• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I was never able to wrap my head around Simon Pegg as Scotty. Every time I saw him acting alongside that pointless dwarf alien sidekick, I couldn't get Pegg as Tim Beasley in Spaced moaning about how crap Jar Jar Binks was and how Jar Jar ruined The Phantom Menace out of my head ... that and he looks nothing like a young James Doohan.

I haven't watched much more lately, but as I mentioned upthread I've been getting into DS9.

Other enthusiasts for the series may like this (NSFW sweary) rant:

Or this (much less sweary) advice on what to watch before embarking on the series.

[Caveat: his other content might not please: Satanism, Right-Wing Politics, Inventive Profanity]

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jmgi/
Functional Bluetooth-connected Com badge to allow you to answer your smart-phone in a suitably-STTNG manner. Apparently.

2017-12-25 08.48.20.png

:( Far too young.

Another former child actor dies too young. RIP.

Discovery's baaaack! Liked the Scotty reference snuck in there, good old Mr Isaacs.

Hadn't noticed how Cold War this was getting with its double agents and Imperial vs Totalitarian stuff. But...

...the Mirror Universe isn't a bad idea to bring back, it was the subject of the only decent episodes of Enterprise, though I don't know if we've gotten familiar enough with the characters to have the same effect as an evil Kirk. Not sure about the "kill two minorities with one stone" bit either. Too 80s slasher movie.

They are taking chances, though. It'll be interesting to see how the fans take it. Will they be... alienated? Heh.

Not sure which of my predictions I mentioned here previously, but I will just say, 2 from 3. Not too bad. Specifically:
Called the Mirror Universe. Made sense that was where they wound up, although it was spoiled a bit by Frakes doing media last year. Interesting that they've managed to tie in the only good episodes of Enterprise and bits of "Mirror, Mirror". Also, curious as to who the emperor is going to turn out to be. I have two theories, largely based on the emperor's reaction to Mirror Burnham's death. It's either Sarek, which doesn't make a lot of sense given how xenophobic the empire is supposed to be, but then Spock becomes emperor at some point after "Mirror, Mirror", or else it's Georgiou.

Sadly, while I relish the thought of Michelle Yeah returning, I doubt we'll get to see her seriously kick arse this time either.

Also, it's becoming more obvious Tyler is actually Voq. I'll count that, even though I didn't come up with it individually but got it from other sources.

All I'm waiting on is some confirmation that what's wrong with Stamets is related to what happens in "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

For the record, I don't count my statements that Lorca is a super-villain as a prediction, as it seems fairly obvious from watching the show.

Not sure which of my predictions I mentioned here previously, but I will just say, 2 from 3. Not too bad. Specifically:
Called the Mirror Universe. Made sense that was where they wound up, although it was spoiled a bit by Frakes doing media last year. Interesting that they've managed to tie in the only good episodes of Enterprise and bits of "Mirror, Mirror". Also, curious as to who the emperor is going to turn out to be. I have two theories, largely based on the emperor's reaction to Mirror Burnham's death. It's either Sarek, which doesn't make a lot of sense given how xenophobic the empire is supposed to be, but then Spock becomes emperor at some point after "Mirror, Mirror", or else it's Georgiou.

Sadly, while I relish the thought of Michelle Yeah returning, I doubt we'll get to see her seriously kick arse this time either.

Also, it's becoming more obvious Tyler is actually Voq. I'll count that, even though I didn't come up with it individually but got it from other sources.

All I'm waiting on is some confirmation that what's wrong with Stamets is related to what happens in "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

For the record, I don't count my statements that Lorca is a super-villain as a prediction, as it seems fairly obvious from watching the show.

All (well, a lot) was revealed this week, and Anome? You've done very well. Although we might see Michelle in a more arse-kicking capacity after all.

That was one brief episode, but it moved like a bullet. Another theory confirmed by the twist at the end, too. Michelle had a couple of really funny lines, which was nice.

An action-packed episode this week, closed a few threads and started up a major new one. I noted Mr Klingon Transformer wasn't in it, couldn't recall how we left him the previous episode. A lot going on, certainly, and it had improved.

An action-packed episode this week, closed a few threads and started up a major new one. I noted Mr Klingon Transformer wasn't in it, couldn't recall how we left him the previous episode. A lot going on, certainly, and it had improved.

Cracking episode.

Loved seeing the decisive Saru, taking proper charge when attacking the Chiron. I’m guessing that Georgiou is going to be the key to defeating the Klingons.

Coup and counter-coup! Great on board ship hand to hand skirmishing! Jason Isaacs was literally reprising his role as Marshal Zhukov in THe Death Of Stalin. Some great acting by Michelle Yeoh as well.

Coup and counter-coup! Great on board ship hand to hand skirmishing! Jason Isaacs was literally reprising his role as Marshal Zhukov in THe Death Of Stalin. Some great acting by Michelle Yeoh as well.
LOL last I saw she was lunch. Guessing the usual time travel or "dark universe" stuff. anything actually new? That spore crap just reminded me of millecondrians. Anyone in star fleet using the force yet? These are not the Andorians your looking for - waves hand.

LOL last I saw she was lunch. Guessing the usual time travel or "dark universe" stuff. anything actually new? That spore crap just reminded me of millecondrians. Anyone in star fleet using the force yet? These are not the Andorians your looking for - waves hand.

She's back, in the Dark Universe and she's the Queen Bitch! The Spores do feature in the denouement of this episode. Time travel might feature in future episodes diven what has happened.

A recap of Episode 13, WARNING: Here Be Spoilers!
http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/star-trek-discovery-recap-season-1-episode-13.html

She's back, in the Dark Universe and she's the Queen Bitch! The Spores do feature in the denouement of this episode. Time travel might feature in future episodes diven what has happened.

A recap of Episode 13, WARNING: Here Be Spoilers!
http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/star-trek-discovery-recap-season-1-episode-13.html
Brilliant thanks for that saved me hours of eye rolling and shouting at the screen. Guess there may be more than just one alternative universe if not time travel or tardigrade force thing macguffin required to save the day. (Tardigrade allows time travel in alt. Universe?)

Hell possibly Admiral Scott Bakulas dog may turn up and complete Scotties movie plot arc.

I have access to Discovery but have actually seen more episodes of Orville, so subconsciously I think I've made a choice even if Orville is a bit naff!

Brilliant thanks for that saved me hours of eye rolling and shouting at the screen. Guess there may be more than just one alternative universe if not time travel or tardigrade force thing macguffin required to save the day. (Tardigrade allows time travel in alt. Universe?)

Hell possibly Admiral Scott Bakulas dog may turn up and complete Scotties movie plot arc.

I have access to Discovery but have actually seen more episodes of Orville, so subconsciously I think I've made a choice even if Orville is a bit naff!

Some Episodes of The Orville eg "If the Stars Should Appear" & "Majority Rule" could have been in ST:TOS, just take out a few of the laughs.

I was disappointed that, while she finally got to do some serious fighting, the direction didn't stay on her long enough to follow it. As if we cared what Burnham was doing, anyway.

And Burnham really needs to stop making the stupid mistakes.

So it's come to this: The Federation against Islamic State! With none too subtle allusions to real world atrocities! Not sure how tasteful that is, but this is giddier than the usual ST series. Touch of The Genesis Project in there, too.

Back