• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Somnio - Indie SF film seeks final post-production funding

SeeMoreSF

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Travis Milloy, the creator of Pandorum, starring Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster, seeks your support to complete post production for a low-budget, feature length sci-fi thriller called Somnio.

Teaser:

Filming all complete, now seeking post production funds via a Kickstarter campaign to complete the movie. Funds will be used for musical score, sound design, color correction, ADR, mixing, film festival promotion and marketing.

Film Story

One man is held captive in a futuristic, automated prison, kept alive by a computerized jailer. His only means of psychological escape is to live in an imaginary world with the woman he loves. He suspects a catastrophic event has occurred to the outside world and he is forced to outsmart a security computer in order to escape back to a world and a woman that may already be gone.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1253988732/somnio-the-movie

(I'm not Travis but I'm involved in the film!)

He's selling something, there are rates for advertising if you're selling something.

IMHO it's spammier than a pair of slippers made out of spam.

He's selling something, there are rates for advertising if you're selling something.

IMHO it's spammier than a pair of slippers made out of spam.

Its a fund it though. Theres no subterfuge attached.

I didn't mean to post anything inappropriate. I looked at the description of this board and felt it covered subjects like this.

I don't think its spam. There are many posts in the Announcements Forum which are advertising events which have an entry fee.

I put up a notice last night for a Summer School.

Quite. What are announcements for events, book releases, products and so on, if not advertising - or spam, by Heckler20's definition?

Well, for the record, I would have considered this spam if you hadn't responded so quickly. It mostly has to do with you being a new member and this is your first post, but yes, the crowdfunding aspect is there too.

I'm delighted to say that the $10,000 funding target was reached with nearly two weeks to spare. I don't know if anybody on this forum contributed, but if you did my thanks go to you, and I really hope you enjoy the film when it eventually comes out!

Last edited:
Was the renaming because there was a film called Somnus, which could create some confusion?

Back