• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Smallville

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I noticed we don't have a Smallville thread, which might be because I'm the only one here still watching it, but here goes...

Anyone see the season 8 finale? It was on E4 tonight. Threatened to get into some very heavy territory (did DC allow them to kill that character off?!) but was a bit of a letdown. It's the show that will never end, as we'll find out if Tom Welling will don the suit in a few months' time (although I think he'll look a bit of a berk in it, quite unlike Christopher Reeve).

The best thing about the whole series is Erica Durance as Lois Lane, she has really shone this season and any episode with her in it is worthwhile. I might be so bold as to say she's one of the best Lois Lanes ever... maybe THE best?

I got up to the end of season 6 on DVD and haven't bought the last couple yet.

From what I've read, isn't it a bit downhill from there? Apparently Clark went up against Doomsday as a whippersnapper recently?!?!....

unclebo77 said:
I got up to the end of season 6 on DVD and haven't bought the last couple yet.

From what I've read, isn't it a bit downhill from there? Apparently Clark went up against Doomsday as a whippersnapper recently?!?!....

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but Doomsday is one of the major characters in season 8. To be honest, I enjoy Smallville more now than when it started, but it's not one of my all time favourites. Erica is the best reason to watch, I think, an episode without Lois is a waste.

Anyone see Smallville on E4 last night? At last, it was the Scottish episode, where Clark and Lois visited a Highland-themed bed and breakfast and were forced to match wits with that most famous of Scottish monsters, that's right, the banshee.

Oops, that's Irish. Pity The Krankies were unavailable, really. We did get to see Lois's latest outfit, though, which had a Caledonian theme, little kilt and everything. So there was that.

Season 9 finale on E4 last night, that was a much better cliffhanger. If that wasn't the Kandorians attacking Green Arrow, who was it? Who was the knitting woman in the hospital with Tess? Will Supes survive the fall? Will Lois fulfil her dream of turning into sci-fi TV's Barbie doll? She's worse than Roger on American Dad.

I know the final season has started in the USA, but we don't get that in the UK until next year, by which time I'll have forgotten what the cliffhangers were. But I do grudgingly enjoy this, and will be a little sorry to see it go.

Last ever Smallville on E4 (UK) tonight! I've seen every episode, hard to believe that it's lasted the best part of ten years, but all good things must come to an end. Well, it wasn't always good, but I'm intrigued to see how it all ties up.

And that was that. About as good as could have been expected, pretty good fun (although Tess would disagree - she got a raw deal in the last two seasons!). Nice to see Supes in the suit, although not quite enough, as if they were a bit embarrassed.

And Lex came back for the finale (what was Michael Rosenbaum doing in the meantime, anyway?!). Pleased that Green Arrow managed to keep his shirt on for once, though it must have taken supreme effort.

Can hardly believe it lasted so long, but it was worth it for Erica Durance, a great Lois Lane.

Back