• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Stone Circles Causing Shocks (Electrical Sensations)

Hello Ermintruder!
I have to begin to read the responses to my post. A few days after writing I turned my attention to my father who fell ill. Until a few days ago I had not been able to sit for anything other than sleep. Family takes priority. After reading the responses here, I am bowled over! No way could I have foreseen the variety of interesting topics and informational links sent by all of you on here. It certainly is a privilege and no accident I came upon this site!

Now. I shall get to all of it!

Ciao for now, but soon I will put my stamp again. Need a bit to read!

Thank you for your input here. As you say, family comes first. I hope all is well with your father.

I love the idea that standing stones possess and emit unusual properties. Being near natural outcroppings in the landscape has some effect on the organism for sure. Geomagnetic or whatever. Things happen. Very cool.
Hi 'Skinny.' I remember one place in particular in Scotland where I lived many years ago, of coming across a large - long, fallen standing stone (now there's a great contradiction in terms of explaining something!) in the middle of a fairly out-of-the-way standing stone sight - but since then, I've forgotten the name of the place where it was... anyway, carved into the stone were a multitude of cup-marks of varying sizes in which I placed round labels to highlight them on film, and a long carved incision between them. What was my interpretation of those was personally speaking, was that the whole markings were a crude form of a mapping, probably depicting houses of the day within forest land, and the river (the Tay) was the long incised carved line, only my own theory though you understand - but basically, it seemed to me at the time to have made perfect sense?

What was my interpretation of those was personally speaking, was that the whole markings were a crude form of a mapping, probably depicting houses of the day within forest land, and the river (the Tay) was the long incised carved line,
Your interpretation reminds me of what I've read about Indigenous Australian paintings—that they are maps of the Dreamtime landscape (IIRC).
https://www.aboriginalart.com.au/culture/dreamtime2.html
https://www.aboriginal-art-australia.com/aboriginal-art-library/aboriginal-dot-art-behind-the-dots/
https://gagosian.com/exhibitions/2019/desert-painters-of-australia-part-two/

So—your interpretation makes sense to me!
(Apologies for the plethora of links—I love paint!)

Came across this message buried within another Forums web sight page. Might also help to explain some of the links between electricity, and strange effects when in the stone circle's.

The sight is: http://www.megalithic.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=7506&forum=4
The message on the page is listed as being Posted from 'cropredy,' on 17-09-2017 at 17:48
Certainly seems to add some cred as to 'maxley & his wife' experiencing strangeness within the Merry Maidens Circle as has been re-told!

Last edited by a moderator:
If this helps, the old Time-Life "Mysteries of the Unknown" series has as one of their reenactments being a visitor who fashions something out of wire and received a blast of energy that knocks them unconscious.

You can see it at this trailer about 1:15 in...

A fun video clip — the telephones made me feel nostalgic.

I have to wonder what the medical history was of the man with the wires "shaped like an ancient Egyptian symbol" who got knocked unconscious when he pointed them at Stonehenge. (I suppose that is an implied "Dismissed as Coincidence".)

The story of the precognitive dream of buried children was told in the podcast "Unexplained", episodes 9 and 9 Extra. They describe the Aberfan disaster of 1966, which, as told in the podcasts, was preceded by eerie and disturbing dreams that appear related.

I went with my ex partner over to the Eden Valley in Cumbria and persuaded him to visit Meg and her Daughters. Despite having a map and the place being signposted, it took us AGES of driving around before we found the location. When we got there, we were practically the only ones there (a huge contrast to Castlerigg). I tried taking some pictures, but the camera on my phone wouldn't work - all I got was a pink screen covered in streaks. As we walked around, the camera started to work and and I got some actual photos, but it stopped again before we left.

Probably just a problem with the camera, but it's never done it before or since! I've deleted the 'pink streak' pictures, but here's one that was taken while I was trying to get the camera to work - I have no idea what the blocky black pixels are! Like I said, it's never done it before or since. The file is called Castlerigg but was actually taken at Long Meg. Castlerigg.jpg

Now. I shall get to all of it!
Ciao for now, but soon I will put my stamp again. Need a bit to read!
@Spin Crystal ..... although I'm not holding my breath, I'm keeping faith that you are still going to say some more.

That's three full moons since you last posted. Please don't make it a fourth.

I went with my ex partner over to the Eden Valley in Cumbria and persuaded him to visit Meg and her Daughters. Despite having a map and the place being signposted, it took us AGES of driving around before we found the location. When we got there, we were practically the only ones there (a huge contrast to Castlerigg). I tried taking some pictures, but the camera on my phone wouldn't work - all I got was a pink screen covered in streaks. As we walked around, the camera started to work and and I got some actual photos, but it stopped again before we left.

Probably just a problem with the camera, but it's never done it before or since! I've deleted the 'pink streak' pictures, but here's one that was taken while I was trying to get the camera to work - I have no idea what the blocky black pixels are! Like I said, it's never done it before or since. The file is called Castlerigg but was actually taken at Long Meg.View attachment 21058
Oh I'm gonna have to find that one! I know what you mean about Castlerigg. I've been at all times of day and year and weather and have never had the place to myself - or if we have, only briefly before someone turns up.

At Samhain there was a bunch of amateur photographers there from a club, I guess - we've seen a similar group (or maybe it was them) there before... You feel like you're ruining their photos by walking up to the stones. They probably don't mind. But I did wonder if we'd gone by later, who would have been there. Someone.

Here's a photo I took the other June, a few days after Midsummer - the hippies were still there. Along with this fabulous shrine.
IMG_0184(1).JPG
IMG_0184(1).JPG

Back