major up in a museum in Bradford :blah:
that was fun!

simonsmith------------------

The two best ones I can't tell (because I'd have to kill you all)!
TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL etc

Lockhart said:
My mate from college met a very drunk Dawn French in Blackpool.
(i was so jealous cause i love her)
I've never met DF, but had an interesting DF-related synchronicity one time: walking down a street, I saw, some distance ahead of me, a woman calling at a house. Gettting no reply to her knock, she bent down and peered through the letterbox, which reminded me of something I'd recently seen DF do in a sketch...

The woman gave up and walked off, but when I passed that particular house I noticed it was called 'Dawn'!

TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL etc

Sorry but I really can't. I'd probably had a drink when I wrote the original post. My failing. Shouldn't have added that bit. It was stupid of me. Please forget that I did.

I know a man who was babysat for by Lucille Ball. He disliked her,said she spanked hard. Of course that had to have been a very long time ago. Maybe she reformed.

Hahaha, Simonsmith, I wish I could threaten you with a Lucille Ball spanking for holding out on us!

My ex-husband's university vacation job colleague had a mate who worked on Robert Plant's Range Rover. This mate pinched a home-made walking stick out of Planty's car which ended up at my house. Years later, for a laugh, I wrote to Planty offering it back, and was rewarded with a lovely letter saying I could keep it.
My kids used it as a prop in various vigorous play activities and it ended up in bits. Fun while it lasted!

Back