• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Soft Drinks (Soda, Pop, Carbonated Beverages, Etc.)

I occasionally like a glass of the old ginger beer and a while ago I used to by a 2 litre bottle from Sainsburys. The beauty also being that once opened it stays fizzy for much longer than other carbonated drinks.
But, one ingredient was sunflower oil, which was a bit off putting.

I occasionally like a glass of the old ginger beer and a while ago I used to by a 2 litre bottle from Sainsburys. The beauty also being that once opened it stays fizzy for much longer than other carbonated drinks.
But, one ingredient was sunflower oil, which was a bit off putting.
Strangely I can't stand anything to do with the taste of ginger - in fact it makes me slightly gip even when I think about it. Must be to do with childhood trauma or summat. I've been addicted to Coke for decades, but gradually now weaning myself off it. (hence all the shaking and manic episodes:chuckle:)

Recently, a cold drink called Coca-Cola And Coffee showed up on the market here. Made of just what the label says. I tried one that a friend gave me and had a hard time finishing it; it tasted like slighty flat Coca-Cola, a little thicker than normal, with extra sweetening and no discernable coffee taste. I won't be buying any myself.

Back