• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Square Clouds, Purple Sky-Lights & Blue Moons—Allegedly

If you view the video again, make a point to look at the footage preceding the bit in question. It actually illustrates Shuttle personnel operating inside, the viewing ports / windows, the fact that these windows are found all around the Shuttle, and the very sort of pale interior illumination the mystery image exhibits.

If you view the video again, make a point to look at the footage preceding the bit in question. It actually illustrates Shuttle personnel operating inside, the viewing ports / windows, the fact that these windows are found all around the Shuttle, and the very sort of pale interior illumination the mystery image exhibits.

Feel a bit foolish now for bringing it up at all, but yeah you're probably right it is just the reflection. Somehow it didn't seem so at the time, the reflection explanation didn't seem right because the person did seem to be behind (from our POV) the craft. Even though we had seen the footage you mention (as I said, we sat through the whole thing :) )

I think it's still relevant to this thread, because it does illustrate Ermintruder's point about fakery and what-not. (And serves as a warning to not take things at face value!)

But hey, at least I came on here and asked the question, right? That's better than just blindly believing the video, which is sadly what many people do and hence why YouTube channels like that one continue to exist.

Ermintruder, EnolaGaia - your help and expertise would be greatly appreciated here. :)

Mr Zebra and I were looking through unexplained stuff on YouTube (as we do :) ) and came across one titled "100 Percent proof we can't orbit earth. Debunk this."

Well, we find it quite amusing to watch one of these from time to time, just for a bit of hilarity, you know. With this one, I looked at Mr Zebra and said "let's see how long it takes to debunk it." "I give it 30 seconds," he replied.

So... we sat and watched. Usual stuff... the video-maker clearly doesn't understand what the word proof means, yada-yada-yada, I was doing my best Dana Scully "If there's a point, please feel free to come to it" impression...

... until we got to the 5min 40sec mark. When the video showed what indeed did appear to be a human moving about outside what was supposed to be some NASA spacecraft/module or other - as if it were a model of the craft and therefore the whole thing was a big fake.

Bear with me... I'm getting to why I'm posting this:
First of all, Mr Zebra and I looked at each other, somewhat shocked. It did indeed appear to be a person moving about. We were, as you would imagine, quite shocked - was this really showing that NASA had been faking stuff?

But then... it occurred to us... what if this video we're watching is the one that's faking? Aka, they've made up the fake video to try and make it look like NASA are faking... follow my drift?

So... that's where I immediately thought of you two, and this thread. Because I'm hoping you might be able to use your expertises to shed some light on where the fakery lies... if possible?

Here's the video. If you don't want to lose too many IQ points :D skip to about 5min 40 or just before, and then see what you think. I'd really like to know.

Not to make too fine a point of what others have suggested, but go outside on a clear, moonless night away from the townlights and look up for 10 minutes. What you see traveling across the starfield will give you eyeball evidence of orbitage. And it'll be real cool. I went out 4 nights ago and saw no less than 13 orbiting reflective craft. I was disappointed I didn't see more, but I got tired after 2 hours and went home and slept.

We orbit. We really really do. Switch off Mr Screen and switch on Mrs Eyesight, and Dr Mind.
No offense intended. I'm a nice person.

Not to make too fine a point of what others have suggested, but go outside on a clear, moonless night away from the townlights and look up for 10 minutes. What you see traveling across the starfield will give you eyeball evidence of orbitage. And it'll be real cool. I went out 4 nights ago and saw no less than 13 orbiting reflective craft. I was disappointed I didn't see more, but I got tired after 2 hours and went home and slept.

We orbit. We really really do. Switch off Mr Screen and switch on Mrs Eyesight, and Dr Mind.
No offense intended. I'm a nice person.

No offense taken. :) Oh, just to make clear - I know we can orbit the Earth :) I just occasionally like to watch videos like that just for the hilarity of seeing what nonsense some people can come up with in the name of so-called 'proof'.

The only thing that confused me was the apparent 'human outside the craft' which did puzzle me (and Mr Zebra) for a little while as we truly didn't see it as the reflection that it actually was, until we watched it again. I thought it fitted in well with the subject of this thread regarding fakery - I wondered who exactly was doing the faking as I wondered whether, rather than them saying it was NASA faking, whether in fact the video-uploader was faking that video with CGI or whatever. :)

There are few things more enjoyable than looking up at the stars at night, I love the dizzy feeling of looking up at things that are so very far away. Really cool is when we get our 'sun-lounger' garden chairs out in the pitch blackness so we can just lie there looking up comfortably without getting neck strain. Handy for meteor-shower watching, too.

We're lucky in that we can see a good deal of stars from our back garden as we're next to fields.

That's really cool you saw so many orbiting reflective craft. Don't think I've ever seen more than a couple at one time.

:)

Ermintruder, EnolaGaia - your help and expertise would be greatly appreciated here. :)

Mr Zebra and I were looking through unexplained stuff on YouTube (as we do :) ) and came across one titled "100 Percent proof we can't orbit earth. Debunk this."

Well, we find it quite amusing to watch one of these from time to time, just for a bit of hilarity, you know. With this one, I looked at Mr Zebra and said "let's see how long it takes to debunk it." "I give it 30 seconds," he replied.

So... we sat and watched. Usual stuff... the video-maker clearly doesn't understand what the word proof means, yada-yada-yada, I was doing my best Dana Scully "If there's a point, please feel free to come to it" impression...

... until we got to the 5min 40sec mark. When the video showed what indeed did appear to be a human moving about outside what was supposed to be some NASA spacecraft/module or other - as if it were a model of the craft and therefore the whole thing was a big fake.

Bear with me... I'm getting to why I'm posting this:
First of all, Mr Zebra and I looked at each other, somewhat shocked. It did indeed appear to be a person moving about. We were, as you would imagine, quite shocked - was this really showing that NASA had been faking stuff?

But then... it occurred to us... what if this video we're watching is the one that's faking? Aka, they've made up the fake video to try and make it look like NASA are faking... follow my drift?

So... that's where I immediately thought of you two, and this thread. Because I'm hoping you might be able to use your expertises to shed some light on where the fakery lies... if possible?

Here's the video. If you don't want to lose too many IQ points :D skip to about 5min 40 or just before, and then see what you think. I'd really like to know.

those are reflections of the astronauts inside, that video is a flat earther favorite despite it already being debunked

Because with millions at their disposal, NASA could only make a model and forgot to dress the puppeteer all in black, and then release the video footage and not notice anything.

Series of lenticular clouds over Mt. Fuji, giving a pagoda-like appearance:

PSX_20190621_095013.jpg

What a shame!

It is possible for multiple lenticular clouds to arrange themselves like a stack of pancakes, but this typically doesn't look like a stack of concentrically aligned identical pancakes.

The multi-cloud stack phenomenon is real. This particular idealized depiction of it is not.

Right ... That one's been making the rounds for at least 7 years now. Here's a comparison of the manipulated version versus the original that served as its basis.

Ah yes... in the fake one, there are little identical dark blotches in each cloud, sort of dead-center.

But still... the real photo is still beautiful so there's that. Looks like a twirled-out piece of pizza dough hanging over the mountain :D

Strange flashing in the sky above Shenzhen, seen from here in Hong Kong about five miles from the border. Bright, localised, and about every ten seconds or so. I guess it be lightning but the sky here is clear and there is no sound of thunder. Time about 8.10pm.

I took a short video but it's too big to upload :/

See if this link works:

Strange flashing in the sky above Shenzhen, seen from here in Hong Kong about five miles from the border. Bright, localised, and about every ten seconds or so. I guess it be lightning but the sky here is clear and there is no sound of thunder. Time about 8.10pm.

I took a short video but it's too big to upload :/

See if this link works:

I was able to view it but I had to sign in.

I did once witness a square sunset. Amateurishly, I failed to record it on camera and post it online.

I thought the explanation could have been horizontal clouds diffusing the red light between tall buildings. Viewing the location on clearer days revealed no evidence of tall-enough buildings. :dunno:

Last night's sunset. I was waiting for thunder storms which never materialised when I noticed it. Not square but an odd shape. This was taken through an open window, so no reflections.

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 13.37.07jpeg.jpg

What do you think? Was it aliens?
It's hard to tell anything. The video seems to show only one flash, with the horizon obscured by the fence/wall. Was it in the same place in the sky repeatedly? Or across the sky in a general direction?

It's hard to tell anything. The video seems to show only one flash, with the horizon obscured by the fence/wall. Was it in the same place in the sky repeatedly? Or across the sky in a general direction?
It was in the same place. There were lots of flashes, but I only captured about one as they seemed to die off when I started filming.

Back