• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Jeffrey Combs probably holds the record for playing the most species on Star Trek.
Has anyone noticed that the Kzinti are on Lower Decks? Those creatures originally from Niven's Ringworld, who showed up in the old Star Trek cartoon.

Heck, one of the lead characters is an Orion who isn't a sexpot or a maniac.

Jeffrey Combs probably holds the record for playing the most species on Star Trek.
Has anyone noticed that the Kzinti are on Lower Decks? Those creatures originally from Niven's Ringworld, who showed up in the old Star Trek cartoon.
If we limit it to named characters, maybe. But there are certain people who were recurring background actors who played an astounding array of aliens.

If we limit it to named characters, maybe. But there are certain people who were recurring background actors who played an astounding array of aliens.
Interestingly when you look at those actors who have played multiple actual speaking alien characters in the ST universe, varying latex, the list includes James Cromwell who eventually played the (human) lead in First Contact and is a name actor in other films. Probably useful because he's tall. But Combs, who is very talented, gets the prize for multiple different alien speaking parts in one episode.

SG also had a small number of background players who recurred in different getups in the series - and because of the higher-tech filming techniques and heavy special effects, frequently one full costume guy played a number of the same aliens in one scene.

Looking forward to that!

What I would really love to see though would be a faithful adaptation of Iain M Banks' Culture series.
Consider Phlebus, that kicked the whole saga off, is probably my favourite sci-fi novel.
That was the first of that series that I read.

Interestingly when you look at those actors who have played multiple actual speaking alien characters in the ST universe, varying latex, the list includes James Cromwell who eventually played the (human) lead in First Contact and is a name actor in other films. Probably useful because he's tall. But Combs, who is very talented, gets the prize for multiple different alien speaking parts in one episode.

SG also had a small number of background players who recurred in different getups in the series - and because of the higher-tech filming techniques and heavy special effects, frequently one full costume guy played a number of the same aliens in one scene.
Hehe, Oh yeah, weren't both of them recurring roles? *looks it up* Oh yeah it was Brunt and Weyoun. Two of the roles he played most.

Hehe, Oh yeah, weren't both of them recurring roles? *looks it up* Oh yeah it was Brunt and Weyoun. Two of the roles he played most.
My faint memory says there were other occasions but a nice excuse for re-watching DS9.

He also played an andorian on Enterprise a few times.

Heck, one of the lead characters is an Orion who isn't a sexpot or a maniac.
A sentence that's never been said about the forum members here...:reyes:

Oh he played and Andorian AND a Ferengi in Enterprise. :D
Not however in the same episode. The andorian was a full-series story arc, he actually got you know a character to work on with minimal latex, although I suppose the radio-controlled antennae were a little disturbing. All right all right he was also painted green.

I also noticed while checking my memory that he does a voice on Lower Decks.

Last edited:
Not however in the same episode. The andorian was a full-series story arc, he actually got you know a character to work on with minimal latex, although I suppose the radio-controlled antennae were a little disturbing. All right all right he was also painted green.
Green?

A very blue green.

Combs also did voicework for a Star Trek video game. They could do a whole Star Trek show with just his characters.

A very blue green.

Combs also did voicework for a Star Trek video game. They could do a whole Star Trek show with just his characters.
True. I saw Patrick Stewart do his one-man Christmas show of Christmas Carol in which he played all the characters, it was very good. Kind of like that.

Am I remembering wrong? as an andorian didn't he spend that series green?
I thought Andorians were all blue, apart from the pale white ones that were cave dwellers.

The sexy ladies that Kirk rather liked?
Yes. And I swear those characters through TNG were described as Andorians. Didn't one show up on the Enterprise in TNG? I wonder if there was a Klingon head ridge thing going on here.

Yes. And I swear those characters through TNG were described as Andorians. Didn't one show up on the Enterprise in TNG? I wonder if there was a Klingon head ridge thing going on here.
The green ones were called the Orions.

The green ones were called the Orions.
Indeed.
Susan Oliver played 'Vina' but they had trouble 'keeping her green'....
1633618123350.png

Body paint obviously has to be relatively non-toxic, it's generally vegetable based and wipes off really easily. They had horrible trouble with that model in the credits to one of the James Bonds who was painted gold - perhaps Goldfinger? - because it was in fact toxic and could only be on her for a limited time, etc. I don't think they could use it at all nowadays.

Body paint obviously has to be relatively non-toxic, it's generally vegetable based and wipes off really easily. They had horrible trouble with that model in the credits to one of the James Bonds who was painted gold - perhaps Goldfinger? - because it was in fact toxic and could only be on her for a limited time, etc. I don't think they could use it at all nowadays.
Wasnt a 'Bond girl' killed in Goldfinger, by being painted completely gold.

Back