• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Somerset UFO footage

I remember seeing that some years ago. I think it's safe to say it's not what it purports to be or what we might like it to be.

One of those involved in the filming, Rod Dickinson, is an artist whose work on creating crop circles is well-known. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Dickinson and this review of 'Trickster', an article about him in the Oxford Art Journal in 1999: https://www.jstor.org/stable/1360684?seq=1

Hmm.. That's too bad. That does put significant doubt into the footage now. It usually doesn't pay to look at relatively new footage, unfortunately. Hoaxes and misinterpretation make a difficult subject far more difficult. Thing is the vast majority of UFO sightings and reports are misidentified conventional objects / phenomena, or hoaxes, and perhaps 4% are legitimate unknowns (unless you are a skeptic). Of the photographs and videos arising from these --even fewer are probably unknowns. Usually a waste of time to look at new footage --if 1% or less are unknowns. Real UFO sightings are relatively rare. Actually hoaxers make me angry; if they care about the subject and people knowing about it --all they do is damage the credibility of the subject. Worse, deliberate disinformation is easy to spread as the subject is so controversial, that many would be worried for their reputations to just discuss it. There is also a significant portion of the population that doesn't want to know about it--it frightens them. Some religious folks are frightened by it, and see it as demonic. I don't think the general public is ready for the big disclosure announcement (and many wouldn't believe it anyway, seeing it as a false flag event). All I have to do is read the news to see that folks aren't ready. Perhaps the course the governments have been taking is best, after all. The phenomenon will reveal itself in its own time, we are not in control of it.

Last edited:
I dont believe that.

People adapt too quickly to the `New Normal`

What evidence have you for this?

I dont believe that.

People adapt too quickly to the `New Normal`

What evidence have you for this?
Well, I don't want to get political or disrespect religious beliefs, but folks believe all kinds of disinformation about all kinds of things, all of the time. One of the Reasons Elizondo and others defected from the Pentagon program is that people in positions of power believed UFOs were a demonic manifestation. Other folks refuse to believe scientific evidence for on a variety of topics. Academics and scientists would never believe it unless they were able to test things for themselves, and that's not going to happen. Just look at how controversial vaccines, or global warming, or even the Greek Dark Age is. When UFOs were flying around in the '40s we were basically trying to shoot them down for being in "our" airspace. We have an amazing amount of human exceptionalism we are completely accustomed to. Even in old accounts we are trying to shoot at them --that's what we do. We can barely get along here in the US --with other humans. There would be no agreement, it would destabilize the current Mexican standoff, etc. etc. I know people who don't want to know more about UFOs --who have seen them. I have offered old UFO articles to an associate watching Arrival, and they didn't want to see them or know any more about the subject --it scared them. It sounds innocent enough but contact with alien devices is not something we are ready for. You can even see it in animal reactions around UFOs --they are scared to death of them.

Well, I don't want to get political or disrespect religious beliefs, but folks believe all kinds of disinformation about all kinds of things, all of the time. One of the Reasons Elizondo and others defected from the Pentagon program is that people in positions of power believed UFOs were a demonic manifestation. Other folks refuse to believe scientific evidence for on a variety of topics. Academics and scientists would never believe it unless they were able to test things for themselves, and that's not going to happen. Just look at how controversial vaccines, or global warming, or even the Greek Dark Age is. When UFOs were flying around in the '40s we were basically trying to shoot them down for being in "our" airspace. We have an amazing amount of human exceptionalism we are completely accustomed to. Even in old accounts we are trying to shoot at them --that's what we do. We can barely get along here in the US --with other humans. There would be no agreement, it would destabilize the current Mexican standoff, etc. etc. I know people who don't want to know more about UFOs --who have seen them. I have offered old UFO articles to an associate watching Arrival, and they didn't want to see them or know any more about the subject --it scared them. It sounds innocent enough but contact with alien devices is not something we are ready for. You can even see it in animal reactions around UFOs --they are scared to death of them.

Long on speculation. Short on fact.

Some could, some couldn't, I believe, but I think I would be kinda scared and excited at the same time, very mixed emotions, and of course there will always be the ones that want to impose their views on you, no matter what, its the way of the world

If we are being visited it's been going on a long time and they don't seem to
have done us a lot of damage so treated in a friendly manner why should they start now.

If reports are to be believed we have taken pot shots at them from time to time so surely they can be forgiven for getting a tiny bit snotty.

Back