• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Space Selfie' Gear Crash-Lands In Michigan Family's Yard

James_H

And I like to roam the land
https://nbc25news.com/news/local/mid-michigan-family-shocked-to-find

SAGINAW COUNTY, Mich - Nancy Welke said she heard something crash onto her property on the Saginaw and Gratiot County line around 8:45 this morning.

Gratiot County 911 confirms they are investigating.

Welke says when she went outside she found a device that appeared to be from outer space.

Welke said the device was still making noise.

The device had the wording "Samsung Space Selfie" on it.

This is one of those stories that makes me feel we really living in the most bizarre of timelines.

These are videos here of two completely-different supposed Samsung 'Selfie Satellites'. The device crashed on the ground is utterly-unconvincing, and I'm going to go with either blatant corporate publicity, or unofficial fan-base /claim-chaser hoaxery.

There is no way the FAA would approve of something designed like this to be taken up into the Earth's high atmosphere.This is a model homage to what an archetypical communications satellite might look like (crossed, for good measure and no good reason, pseudo-lunar lander legs).
Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-25-24.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-25-49.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-26-01.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-26-26.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-26-32.png

Whereas, conversely, the other footage of a much-lighter plastifoam-rubber built flattened conical container, suspended from a large meteorological-style balloon: that imagery I can believe in (at least for now)

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-22-44.png
Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-21-36.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-21-10.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-20-40.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-20-28.png

Note that the above are all just screen-shots, taken (with extreme difficulty) from the very-unhelpful / inferentially-edited self-parody video(s) linked to above.

Whilst remembering one of my key imagery analysis maxims ('the presence of convincing brief footage of prosaic proxies is still no proof of actual instances of any real reality') and I mean irrespective of whether there was a narrative continuity style akin to that of the film director Blair Witch Project OR a multi-angle static documentary stock footage with on-screen timecode: only real things are real.

So something here doesn't add-up (or possibly any of it).

But I'll bite the bait, and accept *for now* that the sub >500ms insultingly-edited footage of the rubber discoid is of an actual device. Whilst the 'lunar lander' is just bunkum...(I particularly like the furniture-grade foam chunks, the Samsung 'licence plate', and the aero(un)dynamic solar panels....)

ps EDIT....a further thought. In my second set of screenshots, second picture down. Of the convincing 'real' device. Just exactly how, physically, did that camera angle happen? Because right now, I'll maybe go with CGI eg Blender, before I'd believe in a deployed 'selfie-stick' camera boom, holding a phone

Last edited:
So if this is real (which I'm still not convinced of, especially the crashed version): how would such a large/clumsy/jagged object would have been permitted by the US authorities to be flown to vast heights on an uncontrollable basis, followed by an inevitable fall?

The Malaysian squat conical version would be not much worse than a plastic life-preserver falling on someone's head.

If we're to fully-accept the American version, it's more like a rabbit hutch covered in music stands, topped-off with blunt glass blades.

...how would such a large/clumsy/jagged object would have been permitted by the US authorities to be flown to vast heights on an uncontrollable basis, followed by an inevitable fall?

One medium sized bag o' cash should do it. Most people don't realize just how dysfunctional our government is at the moment. Bags o' cash placed high up in the food chain are the most effective.

Bags o' cash labeled "campaign donations" that is.

Viewed from another angle, this story is inspiring, since it makes a DIY backyard built space thing look possible.

Bags o' cash labeled "campaign donations" that is.

Viewed from another angle, this story is inspiring, since it makes a DIY backyard built space thing look possible.
Yeah, it prompts Flat Earthers everywhere to build a rocket to "prove" (if only to themselves) their beliefs...

Ibis: School classes have sent stuff up with weather balloons like this.

Back