• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
No.....no I haven't.
I'm not sure I want to.

Kirk and friends also travelled to the 1960s in the let's not talk about it episode Assignment: Earth.

The Ferengi went back the 1940s or 50s in "Little Green Men". Sisko and Co also went to the 50s but that was in a vision or something.
The sci fi writing episode was late 40's. I think they do these once is a while because the cast threatens to revolt if they have to look at the latex again. Although that was a great episode. And Little Green Men is was of my favorites. The actors couldn't duck the latex but at least they had some dialog scenes.

You haven't read my fanfic!
We've all read your fanfic...
hnc.gif

The Ferengi went back the 1940s or 50s in "Little Green Men". Sisko and Co also went to the 50s but that was in a vision or something.
That DS9 episode was set on a holodeck and it was a programme that featured on and off for the last 2 series, but Sisko and co also went 'back' to the 2030's in San Francisco (The Bell Riots double Episodes).

But during all of the various series there were instances of travelling back to various previous time periods.
Like when in "The City on the Edge of Forever" in which Kirk and Spock jump through that portal to go after McCoy to stop him saving the life of Joan Collins in 1930 which somehow was 3 years before she was born.
And in "All Our Yesterdays" when Kirk goes back to the 1600s but Spock and McCoy go back a bit further (5000 years).
But these episodes were not broadcast until the late 60s.

Wasn't Little Green Men a Celestial Orb, time-travelling doo-hicky? Great episode for laughs really.
The holodeck was guilty of being the mechanics behind so many time travelling/out of Federation episodes but my favourite one was the DS9 episode "Our Man Bashir", where the doctor and Garak were isolated on a DS9 holosuite in a COD-James Bond plot. Again, played for laughs, it was genuinely funny. Incidentally, Sisco played an amazingly mad Bond villain!

That DS9 episode was set on a holodeck and it was a programme that featured on and off for the last 2 series, but Sisko and co also went 'back' to the 2030's in San Francisco (The Bell Riots double Episodes).
I was thinking of the program that may or not may be a vision of Sisko's (or he is a vision of its) which is set in the late 40's in which he's a sci-fi writer. This one wasn't a holoprogram.

Wasn't Little Green Men a Celestial Orb, time-travelling doo-hicky? Great episode for laughs really.
The holodeck was guilty of being the mechanics behind so many time travelling/out of Federation episodes but my favourite one was the DS9 episode "Our Man Bashir", where the doctor and Garak were isolated on a DS9 holosuite in a COD-James Bond plot. Again, played for laughs, it was genuinely funny. Incidentally, Sisco played an amazingly mad Bond villain!
Nope Little Green Men was in the category of unusual radiation sending the ferengi ship back to earth in the past but they get home by using gamma radiation from an a bomb test. The orb was used to push Sisko back and forth in his family hisyory. Ya gotta keep your time travel straight.

Nope Little Green Men was in the category of unusual radiation sending the ferengi ship back to earth in the past but they get home by using gamma radiation from an a bomb test. The orb was used to push Sisko back and forth in his family hisyory. Ya gotta keep your time travel straight.
Yeah Star Trek has so many forms of time travel it's easy to understand why there's a time cop organization to keep the timeline from turning into spagetti.

'Timecop'? No, that was Jean Claude Van Damme. Nothing to do with Star Trek.

'Timecop'? No, that was Jean Claude Van Damme. Nothing to do with Star Trek.
Bur no my friend The timecops were introduced in Tribbles 2 and had several appearances in Voyager. The seem to be based around 600 years in the future and consider the whole OS gang a prime menace.

Yeah the 'temporal investigators' lot....okay granted, but I'm pretty sure they didn't use the nom de guerre of 'timecop'.

Yeah the 'temporal investigators' lot....okay granted, but I'm pretty sure they didn't use the nom de guerre of 'timecop'.
Mmm..... technically true, but "time cop" was a description of their job, not the name they use for themselves.

Not to be confused with the short-run tv series Crime Travellers, starring Michael French and Chloe Annette (who I had a crush on). Not great sci-fi but actually fun!
The "rules" of time travel, as listed on the Wiki entry, are actually sort of a bit ... workable?

The next season of Picard and Discovery apparently involves time travel.
Hmmm.
What with the older-looking Q (which is understandable since time affect the actors, not the characters), this smacks of fan-service. Which is nice when done well, but tends to paper over cracks in stories and tries to distract from the main show itself. Can't think of anything original? Just drag in a much-loved character or trope from a (long) past series - the fans will lap it up.

Let's face it - it wouldn't be Star Trek without at least a couple of time-travel episodes. They are usually used as a plot-device for the end of one season and the start of the next, a cliff-hanger if you will.

Since warp technology deals with faster than light travel, technically all Star Trek is time travel.
And Discovery is riddled with it like a stick of rock.
"Please report on the phenomena, Mr. Data."
"Oh, it's a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey kind of thing, captain. Just sit back and don't try to think it through." :D

We are all travelling through time anyways....forwards, at the rate of one second per second.
So technically, all Star Trek is time travel even without the FTL stuff anyway.

Checking out the latest Star Trek toon trailer, I noticed Amazon served up a Lower Decks S2 trailer and didn't mention it a few weeks ago:

More of the same, but it was an easy to watch show, and pretty harmless. Compared to Disco and Picard, anyway.

Apparently Gene is getting his own biopic soon. The lawyers will be rubbing their hands in anticipation...

Anyway, Lower Decks was back last week, and I've seen the first episode of season 2. It's the best written of the new Trek, but still not that funny. Which is unfortunate when it's a comedy. The plots are pretty tight, mind you.

Back