• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

StarDisc

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Visited this place yesterday, it's at Warkworth not far from Matlock,
well worth a visit if in the area very quiet when I was there no one
about, beside the disc there's a stone calendar and a viewing platform
were you can get a view of the surrounding area a interesting place.

http://www.stardisc.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thank you! We'll pop over for a look!

That place looks amazing... if I lived close by I'd definately go and sit there and contemplate about life and appreciate and get lost in the view... Then after a while I'd feel like something was amiss so I would make sure I have a thermos with coffee and biscuits with me to keep me grounded longer...

Wow, that's impressive. I've always been really astounded by the Nebra Disk, that is excellent that there's been such an inspired modern emulation.

Bet it is even more amazing at night it is lit by led's set in the seats and powered by a solar panel
but if you go in daylight go up to the viewing platform and look down the other side at the
quarry that is quite a sight. I went on a bike and the road up is narrow and steap even though
it is between houses and tarmacked though any car will get up it as long as your in the right gear.

Only wish I lived in the area as I would love to visit at night.

Wow, thats not far from me, beautiful, looks even more impressive at night, thank you for pointing this out

Let us know what you think if you do visit,
makes you wounder what say in 500 years time
when it is dug up by a futuristic time team they will make of it.

A lot better than the dinner sets they usually dig up

Let us know what you think if you do visit,
makes you wounder what say in 500 years time
when it is dug up by a futuristic time team they will make of it.
'Built for ritual purposes'.

Reactions: RaM
Back