• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

So Who Is Stronger: Jesus Or Thor?

I imagine that Thor would have quite a similar fighting style to Astaroth in the Soul Calibur series. Powerful, but quite slow, and vulnerable to close range attacks. I imagine Jesus would be most like Mitsurugi, who is annoyingly difficult to beat because he is a strong all-rounder.

Thor's best tactic would be to use lots of throw moves and not to power up unless there is plenty of distance between him and Jesus. He'd also be well advised to choose an arena with a ring-out as he has quite an effective 'pushing' kind of move, which can send an opponent flying over the edge into the fiery lava of oblivion.

Or then again, maybe Jesus is more like Maxi, in which case he'll just run around the arena like a headless chicken while harmlessly waving his nunchucks around in random patterns.

Let us not forget the Jesus power of Bilocation. Like Superman's effective technique when fighting the three outlaws from Krypton in his Fortress of Solitude.

jimv1 said:
Let us not forget the Jesus power of Bilocation. Like Superman's effective technique when fighting the three outlaws from Krypton in his Fortress of Solitude.
But let's not also forget that Thor is a god so he'll probably have the same bilocation powers, as well as any other deitic powers, as Jesus.
This fight must really be decided on physical strength as any powers they use would cancel each other out, and a knockout as both would be immortal and impossible to kill.

remember that the norse gods could represent for different skills between them - jesus has to do it all.

I come not in peace, but with a sword.

But can Jesus 'do it all'? I've seen no biblical evidence that suggests he can strike down people with thunderbolts, as Thor is reputed to be able to do.

I don't feel we ever really settled this.

Thor. Jesus never even tried to lift Mjolnir.
Thread closed.

Thor. Jesus never even tried to lift Mjolnir.
Thread closed.
It is now
1355b3532a37ced6ac8d2560a618c39d.jpg

So who is the strongest - Jesus or Thor?

Thor son of Odin, Who's mother is the Earth itself, the only god strong enough to wield the mighty hammer and able to bring storms and rain, able to lift the Midgard serpent on his own and whose anger can level mountains. Fun fact, the Pagan Scandinavians used to call Jesus the "white Christ", the christians at the time thought white=pure, they were calling him a coward because he had all this power and did nothing with it, the phrase is where we get the phrase lily livered from...

No no no. The fact that Jesus survived the crucifixion would indicate that it didn't kill him in the first place, nothing miraculous there, ordinary mortal people survive cricifixion and recover all the time as a way of paying homage to Jesus, without any mutant healing powers. The fact that he passed out after only three hours just means that physicaly, he was a wimp.
One lightning bolt from Thor and he'll be back at his dad's side looking for another virgin to be born from. I think that would at least count as a knockout.

Huh, poison Thor with wine? Thor? The guy who regularly quaffs with the rest of the Asgardians in the halls of Valhalla?
It'd probably be more dangerous to turn all the alcohol in his body into blood.

He was also able to drain the giants never ending mead horn dry

In fact, in the story of Thor's fishing trip, he punches a giant that hard he creates a fjord from the force.

Okay, I think I'm done being all Pagan now

Jesus, obviously. Because he is himself, his Dad (with a capital D) and the Holy Spirit at the same time. And I'm a Christian so Jesus is the ultimate geezer. He could probably get a bit tasty with a chisel as well.

But to settle this once and for all...

index.jpg

Back