• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Spaceballs

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A general thread for Spaceballs discussion like:

Mel Brooks Writing Spaceballs Sequel

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News
September 28, 2004

In a Q&A with Playbill magazine, Mel Brooks says that he's currently working on a Spaceballs sequel. Here's the clip from the interview which starts off by talking about the big screen adaptation of The Producers.

Playbill: Will you have a role in it?

MB: It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill: When can we expect that?

MB: Best case scenario: a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario: a year after the new star wars opens.

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=6547

I already got that one in my alternative universe DVD collection:

Spaceballs 2: Attack of the Cohones

:D

I really enjoyed Spaceballs but I can't say I look forward to a sequel ... I thought he had more talent than Lucas.
I loved his Robin Hood; Men In Tights and his appearance in Dracula: Dead and Loving it!.

However, regardless of many squealing StarWars fans, the Dark Lucas has overdone the merchandising on the series and where SB gently prodded the cynical merchandising, any further comment on the SW bore-fest will not be up to Mel Brooks standard.

It would be as "yawn-whats that about-oh, I remember that film" as a Rocky spoof. We all remember the film (with effort) but what's so funny about this mickey-take?

Stormkhan said:
I really enjoyed Spaceballs but I can't say I look forward to a sequel ... I thought he had more talent than Lucas.
I loved his Robin Hood; Men In Tights and his appearance in Dracula: Dead and Loving it!.
Er.....no, too easy.

hope it's a prequil :)

Spaceballs didn't just satire Starwars and given the raft of Sci-fi movies since the first film there should be fertile ground for humour there :)

ot.

pity he wont do a history of the world pt 2 :(

Back