• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

South America video of "entity"

smoothvirus

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I found this on a "viral video" site. There's no background information given as to where this video came from.

Being a skeptic I have to assume this is some kind of a fake, but it's a pretty good fake so it's worth posting. ;)

As for the "entity" all I can say is, it sort of looks like Gollum from the LOTR films.

http://www.yikers.com/video_strange_ent ... orest.html

anyone have any details on the background story for this?

Sorry to say I could see absolutely bugger all. At what I guess was the critical moment, the screen filled with multi-coloured static. Anyone have any more luck?

I think I see a guy with short hair and glasses turning around to face the camera. And I would venture to say that he's taking a dump and that's why he seems furtive.

Kinda creepy, but most definitely human. Reminds me of this Rubber Johnny music video, which is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. I really didn't need to see that just before toddling off to bed :p

Do monsters crap in the wood?

Reminds me of a an incident that happened to my best friend.

He and his lady friend of the time were up by Lake Bala and she was dying for a wee so nipped into the pushes. She was just in mid-stream when she heard a strange noise. Looking over her shoulder she was suprised to see a minitaure train emerge from the trees behind her with a lot of surpised looking kids on board.

it does look a bit like gollum, but so poor it could be anything, no real idea of scale either. As its released onto a very suspect site, id say its a fake.

1 standard video camera
1 powerful light source
go to the countryside with a friend
you can make better then this!

maybe watch blair witch first for a few ideas too!

RealPaZZa said:
it does look a bit like gollum, but so poor it could be anything, no real idea of scale either. As its released onto a very suspect site, id say its a fake.

1 standard video camera
1 powerful light source
go to the countryside with a friend
you can make better then this!

maybe watch blair witch first for a few ideas too!

I don't see the resemblance. And I don't see anything creepy about this video. Is there a place where I can dowload it to check it frame by frame?

Re: Do monsters crap in the wood?

Mighty_Emperor said:

He and his lady friend of the time were up by Lake Bala and she was dying for a wee so nipped into the pushes. She was just in mid-stream when she heard a strange noise. Looking over her shoulder she was suprised to see a minitaure train emerge from the trees behind her with a lot of surpised looking kids on board.

LOL - I know that railway really well.

Maybe she was the origin of the Beast of Bala legend? :shock:

As for the entity video, I think it's a well-made fake - always found this kind of filming very scary ever since seeing the Legend of Boggy Creek when I was a kid. It doesn't show anything particularly supernatural any way, does it?

I suppose the kids were surprised because they weren't expecting a tunnel......sorry sorry i couldn't resist i'll get me coat.....

The 'entity' appears about 50 seconds in. Clearly fake :roll:

Re: Do monsters crap in the wood?

Fats_Tuesday said:
Mighty_Emperor said:

LOL - I know that railway really well.

Maybe she was the origin of the Beast of Bala legend? :shock:

She was quite.... unusual so it is always possible.

Mum: So explain again what you saw Jimmy.

Jimmy: Well mother it was like a humn but the hair colour was wrong and it was all hunched over and when it saw us it turned birght red.

can someone do a screenie of it or an exact time on the videos time display. I cant see bugger all, but might be the enormouse amount of floresent light shining on my screen

It's the thing with the shining reflective eyes right at the end, correct? I saw what looked like odd shaped trees and other somewhat gollum-like shapes before that, but they looked again like tree bases.

pintquaff said:
can someone do a screenie of it or an exact time on the videos time display. I cant see bugger all, but might be the enormouse amount of floresent light shining on my screen
That's at least two of us who can see nothing - I've turned the brightness up, messed with the contrast, but nowt. I second the request for a screenshot, although if it's just a picture of Emps' best friend's young lady relieving herself near Bala, I'm prepared to give it a miss!

I am trying to screen shot it but all my screen shots are blank :shock: I can see a skeletal creature crouching from 47 seconds to 53 seconds when it looks up at the camera and it's eyes shine like a cats.

Tsk. All I can see is a pair of faint eyes reflecting poor light.

Better. Much better. Still looks a fake though.

That's one of the problems with photos/videos of Fortean stuff. If they look too good then they're suspected as fake. If they look too poor, then they are suspected as fake.

A half-man half-frog thing. Soon we'll all be using them as butlers.

Yea, i see glasses on a bald guy too.
/shrug

ginoide said:
...a bald guy with glasses?

That's exactly what I see too. The guy looks like me, bald, with some beard fuss and glasses. I don't se anything remotely monstrous about him.

Looks like the sort of thing that would scare the pants off a ten year old. Bit like those ghost photos my students keep sending to each other. Anyone speak Spanish or Portugese?

Back