• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Stephensville UFO Event

I have already posted the skeptical analyses of these events. I can expand on them further, but what really seems unlikely about these events is that they involved numerous US planes, yet not one of the pilots has come forwards. Yet when David Fravor observed his balloon tic tac, he was all over the US media. Could it be that the pilots at Stephenville saw nothing interesting?

I'm skeptical about any US sighting where US planes are involved, but no pilot comes forward. Fravor, and Underwood, and Slaight have proved that there is no stigma associated with reporting a sighting. On the contrary, you will be lionised.

I have already posted the skeptical analyses of these events. I can expand on them further, but what really seems unlikely about these events is that they involved numerous US planes, yet not one of the pilots has come forwards. Yet when David Fravor observed his balloon tic tac, he was all over the US media. Could it be that the pilots at Stephenville saw nothing interesting?

I'm skeptical about any US sighting where US planes are involved, but no pilot comes forward. Fravor, and Underwood, and Slaight have proved that there is no stigma associated with reporting a sighting. On the contrary, you will be lionised.
I would agree that these days that is true --things have changed since the '50s. When first investigated, it was pretty clear that the military thought they were real and wanted one --then when they realized what they were (around time of Estimate of Situation), they shut up and folks were ridiculed. You wouldn't want it out that you had seen flying saucers. But these are different times, and the stuff is hitting the fan now, and we will all be bescumbered.

If we ever get any real proof of aliens, I'll be first in the queue for data.
But all the information we have at the moment points towards a distinct lack of aliens.

Well, you good scientists will have to be dragged kicking and screaming on the UFO phenomenon --and that's how science should operate, anyway. So, it's all good, and we are going on an interesting journey indeed --so it's exciting! :p And, the foil hat will slowly be handed over and worn by those of the old paradigm. Once we can get the skeptics on board we can use their skills to figure out where these things are coming from, and why they surveille us so.

This is interesting:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/a4018/4304170/

https://www.heraldtribune.com/article/LK/20080722/News/605228613/SH
AR-605228613.jpg

http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com/10804/faa-backsliding-on-transparency/

Last edited:
This trace seems to have been a civilian aircraft; the 500mph burst of speed was probably a data glitch.
...the authors claim that the target sped up for a few seconds to 532 mph. They do mention the possible reason could be due to radar data error:
Calculating the speed using minimum radar sweep increments of 10 seconds magnifies any imprecision in within the radar system. One possibility is imprecession (imprecision ) in the azimuth values from the radar, which will then induce error in speed calculations. Radar azimuth uncertainty will impact the speed calculation for a slow moving aircraft more than a fast moving aircraft. The potential error can be caused by the width of the radar beam, distance to the object, and strength of the returned signal...Although the authors cannot determine for certain whether the unknown object accelerated to this speed, it is worth mentioning.
So, in their own words, they don't know if this burst occurred or not. I'm fairly sure it didn't.

Back