• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Squeaky Hair

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Asked in Mythconceptions from FT 390: does clean hair squeak? Meaning, once you've washed your hair, the story goes it should make a squeaking noise if you run your fingers through it. Must admit, I didn't know this was a "thing", but when I squeak my wet hair it's always accidental because bleeeeee.

Asked in Mythconceptions from FT 390: does clean hair squeak? Meaning, once you've washed your hair, the story goes it should make a squeaking noise if you run your fingers through it. Must admit, I didn't know this was a "thing", but when I squeak my wet hair it's always accidental because bleeeeee.
Yes, it does.

If mine squeaks I've over done it and stripped it :(

There is a particular solid shampoo that I’ve brought in the past from a well known high street cosmetics and body products retailer (the chain of shops you can usually smell from half a mile away) and it is the only shampoo I’ve ever used that made my hair squeak.
it also gave me chronic dandruff but that’s another matter.

My hair squeaks when it is clean and doesn't squeak 9 hours later. I used J&J baby shampoo, because I wash every day (and I'm a big baby). I also nearly died in a bizarre electrolysis accident that has taken all the hair off my legs and rendered me a Hare Krishna below the waistline.

lt used to, when l had more. :omr:

l haven’t read the Mythconceptions yet, but l’m guessing it’s stridulation between the keratin scales on the hair vs. the ridges and skin cells of the fingertips.

maximus otter

Might be mice nesting in your hair.

Might be mice nesting in your hair.

Shampoo-bottle-Fortean-text.jpg

maximus otter

Back