Stephen King

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

James_H

And I like to roam the land
I posted this on another thread but it might be fitting here: I thought IT chapter two was terrible.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Gawd, I hope not, apart from Tim Curry the TV version was a real dud for me. I did love IT Chapter One, though, and I suppose I'll watch Chapter Two, but my enthusiasm is waning after hearing the reviews.

In The Tall Grass: Based on a novella written by Stephen King and Joe Hill. The tale of a field of long grass which entices people in, trapping them in time loops and time slips. Next to the field is an abandoned church with cars parked around it. The grass itself may be sentient or it might just be manipulated by the Black Rock which is within the field. This ancient rock has has ancient pictographs carved on it. The stone can control the humans trapped within the endless meadow if they touch it. A real sense of existential terror is generated by director Vincenzo Natali who also wrote the screenplay. The film does perhaps overstay it's welcome and would benefit from a 15 minute cut in the 101 minute running time. Still, it is an entertaining horror film in the best King tradition. 7/10. On Netflix.

Last edited:

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
In The Tall Grass: Based on a novella written by Stephen King and Joe Hill. The tale of a field of long grass which entices people in, trapping them in time loops and time slips. Next to the field is an abandoned church with cars parked around it. The grass itself may be sentient or it might just be manipulated by the Black Rock which is within the field. This ancient rock has has ancient pictographs carved on it. The stone can control the humans trapped within the endless meadow if they touch it. A real sense of existential terror is generated by director Vincenzo Natali who also wrote the screenplay. The film does perhaps overstay it's welcome and would benefit from a 15 minute cut in the 101 minute running time. Still, it is an entertaining horror film in the best King tradition. 7/10. On Netflix.
Watched it last month.
Started out as fairly intriguing but, like many SK ideas, it's a very slim premise stretched out far too long.