• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I was looking at Stonehenge and Gobekli Tepe and thinking much the same thing. Maybe it was a giant yurt.

Just saw this nice pic of the gardener,

12963773_470915673101652_778561796105846807_n.jpg

Stonehenge dig finds 6,000-year-old encampment
_79828357_img_1554-5.jpg
Archaeologists found the encampment during a dig at Blick Mead near Stonehenge

Archaeologists working on a site near Stonehenge say they have found an untouched 6,000-year-old encampment which "could rewrite British history".
David Jacques, from the University of Buckingham, made the discovery at Blick Mead in October, and said the carbon dating results had just been confirmed.
But he also raised concerns about possible damage to the site over plans to build a road tunnel past Stonehenge.
The Department of Transport said it would "consult before any building".

The Blick Mead site is about 1.5 miles (2.4km) from Stonehenge and archaeologists said "scientifically tested charcoal" dug up from the site had "revealed that it dated from around 4000 BC".

_79828361_img_1575-2.jpg

The archaeologists found burnt flints, remains of animals and tools

David Jacques said the dig had also found "evidence of feasting" including burnt flints, tools and remains of giant cattle, known as aurochs, which were eaten by early hunter gatherers.
Mr Jacques said: "British pre-history may have to be rewritten. This is the latest dated Mesolithic encampment ever found in the UK.
"Blick Mead site connects the early hunter gatherer groups returning to Britain after the Ice Age to the Stonehenge area, all the way through to the Neolithic in the late 5th Millennium BC.
"But our only chance to find out about the earliest chapter of Britain's history could be wrecked if the tunnel goes ahead."
_79828365_blick_mead_2014_art__(3)-2.jpg
Archaeologists said the latest carbon date suggested it was continuously occupied between 7500-4000 BC

Andy Rhind-Tutt, a former mayor and current chairman of Amesbury Museum, which part-funded the dig, said the discovery could "provide what archaeologists have been searching for centuries - the answer to the story of the pre-history of Stonehenge."
Earlier this month, the government announced funding for a 1.8-mile (2.9km) tunnel to remove congestion from the main road past Stonehenge.
A Department for Transport spokesman said: "As with any road scheme, we will consult with interested parties before any building begins on the A303.
"English Heritage and National Trust are supportive of our plans, and we will ensure sites of cultural or historical significance are safeguarded as we progress with the upgrade."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-30540914

That's a beautiful piece of flint there Ryn - here's one from Australia

IMG_8501_edited-1.jpg
IMG_8501_edited-1.jpg

Televangelist Jim Bakker invited Dr. Dennis Lindsay on to his program on Wednesday to discuss Lindsay’s latest discovery in the realm of Creation Science: the truth behind Stonehenge.

Hold on to your hats: Stonehenge, it turns out, was built by giants who were created by Satan.

Lindsay told Bakker that these giants were tools of the devil, who seeks to destroy Israel because “he’s out to destroy God’s creation and his whole plan of redemption and contaminate the human race.”

But Satan wants to “have his own seed and make his own family,” Lindsay explained, and so he created a race of giants who would attack Israel.

“He build his little squatter’s hut up there on the Temple Mount, you know that temple, because he knows what the Bible says about that place,” he said. “I weaved through why and what is the evidence for giant beings on this earth. We all know about Stonehenge, right? That’s just one of hundreds and hundreds of gigantic places around the world that testify that some sort of supernatural power or giants were involved in its construction.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/did-satanic-giants-build-stonehenge

Televangelist Jim Bakker invited Dr. Dennis Lindsay on to his program on Wednesday to discuss Lindsay’s latest discovery in the realm of Creation Science: the truth behind Stonehenge.

Hold on to your hats: Stonehenge, it turns out, was built by giants who were created by Satan.

Lindsay told Bakker that these giants were tools of the devil, who seeks to destroy Israel because “he’s out to destroy God’s creation and his whole plan of redemption and contaminate the human race.”

But Satan wants to “have his own seed and make his own family,” Lindsay explained, and so he created a race of giants who would attack Israel.

“He build his little squatter’s hut up there on the Temple Mount, you know that temple, because he knows what the Bible says about that place,” he said. “I weaved through why and what is the evidence for giant beings on this earth. We all know about Stonehenge, right? That’s just one of hundreds and hundreds of gigantic places around the world that testify that some sort of supernatural power or giants were involved in its construction.”

Stonehenge was also used as a place to keep dinosaurs. It's obvious, innit?
:bananas:

But wasn't the 900ft Jesus a giant? Sorry, wrong televangelist.

I've just realised that these people breed.

Are Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid Warning of a Meteor Strike in 2020?

Ted Harper is a New Zealander who claims to have studied sacred geometry for 17 years before deciding to reveal his conclusions to the world in the wake of his reading of Graham Hancock’s Magicians of the Gods, a book that shaped his ideas about what the ancients were trying to say through geometry.

In a posting on Graham Hancock’s website Harper revealed his conclusion that the Great Pyramid of Giza and Stonehenge signal the summer solstice annular solar eclipse of June 21, 2020 in order to warn us all of an impending asteroid or meteor strike. His logic is overly complicated and a bit difficult to follow.

In astronomical terms, he says that particular partial solar eclipse will align with the galactic equator, an arbitrary line in the sky representing the midpoint of the disk-shaped Milky Way galaxy. The galactic coordinate system Harper uses in his analysis wasn’t formalized until 1958, refining (and shifting) and earlier system from 1932, itself drawing on one first proposed in 1785. The Great Pyramid was constructed around 2450 BCE, long before the current arbitrary galactic equator existed. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/a...at-pyramid-warning-of-a-meteor-strike-in-2020

In astronomical terms, he says that particular partial solar eclipse will align with the galactic equator, an arbitrary line in the sky representing the midpoint of the disk-shaped Milky Way galaxy. The galactic coordinate system Harper uses in his analysis wasn’t formalized until 1958, refining (and shifting) and earlier system from 1932, itself drawing on one first proposed in 1785. The Great Pyramid was constructed around 2450 BCE, long before the current arbitrary galactic equator existed. ...in-2020

Well, see, that's how advanced the Egyptians were. Using a coordinate system thousands of years before everyone else adopted it.

Ancient Egypt : home of hipsterism before even that was cool.

They had those carefully maintained beards, too.

The Galactic Equator is effectively the central plane of the band of stars known as the Milky Way - nothing 'arbitrary' about that! The Ecliptic (the path of the sun against the stars) cuts this twice a year.

Is this what Harper means by 'aligns' in respect to the 2020 solar eclipse? (I could check that, using Heavens Above, for example, but I can't be arsed. If Harper thinks the biggest, longest lasting object in the human universe, namely our home galaxy, is arbitrary, I don't see why I should waste any intellectual power on his ideas.)

Another Stonehenge story today:

Stonehenge's purpose revealed
Raphael Satter | September 23, 2008 - 5:27AM

LONDON - Two British archaeologists declared today that they have uncovered the core reason behind the construction of one of the world's best known and least understood landmarks.

The stone circle at Stonehenge has stood for thousands of years - and bred endless debate over whether it was a temple for ancient sun-worshippers, a sacred burial site, or even a kind of massive prehistoric astronomical calculator.

Professors Geoffrey Wainwright and Timothy Darvill argued their own explanation for the mysterious monument: Stonehenge, they said, was a kind of primeval Lourdes, drawing prehistoric pilgrims from around Europe.

"We found several reasons to believe that the stones were built as part of a belief in a healing process," Wainwright told journalists assembled at London's Society of Antiquaries.

Wainwright and Darvill, the first to excavate the site in more than 40 years, said the key to their theory was Stonehenge's double circle of bluestones - a rare rock known to geologists as spotted dolomite - which lie at the centre of the monument.

Dragged or floated on rafts from Pembrokeshire in Wales to Salisbury Plain in southern England, he said the bluestones were prized for their healing properties - as evidenced by the small mountain of flakes the scientists uncovered during their dig.

Pieces ended up buried in tombs across the area, a testament to people's fascination with the rocks, Wainwright said.

The proof was not only in the stones - but also in the bones. Skeletons recovered from the area showed signs of serious disease or injury. [My question: In the absence of modern medicine, what sort of skeletons were they expecting to find? :? ]

"People were in a state of distress, if I can put it as politely as that, when they came to the Stonehenge monument," Darvill said.

The evidence, they said, pointed to a kind of shrine where people from across the Europe would go to seek healing. But they cautioned that that did not rule out alternative theories for Stonehenge's uses.

"It could have been a temple, even as it was a healing centre," Darvill said. "Just as Lourdes, for example, is still a religious centre." [Another question: Why would people be buried at a 'healing centre' - you don't pile up corpses outside of a hospital, do you? :roll:]

AP

Source: http://tinyurl.com/4s23u6

The first Name of Stonehenge was "heaven"

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven (stonehenge): and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither (north), and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne (mishkan) was set in heaven (stonehenge), and one (heelstone) sat on the throne (mishkan).
And he (heelstone) that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow (heelstone ditch) round about the throne (mishkan), in sight like unto an emerald.
And round about the throne (mishkan) were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders (24 fossils) sitting, clothed in white raiment (the chalk); and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
And out of the throne (mishkan) proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning (brass altar) before the throne (mishkan), which are the seven Spirits of God (7 gold relics).
And before the throne (mishkan) there was a sea of glass (the channel) like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne (mishkan), and round about the throne (mishkan), were four beasts full of eyes (heelstone eyeholes) before and behind.
And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle (heelstone pareidolia).
And the four beasts had each of them six wings (4 heelstone, 2 mishkan) about him; and they were full of eyes (heelstone eyeholes) within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him (heelstone) that sat on the throne (mishkan), who liveth for ever and ever,
The four and twenty elders (24 fossils) fall down before him (heelstone) that sat on the throne (mishkan), and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne (mishkan), saying,
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The Healing Stones

Stonehenge (heaven) shall be a site of healing, again. Creatures may go there to be made well. The blind will receive sight. The lame shall walk. The lepers will be cleansed. The deaf shall hear. The dumb will speak. The maimed shall be made whole. The cancered will be cured. And the dead shall be raised up. Bluestones in the centre of Stonehenge (heaven) will be recharged, and the magical healing powers (G=c^5/Power, G=c^4/Force) in the Bluestones shall return; After the throne (mishkan) exhumation @ Heelstone.

However, if any charge or any fee for admission to Stonehenge (heaven) is ever imposed; Including, but not limited to: parking, taxes, bookings, etc, that site of healing will cease, again. Creatures may go elsewhere to be made well, Bluestones in the centre of Stonehenge (Heaven) will be discharged, Power of G, Force of G, stopped; And the magical healing powers in the Bluestones shall end, again.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/

Voluntary donations,
Anonymous gifts,
are acceptable.

Touch centre Bluestones, not Me, this time.

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven (stonehenge): and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither (north), and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne (mishkan) was set in heaven (stonehenge), and one (heelstone) sat on the throne (mishkan).
And he (heelstone) that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow (heelstone ditch) round about the throne (mishkan), in sight like unto an emerald.
And round about the throne (mishkan) were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders (24 fossils) sitting, clothed in white raiment (the chalk); and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
And out of the throne (mishkan) proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning (brass altar) before the throne (mishkan), which are the seven Spirits of God (7 gold relics).
And before the throne (mishkan) there was a sea of glass (the channel) like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne (mishkan), and round about the throne (mishkan), were four beasts full of eyes (heelstone eyeholes) before and behind.
And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle (heelstone pareidolia).
And the four beasts had each of them six wings (4 heelstone, 2 mishkan) about him; and they were full of eyes (heelstone eyeholes) within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him (heelstone) that sat on the throne (mishkan), who liveth for ever and ever,
The four and twenty elders (24 fossils) fall down before him (heelstone) that sat on the throne (mishkan), and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne (mishkan), saying,
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The Healing Stones

Stonehenge (heaven) shall be a site of healing, again. Creatures may go there to be made well. The blind will receive sight. The lame shall walk. The lepers will be cleansed. The deaf shall hear. The dumb will speak. The maimed shall be made whole. The cancered will be cured. And the dead shall be raised up. Bluestones in the centre of Stonehenge (heaven) will be recharged, and the magical healing powers (G=c^5/Power, G=c^4/Force) in the Bluestones shall return; After the throne (mishkan) exhumation @ Heelstone.

However, if any charge or any fee for admission to Stonehenge (heaven) is ever imposed; Including, but not limited to: parking, taxes, bookings, etc, that site of healing will cease, again. Creatures may go elsewhere to be made well, Bluestones in the centre of Stonehenge (Heaven) will be discharged, Power of G, Force of G, stopped; And the magical healing powers in the Bluestones shall end, again.

Voluntary donations,
Anonymous gifts,
are acceptable.

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)

Oh aye... tha carries on a treat lad.

In ancient times...
Hundreds of years before the dawn of history
Lived a strange race of people... the Druids

No one knows who they were or what they were doing
But their legacy remains
Hewn into the living rock... Of Stonehenge

Stonehenge! Where the demons dwell
Where the banshees live and they do live well
Stonehenge! Where a man's a man
And the children dance to the Pipes of Pan

Hey!

Stonehenge! 'Tis a magic place
Where the moon doth rise with a dragon's face
Stonehenge! Where the virgins lie
And the prayers of devils fill the midnight sky

And you my love, won't you take my hand?
We'll go back in time to that mystic land
Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow
I will take you there, I will show you how

Oh!

And oh how they danced
The little children of Stonehenge
Beneath the haunted moon
For fear that daybreak might come too soon

And where are they now?
The little children of Stonehenge
And what would they say to us?
If we were here... tonight

The Healing Stones

Voluntary donations,
Anonymous gifts,
are acceptable.

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)
thbbtt.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. Pendragon is now arguing for free parking at Stonehenge.

http://heatst.com/life/druid-to-take-charity-to-court-over-stonehenge-parking-charges/
http://heatst.com/life/druid-to-take-charity-to-court-over-stonehenge-parking-charges/

-----------------
King Arthur Pendragon – the 62-year-old self-proclaimed reincarnation of the mythical King Arthur – is taking legal action against English Heritage, arguing it is a breach of people’s human rights to be charged a £15 ($18) fee before they can worship at the prehistoric monument.

Mr Pendragon, whose real name is John Rothwell, appeared at Salisbury County Court this week to argue that parking should be free because people have a right to pray without hindrance.

The court has now granted him a full day to have his case heard. The hearing is due to take place at Salisbury Crown Court in April.

Visitors to Stonehenge, near Amesbury in Wiltshire, can normally park there free of charge.

But during the June Summer Solstice, the busiest day of the year for Stonehenge, parking charges apply.

For most people I would have thought they were paying £15 to park and have a look around the monument, take a few photos, etc. Not pray at some stones, which I'm not sure is top of Amnesty International's concerns. Plus the money goes towards sustaining and preserving the monument, what does he think it's used for?

There's another US 'Stonehenge':

Just what is Manhattanhenge?
By Virginia Brown, BBC News Magazine

New Yorkers have witnessed an urban solar phenomenon, with the Sun setting in alignment with the city's skyscrapers and giving an effect fans say is reminiscent of Wiltshire's Stonehenge. Welcome to Manhattanhenge.

Twice every year amateur photographers gather in carefully-selected spots to set up tripods and wait to capture the ultimate sunset.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14150550

Strangely, for all the books I've read, set in NY, I've never heard this mentioned before. I would have remembered because this sort of thing is a passion of mine too.

At my previous flat I had a Chapelhenge: my living room window looked onto the side of a methodist chapel with five windows either side. By chance these windows provided three sightlines to the setting sun, at different times of the year!
:D

And now there's Melbhenge!
'Melbhenge' sun spectacle wins fans in Australia

It may not rival "Manhattanhenge", but the Australian city of Melbourne has enjoyed its own spectacular solar phenomenon.
At 20:27 local time on Tuesday, the setting sun perfectly aligned with the city's east-west streets to cast a golden light between skyscrapers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-38902668

Did Dutch hordes kill off the early Britons who started Stonehenge?
A gene study has shown that incomers could have ousted Stone Age Britons
Robin McKie Science editor Sunday 21 May 2017 00.05 BST

The men and women who built Stonehenge left an indelible mark on the British landscape. However, researchers have discovered that their impact on other aspects of the nation may have been less impressive. In particular, their input into Britain’s gene pool appears to have fizzled out, having been terminated by light-skinned Bronze Age invaders who arrived just as Ancient Britons were midway through their great Stone Age project. In the end, these newcomers may have completely replaced the people who were building Stonehenge.

This startling conclusion is the result of a huge gene study of humans in prehistoric Europe. It shows that around 2500BC – when the main sections of Stonehenge were under construction – a race of people known to archaeologists as the Beaker folk arrived in Britain. Their genetic profiles were similar to individuals who were living in the Netherlands at the time. In just a short period, all genetic traces of early Stone Age Britons were replaced by those from these continental newcomers, although work on Stonehenge continued.

“It is very striking. There seems to have been a complete replacement of the original folk of Britain with these newcomers,” said Garrett Hellenthal, a statistical geneticist based at University College London. “Normally you get some older DNA surviving with a wave of immigrants, even a fairly large wave. But you don’t see that in this case. Frankly it looks more like an invasion.” ...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/20/dutch-invaders-stonehenge-ancient-britons

Back