• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Robo-Lady! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Took a while to warm up, this week's episode, but was pretty tense by the end. Not sure how I feel about emo-Spock, doesn't that scupper his most famous personality trait?

Yeah, could have done without the singing (where's Scotty's bagpipes when we need them?). But at least we know who the Red Angel is. I hope the big twist is that bloke isn't really Mr Spock, because, well, he just isn't Mr Spock, is he?

Agreed. I liked Quinto as Spock but with this guy I'm just not feeling it.

2 episodes dropped this week on netflix. I thought maybe this means mid-season hiatus, but imdb has the next episode listed as next week.

I did enjoy the scene with georgiou flirting with stamets and hugh. 'uh you know we're gay?' 'oh don't be so binary'.

Not sure how I feel about emo-Spock, doesn't that scupper his most famous personality trait?
Not really, Spock probably had a very nuanced understanding of his own emotions in order to strip them of their power to influence this thinking and redivert their impetus more productively. All conscious thought has a basis in instinct, but as with biological responses such as the inflammatory response (which raises the body's temperature to fight infection, but has also been linked to cancer formation), biological responses aren't always useful or precise. Imagine what a superpower it would be to be able to utterly ignore all the things that annoy or distract you and focus that wasted energy on the things that matter. That is my take on Vulcan logic training anyhow.

Bit too much crying this week, but it rattled along and felt like we were getting somewhere at least. Though yet again filming martial arts wrong.

Bit too much crying this week, but it rattled along and felt like we were getting somewhere at least. Though yet again filming martial arts wrong.

I'd wish they'd do less long story arcs which killed DW IMO and more one episode adventures. I want to see an encounter, the crew in trouble, one of the crew, (usually Jim), beating that trouble and everyone laughing at Spock on the bridge at the end.

I'd wish they'd do less long story arcs which killed DW IMO and more one episode adventures. I want to see an encounter, the crew in trouble, one of the crew, (usually Jim), beating that trouble and everyone laughing at Spock on the bridge at the end.

Now those days are gone...

No Tilly at all this week. But we did get Klingons, not much of an exchange. I was about to write this episode off when they showed up at the start, but we did get the TOS Pike at one point, way over the top, too (his face wasn't oozing when Captain Kirk met him). Not sure I can take that seriously after Futurama.

Good grief, if they'd cut out the tearful goodbyes, this week's episode would have lasted 15 minutes. Plus the teen queen was kind of annoying - I didn't remember her at all. Nice to see the Enterprise, though, and the 1960s hair on Number 1. Grand finale next week!

Yeah, that episode just went on and on.

The teen queen was from one of the Star Trek shorts.

I've just gone looking for those star trek shorts and i can't find them. all i can find is reviews of them. at least i wasn't going crazy thinking i'd missed an episode.

why was the admiral running the enterprise? they didn't get a replacement captain? i've gotten very confused somewhere, with all the crying that goes on in this season.

The short about Saru's origin was the only one worth watching I thought.

Clearly Star Trek needs to bring back a CGI rendered Whoopie Goldberg commander who can sit with others on a big table again discussing the feelings of each species in the galaxy before anyone takes any action. That would be gripping to watch .. again ..

I've just gone looking for those star trek shorts and i can't find them. all i can find is reviews of them. at least i wasn't going crazy thinking i'd missed an episode.

why was the admiral running the enterprise? they didn't get a replacement captain? i've gotten very confused somewhere, with all the crying that goes on in this season.

They were in the section with trailers and extras on Netflix.

Well. that finale was dazzling. literally, so much flashing lights. and is that it? no series 3? cos more would be good but if not, that was a great way to end. or are we gonna have discovery in the future? shame cos i really like Pike. but then if we have an enterprise series then we have to have that annoying number 1.

hmm.

There was a lot going on, so much that I lost the thread early on and contented myself watching the bright colours and moving shapes. There will be a third season, and I wonder if they're planning to mix Discovery up with the Picard show?

I'm with GNC, I just enjoyed the pretty colours.
So did the big bad get defeated with magnets?

Sorry I've not always paid attention to what was going on.

so the Enterprise was just an old ship was it? Compared to Discovery and Shenzou which were much more modern? Where did it come from?

I thought the finale was great - answered lots of questions, gave itself somewhere to go, and slots in perfectly with classic Trek. And Rebecca Romijn.

I will be interested to see if the Calypso Short Trek has any relevance for season three, given they have now boldly gone where no one has gone before...

Picard's back - and having a piss up! We're all invited!

Looks like he's a "sad" drunk, though. I just hope there's room for Patrick to recreate the meme @skinny used in the GoT thread, I'm still chuckling about that.

Picard's back - and having a piss up! We're all invited!

Looks like he's a "sad" drunk, though. I just hope there's room for Patrick to recreate the meme @skinny used in the GoT thread, I'm still chuckling about that.
How do you get 'sad drunk' from that? Picard's older brother had a vineyard, and they weren't on the best of terms always. I'm guessing that the brother died and Picard inherited the family estate and vineyards.

Back