• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
EQCecIdVAAA3eAo.jpeg.jpg

And that's how he ended-up with a granddaughter.
I would LOVE to hear more on this front. Miss Palpatine has a very interesting family history in her own right and actually exploring that instead of junking it could make for some fascinating stories.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/rumor-the-mandalorian-has-picked-rosario-dawson-to-pla-1842428386

In these grim times at least The Mandaloran will get a new Babysitter....

Ugh, please no. What is it with Tano that she has to be shoehorned into every Star Wars series?

The great thing about The Mandalorian us that it exists separate from all other SW canon and finally branches off to explore new worlds, highlighting how large the galaxy is.

Bringing in characters we already know jerks you right out of that new world they have built so well.

Terrible move.

Some people like Ahsoka. :p Also this kinda got hinted at in SW9. Ahsoka was alive at the end of Clone Wars, and we just haven't seen her since. Except that 9 hinted that she was dead by showing what was probably a Force ghost of her.

Just started reading "The Star Wars" comics, based on George Lucas' original screenplay.

So weird, it's familiar but not quite right. General Luke Skywalker is a grizzled old Jedi who is best mates with Starkiller and his son Annikin. Better not mention what's happened to Han....

Just started reading "The Star Wars" comics, based on George Lucas' original screenplay.

So weird, it's familiar but not quite right. General Luke Skywalker is a grizzled old Jedi who is best mates with Starkiller and his son Annikin. Better not mention what's happened to Han....

Is a frog alien thing? I think Luke was supposed to have a robot face as well. George Lucas is fucking mental.

Some people like Ahsoka. :p Also this kinda got hinted at in SW9. Ahsoka was alive at the end of Clone Wars, and we just haven't seen her since. Except that 9 hinted that she was dead by showing what was probably a Force ghost of her.

Ahsoka was in the Star Wars Rebels cartoon, including the epilogue which took place after the Battle of Endor.

Its the end of the play when the villain takes his mask off and you realise its just the dad of one of your friends?

(Was that Euripides? or Aristophanes??)

To bring things up to date, one of my favourite moments from Rise of Skywalker was the (very brief!) appearance of Denis Lawson as Wedge. I actually enjoyed the whole film more than some others seem to have done, but this particular cameo made me smile.

To bring things up to date, one of my favourite moments from Rise of Skywalker was the (very brief!) appearance of Denis Lawson as Wedge. I actually enjoyed the whole film more than some others seem to have done, but this particular cameo made me smile.

I was completely oblivious to this until I read references to it in reviews.

There were a few nice cameos that got dismissed as fan service along with every plot twist in the movie, but it's Star Wars, of course there will be callbacks. I didn't enjoy TROS as much as TLJ, but I still enjoyed it, the sequels have been far better than the prequels (anyone tried to watch them recently? Eesh).

It struck me TROS was made for people who still appreciated Star Wars, and the production wasn't interested in trying to appeal to those who had made it their mission to slag it off online at every opportunity. So, yes, for the fans, what's wrong with that? Who didn't grin when Chewbacca finally got his medal? And C3PO was great.

There were a few nice cameos that got dismissed as fan service along with every plot twist in the movie, but it's Star Wars, of course there will be callbacks. I didn't enjoy TROS as much as TLJ, but I still enjoyed it, the sequels have been far better than the prequels (anyone tried to watch them recently? Eesh).

It struck me TROS was made for people who still appreciated Star Wars, and the production wasn't interested in trying to appeal to those who had made it their mission to slag it off online at every opportunity. So, yes, for the fans, what's wrong with that? Who didn't grin when Chewbacca finally got his medal? And C3PO was great.

I agree the sequels are far better than the prequels, there are some who disagree, let us through them into the Sarlacc.

I am, generally speaking a "fan" though I loathe that appellation and I found TROS risible and pathetic, events, such as Chewbacca getting the medal, happen completely to give "fans" a nostalgia buzz or "the feels" as young people put it and have no narrative logic of their own. The plotting, of which there was enough for two films was rushed and nonsensical, they have to find a thing to find a thing to find... whatever.

If you enjoyed it fair enough but it was two and bit hours of the most egregious and cynical fan service I've ever seen. I laughed out loud several times and none of those were "with" the film. Characters "die" only to be fine again in the next scene, it was like entire MCU Phase in that regard. Even the action was unremarkable.

The prequels had original ideas. Two of the sequels were more like remakes.

I am, generally speaking a "fan" though I loathe that appellation and I found TROS risible and pathetic, events, such as Chewbacca getting the medal, happen completely to give "fans" a nostalgia buzz or "the feels" as young people put it and have no narrative logic of their own.
Enh, it's weird, but that's inevitable for an established franchise. You can't just make new stuff and have it be separated from the old stuff. It's what makes it a franchise. Sure the medal scene was corny, it was corny the first time too.
The plotting, of which there was enough for two films was rushed and nonsensical, they have to find a thing to find a thing to find... whatever.
This... kinda works as a summary for the original trilogy too.

Enh, it's weird, but that's inevitable for an established franchise. You can't just make new stuff and have it be separated from the old stuff. It's what makes it a franchise. Sure the medal scene was corny, it was corny the first time too.This... kinda works as a summary for the original trilogy too.

Of course it will connect, as did the previous two and the spin offs. TROS had lots of unnecessary call backs and things that worked as nostalgia fodder in the moment but we're out of place narratively. It wasn't a medal "scene" it was a crowbarred in moment that was clearly a nod to Chewy not getting a medal in the original. Both are corny but the scene in SW makes sense at the end of that film.

None of the films are perfect, I'm sure there's all manner of issues with the original trilogy but I doubt they are anything like EP 9. I re watched ROTJ a few years ago for the first time in over a decade and it was... Quite bad, nowhere near TROS but enough to make me decide not to revisit the first two.

Back