• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Sobbing child poltergeist' forces family to flee home

ted_bloody_maul

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A poltergeist that has forced a terrified Carlisle family to flee their home is to be 'cleansed' by a vicar. Spooky happenings prompted Allison Marshall, 27, to bundle her family out of the house in Mardale Road, Raffles, in the middle of the night.

Carlisle Housing Association, which owns the property, has now arranged for a priest to step in and end the family's nightmare.

Allison and children Rebecca, three, Emily, four, Shannon, seven, and Aaron, eight, enduring a series of bizarre happenings at the house that has been her home for four years.

She and her children are now staying with her mother Lesley Whitewick, 46.

The drama began last week with a catalogue of inexplicable happenings, which included household objects hurtling around the room and sudden and unexplained drops in the temperature in the house.

They continued with the mysterious appearance of a skull image in a picture frame in a glass display cabinet and disturbing noises in the dead of night, including a child sobbing.

A family friend called in a clairvoyant, who claimed he saw the image of a child in a dressing gown. Allison said: 'I don't really want to leave the house so it would be better if they could do something to sort it out and get this thing out of my house. If they can't get rid of it I'll have to move.' 24dash.com has contacted Carlisle Housing Association for a statement regarding Allison Marshall's experience and currently awaits a response.

http://www.24dash.com/socialhousing/27496.htm

Is there a photo of the "skull image" anywhere online? I suppose a recording of the sobbing ghost would be too much to ask.

Excellent stuff.
What with ebay, Most Haunted, Ghost Tours etc.. isn't there good money to be made out a polt these days?

A similar story here:

Spirited away: How 'poltergeist who scrawled on window' forced a family to flee... and even freaked out ghostbusters
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:45 AM on 16th April 2011

A family has been forced to flee their home after they became terrified by a poltergeist.
Even paranormal investigators were 'freaked out' by the activities that included the discovery of the word 'move' written onto a window at the house in Hull, East Yorkshire.
For Emma Keeitch, 31, and her family, the writing in condensation was the final straw and they left the house soon after.

The poltergeist echoes a case last week when the mother of 11-year-old Ellie Manning videoed a poltergeist opening a wardrobe door and moving a chair across a room.

Experts were called in to see what could be done at Miss Keeitch's house, but one of them became so scared that he was going to be attacked by a spirit that he also bolted from the house.
Now the family has been told that they will need to employ the services of an exorcist to rid the house of its spooks.

Paranormal psychic Steve Kneeshaw said: 'I have done many investigations but this is the worst one yet - it even freaked me out.
'It was a very intense evening and some of what happened was totally bizarre.

Emma and her boyfriend, Jamie Owen, 25, left their home with their four-month-old daughter Pheobie after waking up and seeing the message on their bedroom window.
She claimed that poltergeists had switched on stereos, spun pictures that were hung on walls and even threw a plank of wood into a bin.
She said: 'I've never believed in ghosts and always been very skeptical. But what has happened to us is too much - we just can't stay here any longer.
'We have tried to explain it away. You can blame the electrics or a draft for some things but not everything.

One of the investigators, Kellie Taylor, said that she was slapped across the face by one of the spirits causing her to flee.
As they continued to look around the house a television remote was thrown across the room and bedding moved by itself.

In his report on the events Elliot Ainley said: 'The house is definitely haunted and has poltergeist activity. There are two spirits haunting the house - that of a mother and that of a baby.
'The mother spirit seems particularly angry, probably at the way she died, which is why objects are being thrown about.

'We decided to do some glass divination, during which Kellie had her face seemingly lightly slapped by a spirit hand.
'Through this we determined that there were two spirits - a mother and baby and the names "Rachel" and "Sarah" also became apparent.
'They appear to have both died quickly and tragically. The master bedroom proved to be a very active area. All three of us were in this room calling out for the spirit when I had a TV remote control thrown across the room at me.'

A retired Church of England clergyman, Reverend Tom Willis, has now been called in and is expected to carry out an exorcism next week.
He said: 'The first thing you need to do is diagnose what is causing it then I simply bless the house and pray what is there is removed.
'Hauntings are usually lonely spirits that have refused to move on.
'I don't get scared by this as I'm not actually that psychic and haven't seen an apparition in 50 years.
'What I do brings relief to both the spirit and those bothered by it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1JfuvKrIS

We decided to do some glass divination, during which Kellie had her face seemingly lightly slapped by a spirit hand.

Funny but I find that idea perfectly convincing.

"Paranormal psychic Steve Kneeshaw" ...Paranormal psychic... when i see those words i reach for my beer bottle.. ;)

titch said:
...Paranormal psychic... when i see those words i reach for my beer bottle.. ;)

As opposed to those normal psychics you mean?

Whenever these stories appear in the papers, I always wonder whether they want to be re-housed. If this stuff is happening, why haven't they photographed/video'd it for the media?

Back