Star Wars

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Screenshot_20201210-232156_Twitter.jpg

Cassian Andor, everyone's favourite character is back!

I want a series based on the fat bloke that runs the Mos Eisley Cantina and one on Lobot and another on that little shoebox on wheels on the Death Star.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Well, we have had a load of SW copiously dumped on us.

(I think we asked that wretch in the shiny armour to keep his Force-damned baby under control...)

I am not thrilled.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I can't keep up with all the Star Wars stuff now.
Oh well.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
And you don't need to be a Prophet of the Force to have seen an Ashoka series coming....

How many times has she died now? She's unstoppable.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Im not against the good stuff, and was pleasantly surprised at the Mandalorian.

Largley because it was pretty low key.

And it did have a respectful (But not overwhelming) FORCE

I believe SW should have the Force.

A lot of these new ideas dont.

Ashoka Tano doesn't like babies...who would have thought it?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Got to the end of The Mandalorian season 2 and really enjoyed it, though the amount of stormtroopers getting killed every episode was kind of ridiculous, it was like the finale of Commando or something. I suppose those robots that can actually fight would be an improvement, unless they meet a you-know-who.

The special effects for the big reveal were great, much better than Rogue One's CGI characters (no spoilers if you don't know). Overall, very impressive.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
I see New Republic Social Services finally got their hands on that baby...

...We knew it would happen eventually.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Yes, there is that ongoing problem.

Plus the lack of wardrobe. (Hero wears highly expensive beskar armour and his sidekick a grubby smock...)

And I don't think the Razor Crest is set up for crew safety …where is the baby seat, for a start? Is the gun cupboard locked? Is the lock Jedi proofed?? What about access between the upper and lower decks?

Nor is the practice of conscripting the nearest female as an unwaged babysitter conventional childrearing practice.

Also we know action figures are canonical items in the SW Universe; is Din too busy sloping around sleazy bars to locate and visit the nearest toyshop??

Finally, no wet wipes. How is Our Hero to keep his charge clean and, more importantly, block freshers all over the Outer Rim?

A lot of plot holes have not been addressed at all in this series.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
The massively-knowledgeable Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons tells us all about the real firearms on which the weapons of the original Star Wars were based:

maximus otter

Sgt Girth

Ephemeral Spectre
That said, I wish they would bring out The Mandalorian out on Blu-ray.....that looks half decent!