• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Watched it tonight.

Some powerful and memorable scenes and a sastifactorily happy ending.
I just knew "JL" would terminate the proceedings with his customary "engage"!
But I'm undecided whether the whole Picard reborn thing was a stroke of genius or a cheap cop-out.
Also, the corruption within the higher echelons of Starfleet and the ban on synthetics seemed to have been resolved unfeasibly quickly.

And will we ever get to meet those interdimensional robotic centipede things again?

Overall perhaps 7/10 (if I'm feeling generous).

I'm glad I stayed the course though and am genuinely looking forward to series 2.

Yeah, that's another issue - Starfleet were conniving villains throughout, until the last twenty minutes when suddenly they're the good guys again, purely because of plot convenience. Make up your minds!

It was a little convenient, but I think when Commodore Oh blew her cover by taking up command of a Romulan attack fleet, they might have reviewed some of her actions.

And how did Riker manage to go from comfortably retired in the middle of nowhere to commanding a Starfleet battle division in a matter of days?

And how did Riker manage to go from comfortably retired in the middle of nowhere to commanding a Starfleet battle division in a matter of days?

And how did they find a uniform to fit him?

It was a little convenient, but I think when Commodore Oh blew her cover by taking up command of a Romulan attack fleet, they might have reviewed some of her actions.

And wasn't that weird, imagination-driven, fix-everything knuckle-duster gizmo a bit too close to The Doctor's now ubiquitous Sonic Screwdriver for comfort?

He said he was 'retained' earlier in the series.

Watching DS9 and got to the episode Babel. Quark has just explained to Odo that the bar is not closed because the closure does not apply to essential operations. Big smile.
To a Ferengi, anything that makes profit is 'essential operations'.

Did I miss the episode where they acquired that? Where did it come from?
One of the Isa Briones synths gave it to Rios to fix La Sirena, and he conveniently left it sitting on the dashboard when he was finished.

Yeah, it was a contrivance, but not the worst in the finale, and I say that as someone who liked the show.

So we're binge-watching ST:TOS a lot at the moment. And I'm wondering... all these marvellous high-tech toys they encounter (e.g. a machine that can make exact android replicas of a person, a mind-control ray, a virus that kills adults)... how many of them were immediately acquired by Section 31 as soon as the Enterprise leaves orbit? (I'd imagine they have agents on board a ship as important as the Enterprise who can notify them of discoveries)

So we're binge-watching ST:TOS a lot at the moment. And I'm wondering... all these marvellous high-tech toys they encounter (e.g. a machine that can make exact android replicas of a person, a mind-control ray, a virus that kills adults)... how many of them were immediately acquired by Section 31 as soon as the Enterprise leaves orbit? (I'd imagine they have agents on board a ship as important as the Enterprise who can notify them of discoveries)
I've been watching it every day. Seen a few episodes I can't remember watching before.

It's Official: Another Star Trek Spinoff Is on the Way With Captain Pike and Spock

Sorry, Star Trek: Enterprise was already taken. Welcome aboard, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

CBS has given a series order to Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, a brand new series that will be set aboard the original U.S.S. Enterprise and follow the adventures of Captain Pike, Spock, and Number One as they explore the galaxy. Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, and Rebecca Romijn, who brought the characters to life on the second season of Star Trek: Discovery, will reprise their roles.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/its-official-another-star-trek-spinoff-is-on-the-way-w-1843478782

It's Official: Another Star Trek Spinoff Is on the Way With Captain Pike and Spock

Sorry, Star Trek: Enterprise was already taken. Welcome aboard, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

CBS has given a series order to Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, a brand new series that will be set aboard the original U.S.S. Enterprise and follow the adventures of Captain Pike, Spock, and Number One as they explore the galaxy. Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, and Rebecca Romijn, who brought the characters to life on the second season of Star Trek: Discovery, will reprise their roles.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/its-official-another-star-trek-spinoff-is-on-the-way-w-1843478782
Does that mean disco has been cancelled?

awesome news!

Like I always say, sixties tv was the best. However, I thought they’d at least try some new ideas in this century.

[SEXIST]For some reason I find Rebecca more attractive as Number One than she was as Mystique.[/SEXIST]

Flatscans. Which I think she did for about 3 minutes.

I like Pike. However it will be quite limited what stories they can tell, or what dramatic tension they can have when you know what happens to the main characters in the end.
There's also an animated Trek on the way.

Anson Mount's Pike was the best thing about the last season of Discovery (which I did enjoy, but he was the highlight).

Currently watching DS9 Season 5, and had the huge surprise of Trials & Tribble-ations - never seen it before, it was brilliant. Unfortunately followed by the less impressive one where Dax and Worf go to Risa and have a lover's tiff.

I just realised there was a second round of Star Trek shorts. You might like the one called The Trouble With Edward.

Back