• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Spy Camera

It is NOT a wildlife camera. It is not to be used outside. I have a wildlife camera that I tried to use when the first spy camera quit on me. It was very unsatisfactory. This camera, made to look like an air freshener, has no make name. If I could find the instructions it might give the details. It was clearly advertised as a "Spy Camera" for people suspecting outsiders nosing through their apartments. It was not expensive, less than $60. Normal photos taken in the rooms are sharp. But its not an expensive job that's really great in low light. I'll take a photo of the Spy Camera with my regular digital camera and send it along with the others as soon as my wife has some free time. Hard to teach an older than dirt dog new tricks.

Taking the pyjama bottom route, I detect an elasticated waistband where we would expect it. The "eyes" would then be the pockets on the top; the lop-sided look would be typical of someone who had just got up or dressed hurriedly.
I think I see a necklace but the head is cropped. The narrowing shape is defined by a dark dressing-gown thrown back as if the night-wanderer is scratching his or her bum. The pregnant or pot-bellied look is probably exaggerated by the angle.

Just another thought. The breast pocket might contain a hearing-aid of the older, bulkier kind? Or a small radio even? The "necklace" would then be the bifurcating headphone lead.

Is the figure mortal with his back to us*? The care-home history makes me interpret this figure as a worker stepping forward to assist a confused resident. Maybe the wanderer - and the carer - had confused their time-zone and blundered into yours! :)

*Edit: Re-reading the thread, I see that the figure ascending the stairs is the poster.
Thanks for the input. You see a lot more in that shot than I do. Yet, looking it trying to see the radio I suddenly determined the upper part of the figure appears to have "arms" slightly akimbo at the sides. But the arms and upper torso would be badly out of perspective; meaning they would appear rather small as compared to the rather ample rear. I reset the camera at the foot of the stairs on a wall hatrack. We'll see if anything else appears.

Let's see if this works.

Attachments

• 164.JPG
    164.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 179
  • 165.JPG
    165.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 166.JPG
    166.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 98
Here are two more. Note that in 165 the figure appears to have moved slightly ahead of me. You can determine the width of the stairs as being just about wide enough to accommodate 2 adults, even if one isn't quite normal. However in the third shot we appear to be standing on the same stair step. Look hard, there's not a lot showing in this shot. I will attempt to shoot a picture of the entire stairway with my regular camera and send it later. Also a picture of the Spy Camera.

I have reset the camera on the front stairs. Where I had it, would probably have been too high. I have a fairy statue that sets just below the hat rack. The camera can set firmly between her wings and aimed up the stairs. No, the statue is in no way where it can be detected by the camera. I took over 1000 pictures before the three I've shown you were detected. I have no doubt that it may be a while before anything else comes into camera range. But you never know.

However in the third shot we appear to be standing on the same stair step. Look hard, there's not a lot showing in this shot

Yes, Picture 166 is a bit of challenge to see. Here it is highlit and cropped....
2015-08-30 02.03.33.png

Maybe it's just the graininess of the photo, but in #165 it almost looks as if the figure is levitating a bit, rather just being ahead on the stairs.

Maybe it's just the graininess of the photo, but in #165 it almost looks as if the figure is levitating a bit, rather just being ahead on the stairs.
Looking closely as possible at the figure; you could possibly be right. I have reset the new spy camera in approximately the same area that shot the three shots in question. Maybe we can pick up something else. Thanks for the input.

My Spy Camera has developed a problem. I've misplaced the instructions that came with it. Maybe you who are more technologically adept can guide me on this. The Spy camera has quit taking pictures. The little screen on it reads FUL. I thought perhaps that meant it had all the images it could hold so I replaced the chip with a new one. Didn't work, it still reads "FUL". Can any of you tell me what this means and how I can get the camera functioning again?

Maybe the new chip needs to be formatted in camera. Did any software come with the camera. Have you a menu screen on your spy camera Brig?. Maybe you need to upload the exposed frames and then delete them from your chip.

Also, what is the brand and model name

Also, what is the brand and model name

The metadata from your camera (the 'pyjama pic') thinks it is a SQ907B Ez-Cam, by SQ Tech. This may be incorrect, it could ba a common processor. But when connected via USB, what name does self-declare as, within the 'My Computer' folder?

Any chance that the replacement memory card you're putting in it is as full as the one you've taken out?

http://www.ezcam.com/downloads/quickstart.pdf

When SD card is NOT FULL, but camera's front counter already reaches 9999, the camera will create a new folder to save the next data. Camera's front counter will reset from 0000 again. On the other hand, when SD card is full, camera's counter will then change the display to "FULL". Image and Video under each folder will be named from 0001 to 9999

I've had a look at the manual for the worldview EZCAM model STC-TGLBC2, (Visually, the same model as yours) and from what I can see, the only problem that restricts photos are a full SD card, a non formatted SD card or a pre formatted SD card from another camera.

Can I suggest that you buy another SD card, Brand new, and re-format this new card on your computer, then insert it in the camera and take it from there, and in doing so, see if it replicates the same problem as the first SD card?

whoops, I've just re-read the thread and the camera that I thought that you used was the one that ermintrude posted - my apologies - I now realise that I've been barking up the wrong tree.

My last par might be of use though as It's a generic remedy for all cameras, so is turning it off, taking out the SD card, then removing the batteries, then reversing the order to bring it back 'online' - Good luck Brig.

Last edited:
I've had a look at the manual for the worldview EZCAM model STC-TGLBC2, (Visually, the same model as yours) and from what I can see, the only problem that restricts photos are a full SD card, a non formatted SD card or a pre formatted SD card from another camera.

Can I suggest that you buy another SD card, Brand new, and re-format this new card on your computer, then insert it in the camera and take it from there, and in doing so, see if it replicates the same problem as the first SD card?

whoops, I've just re-read the thread and the camera that I thought that you used was the one that ermintrude posted - my apologies - I now realise that I've been barking up the wrong tree.

My last par might be of use though as It's a generic remedy for all cameras, so is turning it off, taking out the SD card, then removing the batteries, then reversing the order to bring it back 'online' - Good luck Brig.
Thanks....I'll try it.

Thanks for the input but this camera has no counter. It reads FUL, not FULL. May mean the same. I wish I could find the dang booklet that came with it. BTW it has no identifying marks of any kind on it.

Is it a branded product? You may be able to find a manual online.

(sigh)
The metadata from your 'pyjama photo' indicates that your camera is a SQ907B Ez-Cam, made by SQ Tech

Click on the link below (my upload of your picture to the Fotoforensics free online analysis service) and in the menu box up on the left-hand side near the top, change the ELA/ Error Level Analysis to show the metadata that's been saved from your camera...that's where it identifies your source camera as a model SQ907B

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=cff3af97a7fc28201d7174234fd9f6c74bca69f7.117283&show=ela

Alternatively, connect the camera to your computer via USB...it will normally name your camera, either automatically, or when you right-click for properties on the camera/device icon

ps Fotoforensics and other online ELA services can misidentify source camera make/models....just very rarely

I realize you are trying to help. You just dpn't realize you are talking to a true computidiot. I don't understand much of what you are telling me. I did understand the, "Get a new chip." Which I did and the camera appears to be working now,. At least it no longer says "FUL". I haven't tried to see if any photos are on the chip as yet. As soon as I do, I'll report on it. Thanks for all of the advice, even if I'm too ancient to understand it. To give you some idea of how out of it I am. I taught school (precomputers) for 42 years. The last year I taught, the school brought in new computers for every class. About mid-year, as I played with trying to learn how to use the computer, I locked the dang thing up tight. It wouldn't budge. A kindergarten student saw my dismay and asked what my problem was. I told him, He looked at the screen, punched a few keys and said "There ya go". KINDERGARTEN! I retired the same year. Of course, having a third grader tell me I had her GRANDMOTHER in kindergarten tended to tell me I was getting old.

I checked my spy camera last night. It did take a few photos but they were obviously taken as I emplaced the camera. They were of the carpet, the bannister, and ceiling. No other photos. I think, where I had it aimed was too dark. The front stairs are rather dark unless the overhead light is on. There is colored glass around the front door but apparenty it does not admit enough light to allow activation of the camera. So last night I reset the camera and left the hall light on. I have not checked for any results as yet.

Now it seems the camera shuts itself off minutes after I activate it. Now what am I doing wrong?

Now it seems the camera shuts itself off minutes after I activate it. Now what am I doing wrong?
Is the camera running on batteries or plugged into a power supply?
If batteries, it's probably on some kind of power saving setting. You can probably change that setting.

It is battery operated. But an older version of this camera (my first one) would run until the batteries gave out. I forgot it at one point and when I ran onto it by accident it had over 200 shots of our bedroom door. Never could figure out what activated it so much as it was just pictures of a closed door. It was a hall door from our bedroom that was almost never used, ergo, the camera shot until the batteries died. The new camera worked fine for a while then as you recall it had a ful reading and it was some time before I got it working again, but still not right as it only works for a few minutes before shutting off.

A funny thing happened with my spy camera. You will recall I had problems with it shutting down after a few minutes. I had the camera in our kitchen while I was discussing with my wife where I should try to use it again. I sat the camera on top of the cooking stove while we discussed the camera. Someone came to the door and I went to answer ir. I forgot about the camera. A couple days later I noticed it on the stove. I picked it up and noticed I had a low battery. The only way my batteries could be low would be if the camera was on. So I took out the chip and fed it to my print maker. The sign came up that I had 2000 photos......all of my wife cooking breakfast or supper. Now my next question. Is there any way I can cancel out all of these shots so I can reuse the chip?

Does your laptop computer have a card-reader slot that you can plug the 'chip' into? On the front or side, possibly marked MMC?

Or if a desktop/tower Windows or Apple computer, on the front? If in doubt, advise us here of the maufacturer's name and the model number, and it can be checked.

Normally this can also be done in the camera. We can help guide you.

I could run the chip in my digital camera and delete the shots one at a time. But 2000 is going to take a loooooooong time of deletion. I do have a gizmo that attaches to the computer that can bring up the shots a page at a time but I don't think I can delete them with it. Its a Multi-Slot usb & flash card reader, but I don't see anything about deleting pictures. I guess I was just born 50 years too soon. This stuff completely bamboozles me. Thanks for replying.

The Card Reader has a slot marked "50 MMC". Is that what you are referring to? If it is, How do I use it?

I actually found the box my camera came in. its called a Video Patrol Security Camera. Its Infrared sensor, a 2G memory card. Can shoot up to 25000 shots or records up to 75 minutes. It's made in China for Jobel International in Carson California. It uses 4 AA Alkaline batters and it has a single folded sheet of instructions much of I don't understand. At the moment I am sick at heart because I suddenly and unexpectedly lost my eldest (12) dog. We were taking him and his 9 year old companion for a Sunday drive in the country and he simply dropped dead. Any of you who have dogs will release they become family. I am heartsick and my wife is really going bonkers. It must have been his heart. The Vet said he had a heart murmur. Sorry to lay my misery on you people but it helps a bit to talk about it.

That's sad news Briq. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles - my regards to you and your family.

Back