• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Episode 9 looked great, and there were some really enjoyable moments, but it wasn't terribly memorable.

And the whole treasure hunt schtick was awful - looking for a thing which gave a clue to another thing, which then lined up perfectly with another thing when held up from precisely the right place (what are the chances). On the plus side, C3PO wasn't completely annoying, and actually helped with the plot.
As a kid I tried making one of those. the quickly realized why it's believable that most people would never even try doing it. a: clues are very fickle. If you don't interpret from the right PoV you'll literally never figure it out ever. b: setting up the clues is even harder since you need simple things that are easy to find, but also not something that changes much.

I remember some western where this treasure map changed hands 20 or so times because one of the landmarks on the map was a strangely shaped tree. The person who eventually found the treasure only found it after realizing that the tree was strangely shaped because it had been struck by lightning several times before the map was drawn, then eventually died and was burned to charcoal by even more lightning strikes. he found the charred STUMP of the tree only.

As for the Palpatine family... This is a work of fiction... where was the body? What proof was there that Sheev Palpatine was dead? Luke's Force sense? A rookie he was. :D The reveal that Snoke was a deformed clone (possibly of Sheev Palpatine) half the people I talked about SW 7 with thought he was a disfigured Sheev Palpatine. also... Rey's genetically more like Sheev's daughter than granddaughter. this is because her father was a defective(in that he couldn't use the Force) clone of Sheev.

Last edited:
The last film has long gone, the dvd has been out for some time and I still have no desire to watch it, so for me, the saga is incomplete. The last two movies I saw were rubbish and killed my interest in the franchise.
I have the blu ray and I’ve still not taken it out of the wrapping. I enjoyed Rogue One and Solo was an enjoyable romp but the last three Star Wars films not really doing it for me, although the ones I have seen were generally better than the prequels.

123712903_1909140629227767_4069334027279679670_n.jpg

Yikes!

Shall we agree that there are areas in the Galaxy, Far, Far Away that are best left unexplored?

(Such as the Ewoks cartoon...)

Yikes!

Shall we agree that there are areas in the Galaxy, Far, Far Away that are best left unexplored?

Nope, I want to know what happened behind the scenes in that monstrosity in intense detail and at great length.

Yikes!

I mean... some things that disturb the Force count as "things man was not meant to know"?

I remember enjoying the ewoks cartoon. Now, the ewoks movies were dire.

Sooo... here's a thing I learned recently... apparently it's true that the original plan for Rey was for her to be a Kenobi. The evidence actually got found by people looking for easter eggs in the Star Wars games.

In SW: Battle Front 2 they have a LOT of playable characters, each of which has unique animations and character models... but while Rey looks like Daisy Ridley, and moves like Daisy Ridley, her gameplay mechanics are nearly a copy of Obi Wan Kenobi. Not exactly proof, but quite strange for a main character to play as a clone when they came up with unique moves for random bounty hunters from the first movie....

Then there's the Lego game version of Force Awakens. You play through a bunch of flashbacks and one of the flashbacks in Maz's castle names one of the people that in the movie is un-named as Kenobi. Yeah... that's kind of an important story bit, but also a story bit the GAME doesn't even focus on! You have to have the captions turned on to see the name.

In SW: Battle Front 2 they have a LOT of playable characters, each of which has unique animations and character models... but while Rey looks like Daisy Ridley, and moves like Daisy Ridley, her gameplay mechanics are nearly a copy of Obi Wan Kenobi. Not exactly proof, but quite strange for a main character to play as a clone when they came up with unique moves for random bounty hunters from the first movie....
Occam's razor says it's proof of overworked programmers on a deadline ...

Occam's razor says it's proof of overworked programmers on a deadline ...
Well, that's an idea that'd make more sense if not for the fact that A: it's a major character, and B: MINOR characters often have unique game play mechanics. It just doesn't make sense for them to go to the time and effort of making Rey look and move like in the movie... and "run out of time" to give her unique powers. Especially when they came up with unique gameplay mechanics for guys like Bossk. Bossk is technically in more than one movie... still a minor character though.

At first I thought TLJ's ending telling the Star Wars-loving little girls of the galaxy that they could be as special as Rey if they wanted it enough was a positive step. But RoS's explanation that it's not what you know, but who you know and your connections that make you special is, on reflection, a lot more realistic, and should prepare a generation for inevitable disappointment.

Ah, that's the problem;

She may have not ever met Yaddle.

(Though she must have heard about her, of course).

And Ashoka would not know where Yoda came from, which is the best bet to find his kind. (Since they do not travel much...Though other people do visit them, actually) She wont even know where to possibly find out.

I suspect Yoda kept no records of himself...So, even if the Jedi Temple archive was still available for research, might not answer that question.

Much as meeting Snips(TM) might be a game changer; all that Ashoka can tell Din is;

a)His kind is very rare and a reclusive kind from an unknown planet
b)They live longer than even Hutts and Wookies do.
c)They are potent Force sensitive's.
d)I have met one like him.

Which doesn't exactly add anything to the story that we or the Mandalorian doesn't already know.

The game changer, actually, is that Ashoka can discover his name. (Where did he get it? is he self named?)

I saw that last week - the same goes for Foster's Alien adaptations (20th C Fox - now Disney). I was among millions around the world who read his SW novelisation, he was so good at them. It's an outrageous situation.

I'm aware of him through his many works but have only read a few of his Lovecraftian type stories, which I must say, were very good.

I'm a fan of Alan Dean Foster's work.
This kind of rip-off must not be allowed to continue or proliferate.
All writers must refuse to work with Disney until they get around to sorting this out (and make a full apology).
Disney is up to other shenanigans as well, but that's another story.

This is legally.... suspicious yeah. It's like buying a house and deciding you don't need to pay off liens on the property because someone else signed the agreement. You don't get to simply wash your hands of pre-existing obligations like that.

Disney is up to other shenanigans as well, but that's another story.
Another forum I follow has been discussing this at length - as you say Disney has form for this sort of thing. The main issue is their resources (and vast in-house legal dept) allow them to repeatedly kick legal action into the long grass so that complainants just run out of funds or accept pitiful settlements long before it gets to court. This is one of the reasons the John Grisham, Erin Brokovich etc trope of little guy trouncing big corporate plays so well in the US especially, but in real life such victories are extremely rare. Normally the big corp wins purely by means of attrition.

Back