• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Smilies, Emojis & Emoticons: Issues

If feasible, should the previous FTMB emoticon set be carried over into the new installation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tell that to my utter terror reaction to em, besides i would never kill em, i has a special thingy that catches em and i place them back outside :D Then they run round and sneak back in

Any chance for a "devil" smiley? ...

I'm fond of this animated chuckling devil ...

evil.gif

OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif
OQB8iU.gif

(Always wanted to try that, never got around to it til now.)

Tell that to my utter terror reaction to em, besides i would never kill em, i has a special thingy that catches em and i place them back outside :D Then they run round and sneak back in

Fair enough. Yes they are like dogs in that respect - good homing instincts.

More uploaded - some as suggested, have replaced some of the proprietary ones with better versions. Will do more in due course if needed.

And no, have not changed my mind about additional colour schemes.

As many of you know, we lost half of our smileys owing to Photobucket's sudden policy of shutting down free 3rd party hosting.

A solution, however has been found by Mythopoeika. All I need people to do is to upload any smilies they'd like to see on the board as an attachment to a post on this thread (not 3rd party, please - d/l them to your own PC first then upload as an attachment.). Please make sure they're actually smiley sized and not bloody great gifs. I can then link them over to the smiley cache round the back.

So smiley away, folks!

Good man sir! Once we've fifteen or twenty I'll do them in batches.

Try not to duplicate too much. On the old version we had about 25 just for laughing. It was too many.

Do you want me to re-post the ones I uploaded to the PhotoBucket Cash Grab thread a few minutes ago?

No, it's ok - can grab them from there. Will do some later this afternoon.

loadwho.gif

By all means you can take this, if you want it.

Something odd seems to have just happened to all its colleagues at my archival crypt forum, so it may as well end up somewhere.

I suppose I currently have only three that might serve a purpose.

highfivesmilie.gif
badumtshsmilie.gif
alesmilie.gif

That last one is a bit niche, depending on how many on FTMB enjoy a bottle of Dog. I haven't made any smilies recently, but if anyone's got any ideas, I could give them ago when time allows.

Back