• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
And here's the trailer:

Going a bit gangster movie with it. The Starpranos? Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen have a combined age of about 120, but she looks better than he does. Maybe most of the series will be a boardroom drama so he doesn't need to stand up too often.
A boardroom drama

Post of the day.

facebook_1635900419718_6861463674026920840.jpg

Child actor Devon Michael almost played Anakin Skywalker for The Phantom Menace. Here's his story ..

Considering the kid who actually did play Anakin saw his life ruined because of it and is currently in trouble with the cops, I'd say he dodged a bullet.

Yes, that is what I thought.

Very few people have had their acting career enhanced by Star Wars.

Yes, that is what I thought.

Very few people have had their acting career enhanced by Star Wars.
Hehe, I heard that the guy who played Luke Skywalker in the original just... couldn't get roles with traditional acting often. VOICE acting? loads of roles, one particularly famous one was the Joker in several Batman works.

Hehe, I heard that the guy who played Luke Skywalker in the original just... couldn't get roles with traditional acting often. VOICE acting? loads of roles, one particularly famous one was the Joker in several Batman works.
Having an acting gig early in one's career that one can live off for life, apart from turning up at a recording studio every now and then, isn't really doing badly. I don't think most of the people involved in the first Star Wars expected it to be a hit. And here we are, still talking about upcoming Star Wars more than forty years later.

I never understood Boba Fett fandom.

This was in the middle 90s.

Still dont.

Absolutely, a series that dares to ask "what if we just crank out the worst fanservice on streaming as well as cinemas?"

It's fucking nauseating that this "real" Boba Fett series is the next after what was essentially a fake Boba Fett series. The character doesn't exist, it's just some armour that people liked the look of.

The trailer "looks" "fine" but it also looks pretty much the same as The Mandalorian: deserts, grittiness, gangser shennanigans. I hope they awkwardly de-age Biggs in this- who doesn't want to see that? Maybe we could meet the son or grandson of Porkins? The series obviously needs a baby version of an existing alien and given the setting, it should be a Rancor, Fett has to protect and carry a baby Rancor that is the size of a polar bear around with him.

Having an acting gig early in one's career that one can live off for life, apart from turning up at a recording studio every now and then, isn't really doing badly. I don't think most of the people involved in the first Star Wars expected it to be a hit. And here we are, still talking about upcoming Star Wars more than forty years later.
yeah, not sure how much he made, but he doesn't seem to have been poor, that's for sure.
Absolutely, a series that dares to ask "what if we just crank out the worst fanservice on streaming as well as cinemas?"

It's fucking nauseating that this "real" Boba Fett series is the next after what was essentially a fake Boba Fett series. The character doesn't exist, it's just some armour that people liked the look of.

The trailer "looks" "fine" but it also looks pretty much the same as The Mandalorian: deserts, grittiness, gangser shennanigans. I hope they awkwardly de-age Biggs in this- who doesn't want to see that? Maybe we could meet the son or grandson of Porkins? The series obviously needs a baby version of an existing alien and given the setting, it should be a Rancor, Fett has to protect and carry a baby Rancor that is the size of a polar bear around with him.
well, Mandalorians are an interesting culture. Boba Fett was an evil jerk... by Mandalorian standards.

According to Wikipedia, Jake Lloyd who played Anakin has battled bad paranoia mental problems most of his life which destroyed his acting and personal life.

According to Wikipedia, Jake Lloyd who played Anakin has battled bad paranoia mental problems most of his life which destroyed his acting and personal life.
Like a lot of child actors, he was bullied at school to the point where he gave up acting. It's sad.
Maybe they should go to special schools for artistic kids. Or maybe those schools exist and they're expensive?

Like a lot of child actors, he was bullied at school to the point where he gave up acting. It's sad.
Maybe they should go to special schools for artistic kids. Or maybe those schools exist and they're expensive?

He was apparently bullied throughout school for being in Star Wars and then it carried in university, he was blamed for The Phantom Menace being shit. As was the guy who played Jar Jar, he was an adult and was driven to contemplate suicide, so I dread to think what Jake Lloyd went through.

Having an acting gig early in one's career that one can live off for life, apart from turning up at a recording studio every now and then, isn't really doing badly.

My understanding is that no-one expected Star Wars to do well, so everybody except Alec Guinness worked for a fixed (low) wage. Guinness was well-established, so didn’t care much about the money, and offered to work for a percentage of the profits.

For the rest of his life, Guinness referred to the regular, generous SW royalty cheques as “The Gold from Space.”

maximus otter

Anyone watch The Book of Boba Fett, then? Mostly flashbacks in Episode 1, to explain how he got out of the Sarlacc Pit and what happened next, but there's an indication of where it goes next. Looks fantastic, I have to say, but it is very "get the reference" heavy. Nice to see Max Rebo is still plugging away. And that's Matt Berry as Fett's droid!

Anyone watch The Book of Boba Fett, then? Mostly flashbacks in Episode 1, to explain how he got out of the Sarlacc Pit and what happened next, but there's an indication of where it goes next. Looks fantastic, I have to say, but it is very "get the reference" heavy. Nice to see Max Rebo is still plugging away. And that's Matt Berry as Fett's droid!
I can't say I was very excited by the first episode. Fett seems like a bit of a wuss. If you can't trust a bounty hunter who was traumatised as a kid and an assassin to be ruthless, I can't see where it's going. I suppose I was looking for a drama with Fett taking out his rivals in clever ways. But perhaps that's where it's going. Or perhaps it's going somewhere entirely unexpected.

I have a hunch we are going to be surprised.

Remember we were lukewarm on the Mandalorian until we realised the main interest would be what a Baby puts in its mouth this episode, and what the titular character does about it?

(The shootouts and space battles were just filler).

I have a hunch we are going to be surprised.

Remember we were lukewarm on the Mandalorian until we realised the main interest would be what a Baby puts in its mouth this episode, and what the titular character does about it?

(The shootouts and space battles were just filler).
I actually wasn't lukewarm on The Mandalorian, I was in it from the opening scene. But then, I've always loved a western.

Yes, the Western is back.

But did it get of to a slow start? I think that was the trouble with Resistance.

Series need to start on an exciting note to get people to watch...filler can come after.

start on an exciting note to get people to watch
Which is mostly disappointing ultimately - I have tried to watch so many series over the course of time which have started excitingly and then been followed up by....well....not much.

I would much rather the people who make tv series just actually try to make it all good.

The Book of Boba Fett chapter 2. Well, that was much better. After the scene setting of the first 'chapter', the second picked up at a pace, and became pretty gripping.

Same here, not sure watching Boba Fett after episode one, but they threw everything into episode two for a lot of action.

Watched Boba Fett ep2 last night, the train sequence was good enough for a movie, even if to be honest I'm not that interested in Sandpeople society. They're really piling on the references, too! Not one, but two Hutts.

Watched Boba Fett ep2 last night, the train sequence was good enough for a movie, even if to be honest I'm not that interested in Sandpeople society. They're really piling on the references, too! Not one, but two Hutts.

Also, the terrifying Wookie is Black Krrsantan, he's been in quite a few of the recent (canon) comics.

The Book of Boba Fett chapter 3, I felt, didn't really work. It felt as though it was written and directed by a five year old. The cyborg kids on speeder-scooters completely clashed with the Star Wars aesthetic. After loving last week's episode, and getting excited for this week's, I'm very disappointed by how uneven this show is turning out to be.

Back