• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

South USA mysterious insects?

A

Anonymous

A while ago I saw on either the show sightings or another paranormal based show about a man in Either New Mexico or Ariziona who was video taping strange very fast insect size objects flying either through the air or into the ground.The film crew tested his films and found nothing faked.Does anyone remember this.Ive not seen it in any FT issue

Sounds like Rods to me. There are a few threads on the subject. Search for the word RODS. :)

Yep, that's what they were. I forget his name, Emelio something I thought. I'd like to say Emelio Estavez, but I know that's not it. Sometimes they go by "Roswell Rods," not due to any extraterrestrial affilition but because they were discovered in the skies over Roswell. I've also heard them called "Skyfish."

The first time I saw these was on a show a few years ago hosted either by Billy Dee Williams or the guy who played Kramer's lawyer on Seinfeld. I happened to photograph a rod just the other day, as a matter of fact, but since half my pictures have orbs in them I didn't give it much consideration.

Back