• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Spam (Canned Meat Product)

I'm guessing you don't have a tin opener then?

I'm guessing you don't have a tin opener then?
hilka-60200800-hand-axe-with-fibreglass-shaft-800g-L-4389066-8528035_1.jpg

Well, thats one way.

If I had a key problem as depicted, it would be like misrolling a poster, go back and start again.

Hmmmmm....jump-cut and then the can looks suspiciously like it has been tampered with.
I've got to confess I've never tried. But the gif was for the sake of brevity - we're all busy people, and we don't have time to sit through a two-minute YouTube video. There are plenty available, though, which make the same claim, if your time is valueless.

A person with a supply of tins would have an opener, wouldnt they?

Or maybe they do not know how to use the one on the Swiss army knife.

Yes, abrading offending tin on a rough surface does work but takes 15-30 minutes. Not reccomended if in a hurry.

and you lose your sauce

A person with a supply of tins would have an opener, wouldnt they?

Or maybe they do not know how to use the one on the Swiss army knife.

Yes, abrading offending tin on a rough surface does work but takes 15-30 minutes. Not reccomended if in a hurry.

and you lose your sauce
You don’t lose your sauce if you stand the can upright and move the stone!

I thought the phrase 'lose your sauce' was used in this instance to denote 'getting angry'.

As in "When that bloke knocked your pint over I thought you were going to lose your sauce Dave!"

I read that as Spam Testes and thought, crikey, that's going a bit far. Mind you, there's probably testes in it somewhere.

During War War II there was no meat in the Pacific area.

Spam is indestructible in the can, and the people of the Pacific like Hawaii discovered the one and only Spam.

I actually like Spam. The processed meat product, not the emails etc.

Bushcraft Campfire Cooking Upside Down Fire Bacon Grill Cheese Burger

Courtesy of, 'Scottish Wanderer' on YouTube... what more need I add.

Our eloquently descriptive title says it all.

Please, enjoy the splendour of some Scottish scenery and a serious discourse on the outdoors preparation of a classic repast.

Well, kinda like... :dinner:

I'm not sure why McDonald's in China is doing this nor whether it's intended to be a sly slam against Spam ...
McDonald’s sells ‘Spam burger’ with cookie crumbs in China

McDonald’s is selling a sandwich made of Spam topped with crushed Oreo cookies Monday in China in an attention-grabbing move that has raised eyebrows.

Global brands from restaurants to automakers sometimes roll out offbeat products to appeal to Chinese tastes in the populous and intensely competitive market.

This is undoubtedly one of them.

“I thought it was delicious,” said a comment signed Feifei Mao Enthusiast on the Sina Weibo microblog service. “Is that because I love McDonald’s too deeply? Or is something wrong with my taste?”

The sandwich is made of two slices of Spam ... and ... Oreo cookies, topped with mayonnaise.

McDonald’s Corp. said the sandwich was part of a series of “members only” promotions to be released on Mondays in China. ...

McDonald’s said it planned to sell no more than 400,000 of the “Lunchmeat Burgers.” It wasn’t clear how many have been sold or how many people who flooded social media with scathing comments had eaten one.

“When you hate someone but have to invite him to dinner, you can ask him to eat McDonald’s Oreo lunchmeat burger,” said a separate comment on Sina Weibo. ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/article/mcdonalds-china-spam-burger-cookie-crumb-24849240f907eb3e0d837f17775545c6

Please, enjoy the splendour of some Scottish scenery and a serious discourse on the outdoors preparation of a classic repast.

Well, kinda like... :dinner:

Is this a forum member? It's pretty much how I imagined them.

Here's graphic proof of the Chinese McDonald's Spam & Oreos burger ...

mcdonalds-china-oreo-spam-burger.jpg

... For one day only this week, diners were invited to gobble up Spam and Oreo burgers.

The latest food mashup offered by the chain featured two extra-thick slices of Spam -- canned, cooked pork made by Hormel Foods Corporation -- topped with Oreo crumbs and the brand's classic burger sauce.

The announcement on McDonald's China's website described the taste of the Oreo and Spam burger as "tender and juicy," "full of meatiness" and with "a hint of sweet aftertaste" that amounts to "an unimaginable double surprise."

SOURCE: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/mcdonalds-china-oreo-spam-burger-intl-hnk/index.html

Blork. That just sounds (and looks) foul.
What ungodly creation could they possibly concoct to be even more disgusting?
How about a "Pressed Luncheon Tongue and Hob Nobs" burger?

(Also, while I think of it, I was the one who suggested as a random nauseating cocktail, in the pub one day, a 'Baileys and WKD Blue'. Once poured into the glass they started to take on the consistency of setting concrete and it was rather difficult to drink)

Blork. That just sounds (and looks) foul.
What ungodly creation could they possibly concoct to be even more disgusting?
How about a "Pressed Luncheon Tongue and Hob Nobs" burger?

(Also, while I think of it, I was the one who suggested as a random nauseating cocktail, in the pub one day, a 'Baileys and WKD Blue'. Once poured into the glass they started to take on the consistency of setting concrete and it was rather difficult to drink)

At my uni you could buy a Baileys with lime cordial as a shooter - I won't describe what the lime did to it, but I will say it was called a 'Gorilla Snot'.

Bacon Grill isnt spam, BTW

At my uni you could buy a Baileys with lime cordial as a shooter - I won't describe what the lime did to it, but I will say it was called a 'Gorilla Snot'.
My old flatmate did one of those .. tourists were chanting at him to neck it .. it looked like a lower intestine floating in a glass.

Back