• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Small Children's Unexpectedly Effective Actions

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I couldn't locate a thread on remarkably responsible / effective acts performed by small children, so I'm inaugurating one with this story ...
4-year-old twins free selves, climb to safety after crash

Washington state authorities say 4-year-old twins freed themselves from their car seats and climbed an embankment seeking help following a car crash that killed their father.

KING-TV reported 47-year-old Corey Simmons of Langley died when the vehicle with his daughters in the backseat crashed on Whidbey Island around 6 p.m. Friday.

Family members say the girls climbed about 200 feet (61 meters) up to the road after the accident 34 miles (55 kilometers) north of Seattle.

Authorities say Simmons was not wearing a seatbelt when the car crashed into trees and went down the embankment.

Police say the girls were transported to a hospital with minor injuries after an unidentified woman passing in her car went back to help and called 911.

Authorities say the accident is under investigation.
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/72a3b9104e624fe29a87cb2d654daae0

These two young brothers proved remarkably effective in dealing with a major WTF situation.
Two young boys steered their car to safety after their father was fatally shot while driving

A pair of young brothers had to take control of their SUV and steer themselves to safety when their dad was fatally shot Friday night while driving on a Texas freeway.

Their father, a 29-year-old man, had been driving a Toyota Sequoia on Interstate 10 in Houston with his sons, ages 8 and 6, when he was shot just before 11 p.m., Houston Police Department (HPD) Public Information Officer John Cannon told CNN.

The victim's sons then steered the SUV off the freeway to a strip mall parking lot where one of the children got out of the car and ran to get help, Cannon said.

Their father was pronounced dead at the scene and both boys were unharmed, he added.
Police are looking for the shooter and investigating a motive while piecing together what led to the fatal shooting.

"We don't know if it was targeting or road rage," Cannon said, adding that it may have been something else. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/us/texas-boys-steer-car-dad-shot-killed/index.html

This story's remarkable because the kid involved is only 2 years old.
Toddler uses mom's phone to order 31 cheeseburgers delivered

A Texas mother learned a lesson about leaving her phone unlocked when her 2-year-old son used DoorDash to order 31 cheeseburgers from McDonald's.

Kelsey Golden of Ricardo said she was working on her computer when her 2-year-old son, Barrett, got a hold of her unlocked phone and managed to use the DoorDash app to order McDonald's delivery. ...

Golden said she was unaware of her son's actions until a delivery driver arrived at her door with 31 cheeseburgers.

"I didn't know what to do with them, he only ate half of one," Golden told KRIS-TV. "So I posted on a community page on Facebook here in Kingsville and asked if anybody wanted some."

Golden's Facebook post sparked local interest and some neighbors dropped by for free burgers. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/0...-phone-orders-31-cheeseburgers/6661652819615/

Back