• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I rewatched the original after seeing SW7 because people talked about how similar it was... but... I found myself headscratching trying to figure out why people though t the original was better. It made it seem like the good guys won(sorta) because the bad guys were utter morons.

But if the sequels had no references to the previous instalments, they would be... Star Trek? Out of Africa? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Someone on another forum said that Rogue one was the best film.

(I can only assume they have seen no other)

The Mandalorian has had good reviews; anyone know how I can access it without sacrificing my soul to the Mouse God?

Someone on another forum said that Rogue one was the best film.

(I can only assume they have seen no other)

The Mandalorian has had good reviews; anyone know how I can access it without sacrificing my soul to the Mouse God?

Well, you could get a week-long free trial and watch the whole thing, it's only 8 episodes. And I would highly recommend it.

Turkish Star Wars ripoff that has similar production values to to "sea chicken" advert and uses actual SW footage:

Ah! One of the Ne'erdowells of the SW Universe has sent me The Mandalorian! (Really the only kind of person in the GFFA)

It is indeed good.

If you like Westerns, it is better. (It is so Western it hurts).

The characters are interesting and the visuals are full of detail.

Plus, it is beautifully simple (bit like `Solo`)

(I think an issue with the mainstream movies is that they overegg the pudding a lot)

It would appear Taika Waititi will be getting in on some of that Star Wars action.

Will The Mandalorian be on Blu-ray? I can't really afford Amazon AND Disney+ and don't know how much I'd watch on the latter anyway.

One thing noteworthy about the Mandalorian; its music score is as about unstarwarsy as you can get.

Ive been watching `Clone Wars Series 7` too.

Its pretty good stuff; The Bad Batch are Clones who have experimentaly been exposed to cliche war movies during their growth, We discover there are launderettes in the SW universe in the second arc, and in the third Anakin is starting to look like a guy who has a rat trap permenently attached to his balls...

...either that or he is a guy with no money who has been informed his wife is expecting Twins...

Maul is the only character who knows what is going on...or thinks he does, and no one takes him seriously.

It all ends in tears with Ahsoka and Rex burying her now dead command.

But! More splendid visuals and some stirring (and again non SW) music.

Bonus shot; The Jedi Council ARE plotting against Palpatine, so Order 66 is much more justified....

Well, I just finished RoS.

It left me...empty.

Kylo Ren gets a suitably sticky end. (Why do I get the feel of an injured pet crawling up to his dead master???)

But then, no one gave him the Jedi warning about Girl Cooties...

ONE BIG GRIPE

How do you start up a ship that has been sat in the desert for years? (or under the sea?) They do this TWICE.

This is covered more believably in the comic series `Dawn of the Jedi` Daegen Lok has repaired a ship to escape a prison planet...but it hasnt been run in a decade, the power cells are completley flat.

I wont spoil the answer for you but it involves the Force...

May the Force be with you....

I think if they brought in jump leads from the Millennium Falcon it would have added a narratively superfluous scene and interrupted the flow.

Is Luke Skywalker the only person in the Star Wars universe with a 'normal earth human' first name?

Is Luke Skywalker the only person in the Star Wars universe with a 'normal earth human' first name?
Well, The Human characters sometimes do. So many aliens though. Also it's not really normal for the humans to either.

I'll allow Obi Wan Kenobi for being 'Old Ben' Kenobi.
But 'normalising' existing names wouldn't really work would it.
I mean, Dave Vader? Hank Solo?

98133156_10159847636084937_2090098577073242112_o.jpg

The Radio 4 Archive Hour did the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back:
Radio doc

Two things I took away: director Irvin Kershner was more or less Yoda, and the fact this was the only film where Carrie Fisher played a romantic lead. It's a good listen.

Back