• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

We're practically cousins. :lol:

Zilch5 said:
Anyone done six degrees to Adolf Hitler yet?

In a previous post I had counted four, but I found recently that I was even closer to Adolf : one of my best friends had an uncle who was a competitor at the 1936 Winter Olympic Games at Garmisch-Partenkischen, as a biathlete. There, with a group of other competitors, he was officially welcomed by the Führer.

six degrees

Creepy one.. my Gran once saw a couple dancing with some children on Saddleworth moor as they drove past in their car.

Creepy one.. my Gran once saw a couple dancing with some children on Saddleworth moor as they drove past in their car.

:shock:

escargot1 said:

:shock:

My mum told me that one.

Also by accident may have shared a house with someone on internation wanted iist. In ther mid eighties. My mum used to have foreign students stay with us whilst they studied english at a local school. We had this german guy stay. Nice enough bit aloof. Forbid my mum going in his room. Being a nosey teenager i had a look and found. A upper bridge set of teeth still in packaging Seem a bit strange. He loved allo allo which was plain wierd.

He moved from our house at short notice.

Roll on a couple of years and he turns up after being in ireland for a visit. Couple of more years my mum gets a visit at work from mi5 type people. Asking loads of questions. Basically the gist was he was not the man you thought he was and you will never see again.

We did have photos of the german student but he demanded we cut him out of the pics.

Someone I chat to online has a cousin who is currently directing Arnold Schwarzenegger in a zombie fillum. :D

Whilst in France Vanessa Feltz daughter Allegra stayed at my place of work and got a bit flirtatious (Females just love my accent) much to the dismay of the girl I was with.

I once took a phone order from Sky Sports pundit Mark Robson. and I knew it was him from his voice.

My Dad went to school with Nigel Worthington, former footballer, now manager.

I saw a famous (I'm saying this as I think he has done movie scores in, well, movies and I'm sure he has awards) DJ/Dance musician from N. Ireland, punch a party goer as he kept demanding he play Jetplane Landing. I'm sure there is a photo online somewhere, if I could get his name. + Found him. David Holmes. Photo:

http://fastfude.org/topic.php?id=16183

There are other pics taking the piss outta this incident, but the links are massive long. If you're interested just google.

My Ma knows Chris Baird's (Reading defender) Ma.

And half the old boys in my town have met Liam Neeson.

A couple of Techy's colleagues were on the plane that bounced off the runway at Birmingham Airport.
The flight was redirected to Luton. Nobody was allowed off and everyone was about 12 hours late getting home!

Plane Bounce

Passengers were well looked after though. Advisers spoke to each one to tell them what was going on.

Rather tenuous - Another colleague of his was ski-ing off-piste in the same area where Schumacher had his accident, just the day before.

Schumacher accident site

escargot1 said:
Someone I chat to online has a cousin who is currently directing Arnold Schwarzenegger in a zombie fillum. :D

Who ever could that be..............................?

The film's called 'Maggie'?

:lol:

I'm sooo discreet. 8)

Thatcher rising with an army of walking dead tories

That was her last governme…

Oh, stuff it. I still despise her too much to even bother making a feeble joke about her. :lol:

I know someone who is giving away his old telly on Freecycle to a former Hollyoaks actress. :lol:

After attending his DJ set at a small club, I had a few after-hours drinks with Eddie Piller of Acid Jazz Records (he started the label with ex-Radio1 Gilles Peterson, so that's a world of debauchery just 2 degrees away). In the same club, shortly afterwards, my then-best mate spent half the night playing pool with an on-the-cusp-of-fame Snow Patrol. He invited me that night too, but I was ill :(

Pfft, I recently chatted with the best pal of Yvette Fielding, and heard how psychic an' all that she is.

escargot1 said:
Pfft, I recently chatted with the best pal of Yvette Fielding, and heard how psychic an' all that she is.

Don't leave us hanging! ... how psychic is Yvette Fielding? :lol:

Pfft, Swifty, why are you bothering to wonder about Yvette's psychic talents when you've been nearly pee'd on by a proper famous person? :lol:

escargot1 said:
Pfft, Swifty, why are you bothering to wonder about Yvette's psychic talents when you've been nearly pee'd on by a proper famous person? :lol:

You're right, and this time I wouldn't have had to pay them! :p

My ex-girlfriend's great Grandma used to double date with axe murderer Lizzie Borden.

My other ex-girlfriend's Grandma was in the Guinness Book Of Records for having the most children born in Britain ..... and yes, I did use precautions

My Grandma went on a couple of dates with Will Hay

I declare today Grandma Day !

Swifty said:
escargot1 said:

You're right, and this time I wouldn't have had to pay them! :p

Erm...did I miss something? Swifty, this doesn't have anything to do with Rolf Harris, does it? :shock:

Yes, Swifty, out with it! :lol:

This was in 91 at Burton on Trent town hall. We were the only students there, it was all grannies and little kids otherwise. I sang in our band, The Rosemary Bevan Fan club and we were all a bit pissed up. We were a deliberately shit comedy band and played with two other bands, Fat Moggy and Spacious Anus. I know it was '91 cos my mate Rob (the one holding his Rolf album to be signed) is wearing a 'Sample it, Loop it, Fuck it and Eat it' Pop Will Eat Itself T-Shirt. We all loved Pop Will Eat Itself :D ...... I bumped into Rolf early on in the evening as I was walking into the gents as he was walking out and he said "Gday" .... Rob said if I'd been a bit faster I could have had a pee next to Rolf, nodded downwards at my old fella and said "Can you tell what it is yet?"

Sorry about the late reply, I've been locked out of the forum for over a week ..

Swifty said:
...nodded downwards at my old fella and said "Can you tell what it is yet?"

What did he mean by that? :confused:

Mythopoeika said:
Swifty said:
...nodded downwards at my old fella and said "Can you tell what it is yet?"
What did he mean by that? :confused:
It was one of Rolf's catchphrases, used when speed-painting.

Back