• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Stafford Visit :)

Seeing as the place is smothered with free masons, an ex prime minister, Sandringham, the Queen's holiday palace, tons of ex and currently serving royal marines as well as current active military bases, radar stations etc etc .. and countless other white tosser multi millionaires ? .. I'd be very surprised .. Cromer is about as 'white' as it gets in England, open racism flourishes here against non 'white' people .. there's even a heavy church attendance scene .. I'm not saying that's a good thing at all in the grand scheme of things but it is the truth sadly .. You'd be just as unlikely to see a feminist lesbian support march in Helmand Provence ..

Cromer is full of Shi'ites.

Exactly as Krepostnoi and Mme Snail have said. We have a perfectly serviceable thread about Islam to which I'm shortly going to move the relevant posts.

Edit - now done. This thread is about Frides' visit to Stoke. Keep it friendly please (the thread, if not Stoke itself.)

Last edited:
Exactly as Krepostnoi and Mme Snail have said. We have a perfectly serviceable thread about Islam to which I'm shortly going to move the relevant posts.

Edit - now done. This thread is about Frides' visit to Stoke. Keep it friendly please (the thread, if not Stoke itself.)
She's going to Staffs Stu, not Stoke .. at least I hope she's not going to Stoke the last time I was there ..

I'm going to be in Stafford (and also the bike show/auction) around April 20 this year.

It's over 30 years :freak: since I was there.

I have St Chads's and the Ancient High House on my list. I'll mostly be on foot, walking with a stick*, hoping to take in tea shops and yarn/embroidery/dressmaking emporia if I find them.

Where else? Once the car is available I'm hoping to drive down the bit near Cannock to see if I can find a werewolf, and maybe go to Lichfield to see a dear friend.

Suggestions? Anyone in the area want to have a coffee? :D

Frides

* To hold me up. Not a swagger stick.
Damn I got to this site too late.... I now live and work in Stafford and apart from the overpowering stench of jazz cigarettes on my walk to work in the North end of the town, I like it here. Keep meaning to go up to the castle at night as it is just down the road from me and purportedly haunted. As is The Swan pub and hotel in the town that apparently has a room that is so disturbing and haunted the owners refuse to let anyone stay in it!! Let me know if you come back again

Back