So, What Have You Been Doing Today ?

INT21

Antediluvian
Hi all,

As we have threads on what we have been eating, and what we were doing five minutes ago, I though 'how about a more general one. particularly aimed at old duffers like my self who have a lot of spare time.

INT21.

Ps, Don't worry about the files I am creating on each of you; it's just a hobby.;)

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Just woke up, actually. Then I'll be working all day, then going home.

INT21

Antediluvian
Ah yes, the time zone thing.

I spent a good part of the day putting my car back together after having stripped a lot of the front end off to carry out some welding repairs, prior to the test. The early evening was used up trying to work out how to repair the power steering pump (an electric one) on the same car. Now I'm here, but not for long as it is nearly time to go watch some news and read a bit more depressing Russian literature. Is there any other kind ?

INT21.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Sugar-soap, bleach, glass-cleaner . . .

I am ever-more reluctant to tackle the horrid, Daddy-jobs around the house. Yet I can just about do them, when I try.

The overdue cleaning of the bay window occupied an hour or so. I feel better for having done it, though the finger-tips of my right hand are a bit dried-out from bleach-exposure.

Black mould smells of mushrooms, though not any sort you would want to eat. I can see that I really need to remove a bookcase to get at the blackened wallpaper behind.

Still, sugar-soap, followed by bleach is powerful magic. I hope it may have a feng shui effect. :rolleyes:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I went to a car boot, had a cob from that well known place i cant remember the name of, it was bloody horrid, came back home, pigged out, watched Person of Interest and came on here

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Just woke up, actually. Then I'll be working all day, then going home.
I woke up half an hour late for work today. Luckily I never do that normally and the Mrs sped me to work in the car .. I arrived 9 minutes after I woke up so the boss just laughed. I washed my face in the work bathroom.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Lolling around, correcting the Intermong for far too long. After lunch, shame at my idleness forced me to walk to the gym for a decent two-hour workout.

l have just returned from the above, and am once again slumped on the bed, ceiling fan on, reverting to normal operating temperature.

maximus otter

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Trying to unpack/recover/tidy up from a weekend away before and after work--only did seven hours today, mind you, so I can't complain.

Other than that, marshalling Miss Yith for bath-time / reading practice / bedtime as her mother is out with some old friends.

Expecting her to roll in shortly, but a burgeoning cold means she likely won't have been a 'big night out' (three drinks and red cheeks).

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
Today I have been paralysed into doing not very much at all because of how much I have to do. I've got mountains of stuff to get through - some of it fun and creative but some of it just downright tedious, experimental and unquantifiable. I don't know where to begin. I have one seriously heavy job to do - a project that will take weeks to finish. I have no way of knowing if the weeks worth of work will bear fruit or not until the work has been done. On top of that, my injured finger is almost back in working order so my long list of "new house" jobs is lurking in the background, ready to pounce. Just like a Submarine Wolfpack at the edge of the ice...waiting...

Shady

Sounds like you are overly busy dear, hope you find time to do the jobs, but also find time for yourself, do not run yourself into the ground, ok

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
Thanks Shady. I've had a very long summer break (in which we moved house) and so today was really a day for taking stock of where I am in my work schedule. The answer is "floundering hopelessly". But coffee and biscuits will keep my end up... WOOF!

Tempest63

Ephemeral Spectre
Spent a couple of hours in day therapies having infliximab administered to hold the Crohn’s at bay. Bit of a shit as I spent yesterday (yes Sunday) having an MRI scan in the same hospital.
I’m getting a little tired of hospitals at the moment.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Returned from my Mum's. Visited her over the weekend to pick her up from hospital.
She's had a hysterectomy and needed me to be her carer.
She's doing quite well, although she is still experiencing pain (only to be expected after such a radical op).
I had to get back home, got to get back to work tomorrow.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
We've been test driving cars all day as it's time for a new one. Also, trying to stay warm as it's bloody windy & cold here today.

Shady

Gotta have a meeting sometime next week to see what the results are once all the info is in, including today's, Diazepam is useless, gas a little better

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Slow day at the office.....mostly cking the email and sending frames back to vendors to get newer stock.

INT21

Antediluvian
All day on the car again. Booking the test tomorrow. I'll be glad when it is done. Getting boring. Maybe tedious is a better word.
Then hopefully something more interesting will present itself.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Gotta have a meeting sometime next week to see what the results are once all the info is in, including today's, Diazepam is useless, gas a little better
Good luck Shady - I'm sure it'll be better than your fears.

Shady

Thank you, sometimes its the waiting that drives you mad

James_H

Working too much.

Further to some stuff I've talked about the terrible lot in life of Hong Kong maids: I was tutoring today and reached for the notebook I use with the student, instead picked up the notebook in which the maid is forced to write lines as a punishment. 1000 times, numbered: 'i will not violate ma'am's orders'. :(.

James_H

That should be under WTF, poor maid :(
Yeah. I've posted stuff on the thread for it: maids get a terrible deal in places like HK, Singapore, Malaysia - no rights, no legal recourse, and if they break contract they have to leave within the week. So it's a situation ripe for abuse.