• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sleeping Arrangements

kesavaross

Justified & Ancient
Off topic I know and apologies.

Having had several disaterous relationships with women including one years ago who took everything and left me homeless with nothing, I now at 64 am happy and single and it will stay that way. The thought of a relationship with a woman that means I give up what I want to do, no thanks. No disrespect to any females on here. I sure there may be some who feel the same way about men. I am not now going to take take the chance.

Like now, I only sleep maybe 5 or at most 6 hours. Being Sunday tomorrow I stay up late because I don't want to be waking up at 4 or 5 am. The last lady I was with some 15 years ago was insistent I went to bed with her at around 11pm. She slept 8 or 9 hours or more. I had to lie in bed awake each morning for over 3 or 4 hours in case I woke her by getting up. I am, or was, really useless at relationships. The real problem was being male, my willy dictated so much. Not so as I get older.

If I was to meet someone who I thought this is the lady for me, unlikely now, as I am happy as I am, single, then it would be this is how I live, take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Off topic I know and apologies.

Having had several disaterous relationships with women including one who took everything and left me homeless with nothing, I now at 64 am happy and single and it will stay that way. The thought of a relationship with a woman that means I give up what I want to do, no thanks. No disrespect to any females on here. I sure there may be some who feel the same way about men. I am not now going to take take the chance.

Like now, I only sleep maybe 5 or at most 6 hours. Being Sunday tomorrow I stay up late because I don't want to be waking up at 4 or 5 am. The last lady I was with some 15 years ago was insistent I went to bed with her at around 11pm. She slept 8 or 9 hours or more. I had to lie in bed awake each morning for over 3 or 4 hours in case I woke her by getting up.

If I was to meet someone who I thought this is the lady for me, unlikely now, as I am happy as I am, single, then it would be this is how I live, take it or leave it.
Me and the Mrs sleep in separate bedrooms. We have different work shifts, different sleep patterns, one of us might snore and keep the other one awake sometimes, one of us might need to go for a pee and wake the other one up, she likes to fall asleep with the TV on and I can't, I steal the duvet when I'm asleep apparently and sometimes talk in my sleep (She was laughing about it but one night I said "The Polish police are coming to pinch me!" ...

So we sleep in separate rooms for all those reasons, no relationship breakdown reasons, we just don't want to mess up each others sleep .... and I don't like those hot summer nights when you'd both wake up glued to each other ..

Well @kesavaross I'd formed the impression of you as someone who was reasonably contented with your life but I'd pictured you as being nearer to 44 than 64. :) I didn't feel you were being disrespectful to women, as you say it works both ways. Living on my own I do feel lonely at times but then I think of all the advantages so I know where you are coming from. At 72 I think it's highly unlikely that I'll meet a new partner but if I did I'd insist that we lived in seperate homes!

Me and the Mrs sleep in separate bedrooms. We have different work shifts, different sleep patterns, one of us might snore and keep the other one awake sometimes, one of us might need to go for a pee and wake the other one up, she likes to fall asleep with the TV on and I can't, I steal the duvet when I'm asleep apparently and sometimes talk in my sleep (She was laughing about it but one night I said "The Polish police are coming to pinch me!" ...

So we sleep in separate rooms for all those reasons, no relationship breakdown reasons, we just don't want to mess up each others sleep .... and I don't like those hot summer nights when you'd both wake up glued to each other ..
That’s exactly what me and my wife do. We’ve been sleeping in separate rooms for about ten years now due snoring,duvet theft and both ending up not having a good nights sleep. We both have the dogs every other night.
We are both very independent people and do stuff without each other fairly regularly. We’ve both said that in an ideal world we would have our own houses next door to each other.

I live alone but have bunk beds (from childhood) in the spare room in case siblings need to sleep over. I changed the bedding at Xmas and was so tired I crawled in. First time I'd slept in the room, 45 years since I'd slept in the bunk-bed. It was like being on holiday at an Airbnb.

It's downright inconsiderate. A girlfriend, or us lot? No contest. I suppose he could have both, although in my experience, talking about @Swifty whilst getting jiggy with a partner doesn't usually go down too well. (I have found, however, that mentioning @gordonrutter does wonders in the bedroom department).

Exactly, I can't tell you the amount of women I have turned down so that I could properly devote time to this forum.

That’s exactly what me and my wife do. We’ve been sleeping in separate rooms for about ten years now due snoring,duvet theft and both ending up not having a good nights sleep. We both have the dogs every other night.
We are both very independent people and do stuff without each other fairly regularly. We’ve both said that in an ideal world we would have our own houses next door to each other.
Why is it that when I read your posts, this image came to mind?
2h4o.gif

There's some complicated maths going on with our sleeping arrangements.

Two adult humans and (70% of the time) a small furry quadruped on one large bed. The combined weight is around 180 kilos.

However, the furry quadruped, despite constituting only around 3% of the total weight occupies approximately 35% of the available area. Mrs N, who constitutes around 35% of the weight occupies around 40% of the area, and me, 62% of the overall weight is left with 25%.

Odd.

Two adult humans and (70% of the time) a small furry quadruped on one large bed. The combined weight is around 180 kilos.

However, the furry quadruped, despite constituting only around 3% of the total weight occupies approximately 35% of the available area. Mrs N, who constitutes around 35% of the weight occupies around 40% of the area, and me, 62% of the overall weight is left with 25%.

Odd.
Sounds about right. If I were you, I would, er, be aware of trends. You may end up being squeezed out of the bed entirely. :)

Odd.
Heh. I will never share a bed with a quadruped. Nope.

Heh. I will never share a bed with a quadruped. Nope.
That's what I always said and when me and my then partner got a dog it was on the strict condition that it wasn't even allowed in the bedroom!

Our one year old cairn terrier cried the first night ... oh so pitifully .. that I agreed his bed could be moved into our room until he was settled in. Well that went well. A thunderstorm happened a few nights later and he'd jumped onto the bed and well you couldn't turn him off poor little mite could you? So that was that.

Crafty little bugger I realised a few months later during a day time thunderstorm that he wasn't scared of them at all!

This post is in loving memory of Archie the cairn terrier. :)

Odd.
At least you only had one furry quadruped. At peak canine we had four of them. They do keep you warm though.

As regards snoring and other disturbances, you know that little promise 'for better or worse' ?

Most women (and men I suppose?) when they're snoring next to you, you can just gently hold their nose and it stops them snoring. The Mrs has got this weird and 100% not put on thing where she'll physically strike someone before she's even woken up if they get in her face and shock her into waking up. She got me once and her ex told me she actually punched him once lol .. she genuinely doesn't know what she's doing so I have to stand a distance away if I'm forced to wake her up. :cool:

Back