• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I can't imagine they'll have any problems with the launch - the dragon capsule has flown before without incident hasn't it?
Probably the only accident will be in the astronauts trousers at lift off.

It's live on Sky 501 in a few minutes.

Fingers crossed for those brave astronauts!

'Bob and Doug'. Hardly your typical astronaut names are they? Surely they should be Hank and Brad?

Awesome!

Within a couple of minutes you could see the curve of the Earth, with all its pandemics, riots, wars and all the other shit going on.
Great to witness something inspiring for a change!

Fake! Somewhat convenient the camera lost signal as the Falcon rocket landed :). Seriously shame, as someone mentioned earlier watching the double rocket return when they were practicing was a real wow moment, I knew the future I had been promised as a child was still possible. If it were darker Dragon would be visible overhead in a couple of minutes.

Fantastic. See that thing go up with no messing around. Excellent. Let's hope that it's the start of many more missions and further development for going back to the moon.
I was born in 1966 and have a dim memory of seeing the moon landings when I was 3, and then the further landings into the 70s. Such a shame that all the promise of sci-fi etc for expanding human exploration of the solar system, firstly Mars and then beyond, never happened.

They're just passengers on the trip up there really. Tomorrow is the hard part when they have to get the whatsit into the wangdoodle on the ISS. But again I believe that's mainly automated. As long as the flashing lights continue to flash and the thing that goes 'bing' continues to go 'bing' I reckon they'll be ok.

They're just passengers on the trip up there really. Tomorrow is the hard part when they have to get the whatsit into the wangdoodle on the ISS. But again I believe that's mainly automated. As long as the flashing lights continue to flash and the thing that goes 'bing' continues to go 'bing' I reckon they'll be ok.
And they should play The Blue Danube when they approach and dock.

Tomorrow is the hard part when they have to get the whatsit into the wangdoodle on the ISS. But again I believe that's mainly automated. As long as the flashing lights continue to flash and the thing that goes 'bing' continues to go 'bing' I reckon they'll be ok.
It wasn't like that in Commander Jameson's day.

Ok, when these guys come back who’s for putting on ape masks to welcome them home?
The astronauts could do it too
apes.jpg

Fake! Somewhat convenient the camera lost signal as the Falcon rocket landed :). Seriously shame, as someone mentioned earlier watching the double rocket return when they were practicing was a real wow moment, I knew the future I had been promised as a child was still possible. If it were darker Dragon would be visible overhead in a couple of minutes.

LOL - I thought the same very thing when the feed cut out and then all of it sudden the rocket was there. What are the odds!!

I knew someone, somewhere, would be making a video titled FAKE to put on Youtube.

Very happy about Lockdown in the sky with no planes as I saw it twice with once going over my view in Tynemouth UK from my balcony ( just looked like a plane but with larger longer them trails) and then went out the front door of my 4th floor flat and saw it going over the Cheviots ?

Very happy about Lockdown in the sky with no planes as I saw it twice with once going over my view in Tynemouth UK from my balcony ( just looked like a plane but with larger longer them trails) and then went out the front door of my 4th floor flat and saw it going over the Cheviots ?

You sure about this ?

I mean, it was a launch from Florida.

I also found the sudden break in the landing of the launch vehicle rather 'strange'.

Hoping to see some version of the landing later today.

You sure about this ?

I mean, it was a launch from Florida.
Yes it's route was coming over the North East of England and I try and sort out my dodgy Mini Pad Footage to post pictures and videos tomorrow, I mean I see the Space Station all the time.
Regarding the Cheviots it didn't look like your normal plane landing at Newcastle Airport like in the past as the Trails were long and solid but might of been RAF from Boulder ?
Very happy to see it but noticed the sky is now covered in cloud which hasn't been the case for the past 2 weeks so is that SpaceX or the return sadly of cars trippers coming out ?

Fair enough. I do agree about the ISS.

Fair enough. I do agree about the ISS.
Why was there a cut out and then had these Ground presenters talking as I couldn't understand that as the footage on the left before signal went off looked like damage to the rather frail looking Light shade thingy ( for give me I know nothing of our space craft)

The docking will be at 10:27 EDT. That should be in about 6 hours.

I also found the sudden break in the landing of the launch vehicle rather 'strange'.

Hoping to see some version of the landing later today.
Yes, I was somewhat struck by its oddness too.
Was watching it, saw light from above, then camera feed went off, then the launch vehicle was just there, gently steaming away.
I'd have thought there would have been a lot more exhaust fumes blowing about for a while.
It's almost like they had 2 platforms with identical camera setups. If the launcher failed to land on the platform, they'd cut to platform B, which already had a launcher waiting on it. Launcher A is probably at the bottom of the sea.

Why was there a cut out and then had these Ground presenters talking as I couldn't understand that as the footage on the left before signal went off looked like damage to the rather frail looking Light shade thingy ( for give me I know nothing of our space craft)
Light shade thingy? You mean the rocket engine?

Actually the landing on a drone ship happens within a very short time frame, somewhere in the region of 10 - 15 seconds from being about 100ft above the pad, down safe, engines off, smoke blows away. Check this film.

Back