• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The Hochschule Kaiserslautern observatory in Zweibrücken ..

ar2observatory.jpg

Well if you read Splinter of the Minds Eye an officially approved spin off novel they’ve been there already...
I've looked up Splinter of the Mind's Eye. I discovered two facts about it.

1. It's not canon; but not only that, it was commissioned as a novelisation of a story that would be a low budget sequel to Star Wars (A New Hope) should the latter not bring in the readies for a worthy, big budget sequel. So, before any myths circulate that there's a canonical novel where the siblings innocently get cosy before they found out about their shared parentage; no, there isn't. In that 'reality', Luke and Leia aren't siblings.

2.The novel is written by Alan Dean Foster, who also novelized the first three Alien movies. I read those and hate his writing style. As a result, I won't be reading his Star Wars inspired material.

Stormtroopers weren't clones either. The clones were the Republic Clone Troopers used in the Clone Wars.

Imperial Stormtroopers, like the First Order soldiers in the new trilogy, were enlisted and trained from birth but are not clones.

K .. thanks. So the trooper recruitment process was clearly handled differently by successive management in this story arc.

.. and I can't resist re posting this scene from Clerks shot back when Kevin Smith was one of the only people who still gave a shit about Star Wars back before episodes 1, 2 and 3 were even announced (Lucas gave him permission to marry at Skywalker Ranch just after A Phantom Menace was revealed to the world and also gave him a private screening of the trailer before it was made public .. respect)

Last edited:
Look forward to finding out how Palpatine is revived in the next film. Is he the most powerful character ever in the SW universe?

Back