• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I do not have an issue with the fact that the blue stones of stonehenge wete quarried in Wales, this is not new, its been known for decades, that is not what tjis programme was intimating.

I thought it was!

I thought it was!
They visited the quarry where the blue stones at stonehenge more than likely came from, the explained the quarrying process, got some school kids to demonstrate how it was possible to haul large stones using only log sleds and rope, along with the usual fluff the bbc seem duty bound to fill thier documentaries with, but the main 'ground breaking new discovery' was this hole in Wales that they said once contained a stone which is now part of stonehenge.

I've been to Carn Goedog. It does look striking. It was a beautiful day, I sunbathed naked on the stones... until I saw a walker on the path below:oops:

I started looking out for a suitable stone to take but there was nothing small and pebbly. As I was clambering around I put my hand out to steady myself on the edge of a stone when I felt something move. I thought it was some sort of calcified moss (if there is such a thing) but it was a sliver of stone. I have it under my pillow.

Sometimes, at night, I can hear the Old Ones calling... calling... calling...

Either that or it's my digestive issues.

If I've done it right you can see some pics at the link below

I've been to Carn Goedog. It does look striking. It was a beautiful day, I sunbathed naked on the stones... until I saw a walker on the path below:oops:

I started looking out for a suitable stone to take but there was nothing small and pebbly. As I was clambering around I put my hand out to steady myself on the edge of a stone when I felt something move. I thought it was some sort of calcified moss (if there is such a thing) but it was a sliver of stone. I have it under my pillow.

Looks amazing, ill have to visit when we are allowed out :(

If the theory is correct, other imprints of the actual stones should be there exactly and they’re all equally measurable. Equally exactly.
If one ‘key’ fits, there needs to be an explanation of why the other stones don’t.

I've watched it! I can absolutely see where @Souleater is coming from, but I think that an hour's film is, of necessity, leaving out a great deal of more detailed (and very very boring) analysis. I still think Mike Parker Pearson knows what he's doing, but I absolutely agree that this documentary leaves great big holes (pun intended) in the story.

I reckon there's a lot lot more that we weren't shown that swung the decision. Like the stone hole - maybe if they removed the stones packing the blue stone in place the stone could be swung out of its hole without destroying the shape of the original hole. But I agree that the 'ooh look, the shape of this hole fits this stone' was not exactly convincing.

I can sympathise. Me and my ex decided to take advantage of Mad Cow Disease fields lockdown by sneaking into those yellow taped off areas so we could get neked without risk of getting noticed except some teenagers walked past .. the two girls were giggling but the two lads looked cross with us.

Thoughts have surfaced through the detritus in my mind, that, is the bluestone akin to the Lia Fail, and that it's removal and placement was necessary, due to the desires of the body politik of the time?

Or, was it a kidnap and ransom of a power symbol...or was it completely agreed upon, and required for some arcane reason.

Either way, it's a distraction...in't it.

Last edited:
I've been trying to watch Stonehenge: The Lost Circle Revealed on I Player. Maybe I'll have time tonight. I've always gone past Stonehenge on many occasions. One day I'll stop and visit it. As some people think it looks like a fanny and I think it looks like a boobie print its kinda of win win situation for me!!

The stones themselves do look quite feminine in shape. Like primal Mother/Earth Goddesses. But it's hard to tell if that's how they did it back then or if it looks like that through years of wear tear.

The stones themselves do look quite feminine in shape. Like primal Mother/Earth Goddesses. But it's hard to tell if that's how they did it back then or if it looks like that through years of wear tear.
I think that might be in the eye of the beholder. Some of them look a bit phallic to me. But I guess that a few thousand years of standing in all weathers will do that to rock.

I can sympathise. Me and my ex decided to take advantage of Mad Cow Disease fields lockdown by sneaking into those yellow taped off areas so we could get neked without risk of getting noticed except some teenagers walked past .. the two girls were giggling but the two lads looked cross with us.
obviously public school boys!!

I've been trying to look at my fanny in the mirror it doesn't look like Stonehenge.

There's a surprise.

In the pictures the view from above Stonehenge actually looks like when you press one of your boobs on the glass shower screen.

I'm having trouble visualising this & think we may need a photo as explanation.

Two years ago I did a double booby squash on the shower screen and took a selfy i was trying to romance this woman called Davina and sent it to her. I then received a picture back of my brother in his shorts in his shower pressing his chest up against the screen. I then realized I'd sent it to my bro David and not this woman Davina

Worse of all he made the picture online into a Christmas Card and sent it to my ex saying look what you're missing out on!!

On beardy Mike I've seen some of his stuff over the years quite interesting. He does Neolithic Studies.

There were three other, more informative bits of data than the shape of the hole at Waun Mawn.

Firstly, the bluestones at Stonehenge came from the quarry right next to Waun Mawn, something they didn't know before; they originally thought they came from further south.

Secondly the size of the circle in Wales was the same size as the original bluestone ring at Stonehenge. A bit of a coincidence, as if they were deliberately trying to recreate the Waun Mawn circle in Wiltshire.

Lastly the bluestones at this quarry seem to have been quarried two or three hundred years before they were erected at Stonehenge; where were they in the intervening centuries, stacked up in the local B+Q?

There were still bluestones stacked in the Welsh countryside millennia later, so maybe they just left them until they were needed? Would anyone have known or been able to record how old they were back then anyway?

Back