• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sorrat filmed experiments

zevon7

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi Guys, I am a visual artist and am currently researching for a new body of work relating to the SORRAT group. I have tried unsuccessfully to get a copy of the films. does anyone know where i may be able to purchase a copy? I have contacted a company mentioned in William Cox's book about SORRAT which were selling dvd and vhs copies but it seems to be out of business. I am currently at a standstill as I have done a lot of research on this subject and the films are a integral part of the SORRAT experiments and my work so any help would be great. thanks
www.andrewkenny.net

You will probably have seen this blog page about the group:

Felix Circle Blogspot

I'm always struck by the characteristic rounded E which the written notes use; Cox used a similar form.

The other pages on that blog contain some rare photos of ectoplasmic manifestations - including a 1965 colour picture from Brazil! More weird than convincing, perhaps. A full study of the Faces of Belmez is promised!

I can find only stills from the Sorrat films online, though there are some larger than usual pictures of the mini-lab in this German-language PDF:

German PDF File

Thanks James, yea I had seen that blog alright and its very interesting, i had contacted the felix group because they mentioned at the end of that article that they had the films but unfortunatly havent heard back yet.

thanks for the link to the german pdf, i believe that to be an article from the unexplained magazine from the late 80s? which those mini labs are the british version which i havent researched much about yet, itd be interesting to compare the two minilab experiments though. :)

Back