• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sky Trumpets (Mystery Sounds; Skyquakes)

I've read that the reports from Canada were real - at least, some of them are supposed to be - apparently the police received many reports of the strange noises in those areas.

ETA - I forget which regions of Canada, but I think it was B.C. and Saskatchewan.

I've read that the reports from Canada were real - at least, some of them are supposed to be - apparently the police received many reports of the strange noises in those areas.

ETA - I forget which regions of Canada, but I think it was B.C. and Saskatchewan.

Yes, they may well have been real noises but most likely with very simple explanations. Not trumpets of Doom.

Australian researchers have imaged magnetic plasma tubes that do exist and extend into the ionosphere and the plasmasphere.

https://www.sciencealert.com/australian-student-confirms-that-giant-plasma-tubes-are-floating-above-earth?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed: sciencealert-latestnews (ScienceAlert-Latest)

Could the Jerusalem ring cloud be the end of one of these tubes? The video shows what could be ionized plasma clouds being drawn into the center.

(Defunct YouTube Link: ZzuElo1vk0o)

Here's a substitute video of the 'Jerusalem ring' phenomenon reported back in 2016.

The cloud is accompanied by typical sky trumpet noise. Why should these phenomena suddenly appear? It seems that the Earth's magnetic poles have recently become unstable.

https://www.sciencealert.com/new-st...eld-is-weakening-more-rapidly-than-we-thought

Could this be the cause of these recent phenomena?

Last edited by a moderator:
That video is not credible. It's animated computer graphics. The sounds are almost certainly added as well. Many of the sky trumpet noises were copied from a possibly manufactured video from Kiev in 2011. Those same noises were copied to other videos after that to make it appear to be a "worldwide phenomenon". But there were not hundreds of people recording each event. Only one dude, it seemed, "caught" it on camera. Copycat hoaxes abounded to see how many hits they could get on YouTube. The sounds appeared to have been generated from either the movie Red State or War of the Worlds. Also, many strange sounds that were legitimately recorded were from various industrial or mechanical sources - factories, scraping pavement, stuck train wheels, etc. The hype was directly correlated with the lead up to the Mayan "Apocalypse" of 2012. There were no reported similar sounds before this according to Corliss' catalog of anomalies (Earthquakes, Tides, Unidentified Sounds and Other Related Phenomena). But there are strange natural sounds that are a bit mysterious. Booms are also a huge thing today. There are new reports every week. Some goofy "scientist" attempted to explain these sounds by acoustic gravity waves. That was a fail.

There is no evidence that these sounds are related to atmospheric anomalies except in the case of normal sounds amplified or reflected from clouds or temperature inversions. Trumpets of the Apocalypse are a bust.

That would be a conspiracy way more far-fetched than mere plasma tubes. When you look at the video, you see "clouds" looking very much like the aurora borealis being drawn to the center. And, what is a trumpet but a tube? There have been major changes in the Earth's magnetic field lately, certainly a phenomenon, I would think, that could well be responsible.

The earth’s magnetic field slowly varies in strength and orientation over time spans on the order of tens of thousands of years. It is currently waning in strength. There is some evidence that relatively sudden reversals have occurred in the past (over the course of decades) but it’s anyone’s guess whether that’s going to happen in the near term. In brief, the magnetic field is doing what it has always done.

I find these sky trumpet videos interesting but am wary of the notion that they could well be hoaxed. The Jerusalem Ring looks like it would have been a very impressive sight, and occurring over a large city must have been witnessed by thousands. Does anyone know if it was mentioned by mainstream news media?

... The Jerusalem Ring looks like it would have been a very impressive sight, and occurring over a large city must have been witnessed by thousands. Does anyone know if it was mentioned by mainstream news media?

According to this online account:

https://www.hoaxorfact.com/paranorm...-fire-and-air-trumpets-in-sky-video-hoax.html

... the 'Jerusalem Sky Ring' phenomenon allegedly occurred circa 1 October 2016. The story seems to have disseminated originally in the form of YouTube video(s) starting during the first week of October 2016. The earliest specifiable such videos have since disappeared from YouTube.

I've only found one Web location:

http://www.the-wise-shall-understand.com/trumpets-in-the-sky/

... which hosts the video and is dated earlier than October 2016. I assume this October 2016 video was added later and doesn't really represent a pre-2016 appearance of the video / story.

Strange Sounds in the Sky, Halton, UK

Another video of Strange Sounds from the Sky in Halton, UK on the 23rd of August 2012. From the comments, we learn that these Strange Sounds were heard by different people in the same area. Definitely not a hoax!

The video recorded the last three bursts of this strange sounds. The sounds are facinating write the recorder. The movie was recorded near ICI (metallurgy company) so it could be from them but the recorder has never heard anything like this before in all his time living there.

I know what the sounds are...
the North & South poles are rusty, hence the noises. :loopy:

(edited to tidy up a bit or 2)

Last edited:
However, the microphone in this particular study also heard strange sounds that repeat a few times per hour. Their source has yet to be identified. The sounds were recorded in the infrasound range, meaning they were at frequencies of 20 hertz (Hz) and lower, well below the range of the human ear. “There are mysterious infrasound signals that occur a few times per hour on some flights, but the source of these is completely unknown,” Daniel Bowman of Sandia National Laboratories said in a statement.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marg.../model-this-upper-atmospheric-infrasound.html

Back