• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Slime in the throat

Ringo

I like to not get involved in these matters
I have literally just heard this and I'm posting to ask if anyone else has heard this before. A FOAF was suffering from a sore throat and was coughing up lots of green slime. He went to the doctor and was examined. The doctor prescribed some form of tablet and when the guy asked what was wrong the doctor started saying that it was a form of infection and when the guy pressed further the doctor said in was an infestation of pubic lice!!

It turns out that this guy had met a girl in a bar, had a night of fun and games and had at some point consumed enough of these lice to establish a colony in his throat!

So, 1. Is it even possible to cultivate and hatch pubic lice in the throat?
and 2. Eeeeeeuuuwwww!!!

Nothing constructive to add, apart from Eeeeeeuuuwwww!!!Eeeeeeuuuwwww!!! Eeeeeeuuuwwww!!!

Is it even possible to cultivate and hatch pubic lice in the throat?

I shouldn't think the throat would be the kind of environment that they would be able to live in.

There's the possibilty that your friend did indeed pick up pubic lice and he could have also picked up something else in his sojourn into the netherworld. Perhaps thrush and by the time the story has got to you it's been elaborated on or confused ;)

This I never knew... I thought it was a UL, crabs in the eyes etc.. (It's probably been mentioned on here before but it's worth repeating)

Although pubic lice appear to prefer the pubic area, they can also thrive on the eyelashes. In young children, pubic lice may be a cause of blepharitis (an eye infection) and their eyelashes should be examined with a high-powered magnifying glass for evidence of lice.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 000841.htm

I mean, how gross is it to have public lice but in your eyes as well!!!

I thought that they lived on dry skin so the throat would be too damp for them. This poor guy is being talked about all up and down the street where we work. Bless his little infested cotton socks!

I remember in my first year or so at Uni someone told me the story about the women who was hit in the eye with a male strippers thing and went on to develop crabs in the eye.

Its the closest I've come to an actual UL as the guy claimed the girl was at a Chippendales show with his sister which surely should have made it easy enough for him to verify.

Interestingly Snopes dismisses the claim it is a relatively recent invention:

www.snopes.com/weddings/horrors/louse.asp

appearing in a 1993 compilation. The story I heard was from a year or so before that and I suppose it must have oriignated with the high profile of the Chippendales and the dodgy British versions in the late eighties. I suppose it is possible a defensive thing - all these guy's girl friends are off watching them but they have crabs (and probably all sorts of other nasties ) so the jokes on them!!

Worst one along the lines of the first one is this:

www.snopes.com/risque/juvenile/corpse.htm

I friend of mine in Montreal did get crabs in the eyes. A stripper simply... stuck is face in her netherland region, and when he came back, he brought something foul and vile in the real world, which nested in his eye, and caused an infection.
I should know, I was with him at the time.

Iggore said:
I friend of mine in Montreal did get crabs in the eyes. A stripper simply... stuck is face in her netherland region, and when he came back, he brought something foul and vile in the real world, which nested in his eye, and caused an infection.
I should know, I was with him at the time.

One would imagine that, this side of the Reeperbahn, strippers would tend to be depilated everywhere.

When I read the title 'Slime in the throat' I immeadietly thought of oral sex as some Aussies use the word 'slime' for male ejaculate.
Turns out I was nearly right!

Back